Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tricky Fox

Mint tickets... an item you can exchange it for a private chat or date with nearly any NPC. Are we honestly selling these things for a private chat with a person pretty much RPing a character of Gaia?
I would understand if these tickets were found via gold rigs like the projects from Loyal's shop but... Paying from the Cash Shop just to get a chat with an NPC... That's not right or fair.

You promised more NPC interaction but there's hardly any going around. The last time there was some honest to goodness interaction was during that valentine's day craze where almost all the NPCs were coming out to play.

This isn't an item being made or recolored or being made into a doll. No, this is a ticket to have a chat with someone posing as a character. I really don't feel this is worth money! Gold currency maybe, but not money!

People who come up with these ideas... Just think for a moment to ask yourself, "Would I actually pay money to have a slim chance at someone talking to me posing as an NPC?" I'm sure you'd say no.

If it's something as mundane as having a chat, I think they should be reserved for gold shop rigs rather than cash.

A Hoarder

21,525 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Agreed.
I feel like it would be a bit more worth it if the winner could get some sort of couple art or something...but users will still pay for a lot less, obviously.... emotion_facepalm

Tipsy Smoker

I'm just not that obsessed with this site.

Tricky Fox

x3rubiachica3x
Agreed.
I feel like it would be a bit more worth it if the winner could get some sort of couple art or something...but users will still pay for a lot less, obviously.... emotion_facepalm

A couple art from one of the artists along with a private chat is a bit more understanding. But just a chat log? It feels as though gaia is running out of ideas.
Yeah it feels like "what is the cheapest and most easiest thing we can do" idea, and it works well considering that the small group of users obsessed with one npc or more are the ones that are loving this one the most; it's essentially their dream come true.

I think adding in a couple art would be nice too.
Foxtrot Fallout
x3rubiachica3x
Agreed.

A couple art from one of the artists along with a private chat is a bit more understanding. But just a chat log? It feels as though gaia is running out of ideas.

Lol wow, it's really like that? I'm glad I will never try to win any ticket with any of the NPCs

Dapper Pumpkin

15,025 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nerd 50
They are just trying to cash in on the only remaining good parts of this site. I wish they wouldn't stoop this low though there are better ways to make money.
Agreed. I wasn't aware that "more NPC interaction" had "if you buy it" in the fine print.

In a relationship with PoshuI

pay to RP!!!! With Gaia staff! Sounds grrrrreat! rofl ing forever

Bitchboots's Prince

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

There should definitely be more to that ticket reward. Couple art and a copy of the SDplus doll of whatever NPC is chosen I think would be at least halfway decent.

Strawberrei's Kouhai

Shirtless Sex Symbol

19,800 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
Licornia
Yeah it feels like "what is the cheapest and most easiest thing we can do" idea, and it works well considering that the small group of users obsessed with one npc or more are the ones that are loving this one the most; it's essentially their dream come true.

This. It's kind of like how the most commonly released ticket thus far is the Rainbow Ticket (the one that let's you recolour an item), which comparatively takes a lot less work than the other tickets.

Really though, I think the idea is kind of silly. I mentioned in a thread a few days ago that I felt the idea was analogous to paying to sit on Santa's lap. In the end, it's just some random guy dressed up as Santa getting paid... and Gaia's made this analogue one of their top prizes in that Winter CI sweatdrop ...

I know that I wouldn't be interested in the ticket though, because it would be some random staff member forcing the NPC's character and way of speech in their responses. In my opinion, that sort of forced response would ruin the years of hard work put into developing these characters personas.

More NPC interaction is necessary, but not like this. The whole idea is silly in my opinion, and for what is actually offered as a reward is extremely skimpy in terms of effort on Gaia's behalf.

Hoarding Hoarder

Tbh. I think it's a cute little idea. Would I think it would've been better if it was more like the Louie date where instead of jut getting a date and art with Louie, you could pick any NPC then? Yes. But I still think it's cute, and nice for the users that are a fan of an NPC, rpers, or just plain imaginative.
Zandy
Licornia

This. It's kind of like how the most commonly released ticket thus far is the Rainbow Ticket (the one that let's you recolour an item), which comparatively takes a lot less work than the other tickets.

Really though, I think the idea is kind of silly. I mentioned in a thread a few days ago that I felt the idea was analogous to paying to sit on Santa's lap. In the end, it's just some random guy dressed up as Santa getting paid... and Gaia's made this analogue one of their top prizes in that Winter CI sweatdrop ...

I know that I wouldn't be interested in the ticket though, because it would be some random staff member forcing the NPC's character and way of speech in their responses. In my opinion, that sort of forced response would ruin the years of hard work put into developing these characters personas.

More NPC interaction is necessary, but not like this. The whole idea is silly in my opinion, and for what is actually offered as a reward is extremely skimpy in terms of effort on Gaia's behalf.

Agreed, but I feel like at least rainbow tickets give you someting rather then a bunch of text. I wouldn't mind a rainbow ticket so I could have an item in the exact colours I'd want them to be and at least it's something you can wear on your avatar.

A chat log is just the biggest rip-off possible.

Tricky Fox

Bee Movie Suit
Tbh. I think it's a cute little idea. Would I think it would've been better if it was more like the Louie date where instead of jut getting a date and art with Louie, you could pick any NPC then? Yes. But I still think it's cute, and nice for the users that are a fan of an NPC, rpers, or just plain imaginative.

The idea is cute but not something worth actual money, which is my biggest complaint. This is more gold standards than cash.

Strawberrei's Kouhai

Shirtless Sex Symbol

19,800 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
Licornia
Zandy
Licornia

Agreed, but I feel like at least rainbow tickets give you someting rather then a bunch of text. I wouldn't mind a rainbow ticket so I could have an item in the exact colours I'd want them to be and at least it's something you can wear on your avatar.

A chat log is just the biggest rip-off possible.

Yes, I agree too. The Rainbow Tickets definitely have more value because there's some legacy associated with them. It seems as though some people are actually interested in the Mint Ticket, so I bet Gaia will rerelease this one as excessively if not more than the Rainbow.

Realistically, Gaia could get the Janitor at Gaia HQ to do this job while they all go out to a lobster buffet xd .

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff