Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm surprised that I still have an account on here. Sucker is almost 10 years old . . .

Shy Gawker

8,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Consumer 100
Well when it comes to the economy here, those who want nice things almost have no choice but to play into the system, if we don't play we can't really dress up the way we want to. I really do wish they made better gold shop items. Maybe actually making good arm and leg mods and wigs exclusively for the shops, and removing some key items from Denier Chi' and adding some new things in there too so that the older items can go up in value and they can keep things fresh.

Eloquent Kitten

Yeah, I remember back in 2005, the announcements actually contained interesting information about plotlines and character development... Now we get spammed with announcement and each one is about giving money to Gaia.

What happened? Oh well. The difference is, now I'm an adult and can actually buy those items. xD

Yeata Zi's Bae

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
Yes. It's crazy different
Enkidu Awakened
I've been on Gaia since the year 2005. I've seen many things happen to this site.

I've come and gone periodically. When I first started, I was a high school student. I am now a graduate student working on a master's degree.

I've been more active recently than I've been in a few years, and what I've observed saddens me. Everything seems to be a mess and geared toward a profit margin. I realize that things change, but...really?

I went through some old relic forums in my subscribed threads and had a fit of nostalgia earlier. I once spent hours writing and roleplaying on here. Oh, the memories! It's hard to let go, but I'm thinking about leaving Gaia for good. I feel like I'm wandering around in a field of fossils when I log on now. Maybe I'm just getting old.

Does anyone else feel this way?

Same here, started on gaia a long time ago and only kept up through the years during events. But this past year has been crazy. I feel like I missed something -- the inflation on items is huge! Also, it no longer means anything to have items from 5 years ago because they re-released them all. For the longest time the only time Gaia got money was from the monthly collectibles.

Well either way, its still our choice to spend money or not, they aren't forcing us.

But yes it really has changed, I miss the old days.
Mr. Ska
Yeah, I remember back in 2005, the announcements actually contained interesting information about plotlines and character development... Now we get spammed with announcement and each one is about giving money to Gaia.

What happened? Oh well. The difference is, now I'm an adult and can actually buy those items. xD
[/quote

Actually being able to buy them now its more of a problem haha. I have to justify spending real money on pixels razz

Eloquent Kitten

Yunalesca Chi
Mr. Ska

Actually being able to buy them now its more of a problem haha. I have to justify spending real money on pixels razz

Shhhhhhh, don't tell anyone but I once bought $100 worth of GC... LIKE... WHY?!?!?! rofl

No regrets. I look good all the time now.

Distinct Gaian

You don't even know. I've seen things.

Invisible Raider

Rythulian
The looks and the items dont get me.

Its the fact noone seems as willing to just goof off and chatter anymore. I used to have a ton of fun talking in towns. Now its hard finding a group that actually accepts me. x'D
Well if you want you can join this tinychat I know of. It's primarily active at night but it's sometimes active during the day. http://tinychat.com/zeedens There's plenty of chatter and some goofing off as well.

cool

Headstrong Senshi

20,150 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Power Surge 50
  • Team Player 50
There seems to be more anger at Gaia then ever before, not a big fan of all that drama so I just lurk around here and there. Some of the items aren't to my taste but they are very pretty in their own right. I love seeing the new face and legs mods so that's a plus.

Enduring Hero

As soon as Gaia effectively became pay to play, I lost interest. Avatar customisation is what kept me here. With inflation and ordinary items becoming unaffordable, my interest in the site went out the window. I think Gaia has always been shallow community designed to sell a product-avatar items-and its only in the last year or so that everybody, including myself, has been forced to face the facts.

Tipsy Kitten

I really miss the old times on Gaia. I joined back in '06 I believe, and I used to spend hours on the forums. I felt like questing items back then was a struggle, but fun because it was something to work for. Nowadays I feel like there's such a big emphasis on items you have to pay real money for, so it takes away the enjoyment a little bit for me.

Fashionable Guildswoman

25,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Brilliant Light 450
From 2004.

Gaia has grown considerably.
So it's understandable that they need more $$$$$ to keep things going.
It's totally understandable, I just wish that would listen to the userbase instead of ignoring us then hounding us for cash.

Now that we have AtS I think they are slowly starting to take the hint and go in the right direction.

OG Noob

yeah it is very different. sad The GD has gotten disgusting.

Is there anything we can do to improve our Gaia time on here?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff