Welcome to Gaia! ::

I joined because of the Legend of Korra forum, and that's literally the only reason
I did love the avatars at first sight and I still love them biggrin

So why did you join?

Perfect Saint

I've joined forums years before Gaia, but when I saw the avatars here, I fell in love. Still in love after 10 years. heart

Sahri's Partner

Dapper Mage

I had a couple of friends pestering me to join. I don't think either of them use Gaia any longer, but I love the avatars and have enjoyed meeting many people in the forums and guilds over the years. :3

Random Nobody 13's Husbando

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
I asked an RP buddy for a list of Final Fantasy games in their original order, since in the U.S. they fudged it up. He linked me to gaia. Still not sure why, back then it would have made more sense to link me for the RP forum.

Angelic Marshmallow

User ImageUser Image

I joined in Oct 2005. I loved that there was a story and world I could make a character for and just become lost in it. I would name my items and make up stories for them. During the Zurg event I called my avi "the candycane ninja" but there was someone else that did so as well.

There was talk about the battle system back then, I wanted to be around for it. Then it came out as zOMG! and it was fun. Though I hated the forced socializing (crewing) due to not doing very well with that. But I had friends that I could play with.

So yeah, joined for the manga/story/events/world/avatars, stayed for those and the promises of features.

(I also loved jigsaw).

Divine Snack

I joined because a friend irl told me to join. I stayed because of zOMG!

Questionable Man-Lover

I was introduced by my Nursing Clasmate on 2007. She told me if I love anime and arts I should join. During those times, our internet connection was slow and I stopped. I came back because of ZOMG.

Lanzer's Compadre

I joined in '06.
My older brothers friend used to play it.
He was lodging at my home for a few months.
He showed me it and I've been hooked since.
Unfortunately, now a days it's more of a curse to be addicted to this website than a blessing.

Batty Witch

I joined in 2009, and at the time I was looking into MMORPGs to play that wouldn't destroy my computer. I came across and article about zOMG, and I decided to join Gaia after that. I kinda fell in love with the avatar customization options and the events, and zOMG was a lot more fun than I was lead to believe. I eventually made some friends and now I'm stuck here, haha. sweatdrop

yukai_mara's Husband

Beloved Bloodsucker

12,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I was looking for a place I could talk to other people about anime with, since I didn't have a lot of people outside the internet to discuss such things with. It's been many years and I'm still here, because I love the community.

Zephyr Ceferino's Princess

Fluffy Kitten

A real life friend insisted I join, and eventually made me an account herself with its own email and everything. A few months later she stopped logging in and never got on Gaia again(This would not be the last time she did something like this to me.), but by then I had gotten interested in events and stuff.

She likes to pretend she was never on here now, but I still have her as a friend on this account.

Shy Gaian

I first joined in 2007 because i fell in love with the avatar system and it was the best way for me to practice my art (which is still my favorite way to this days)
Later i stayed mostly because i made many friends and got addicted to the forums.

Wintry Dragon

Somebody wanted the 50 gold referral fee.

I stayed for the angels! gaia_angelleft gaia_diamond gaia_angelright

Snarky Vampire

39,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Champion 300
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
I was introduced to Gaia around 2005 by some people I knew on the Battleon forums, when I was about 14. This is actually the second account I ever made in chronological order, because my first account got stuck in unverified-account limbo for several years. Due to a really odd bit of unintentional parental block wizardry my dad and I haven't been able to duplicate, I hadn't been able to access my MSN junk mail folder at the time, and by the time I got it all sorted out, I'd made this account already and was using it instead.

Revered Guardian

26,550 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
I joined in '06 after a friend of mine said I should check it out. I really loved the Zurg event and have stayed on since. That and some great RP's.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff