Toxic Widow

17,575 Points
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Clambake 200
Konani_NTH
Mela_Di_Amore
Konani_NTH

I don't understand... Why do you still play if you are so unhappy with everything that Gaia does? I've noticed from my friends' feed that you have been posting a lot of complaint threads for awhile now. Why keep playing if you hate it so much?

It's not a game, so i can't really play it-

But i've been on this for a pretty long time now,
and i'm not unhappy with exactly everything, but i've much more to say about the things which i don't~
-i mean; dumpster dive is awesome, free items, but i don't say anything about it.

and i haven't posted a lot of complaint threads, i've been replying to lost of them,
also; they might be much more noticeable since i haven't posted any other kind of threads
thus if it's a question of percentage, i'm totally posting more unhappy threads than happy ones,

still though- gaia's done a lot recently which i, and many others, are not happy with-
-hello by the way, has been a while since we talked .o.~

I'm not trying to attack you, I'm just a little confused why you are so distressed with everything. I remember we met at the Gaia prom, do you remember? 4laugh

Shameless Man-Lover

18,100 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Mela_Di_Amore

I'm not trying to attack you, I'm just a little confused why you are so distressed with everything. I remember we met at the Gaia prom, do you remember? 4laugh

eek, you make it sound like a lovestory .w.'
but no, i don't.... sorry, my memory is not awesome unless specific topics are brought up >w<'

but yes; recent changes in gaiaonline have not been much for the good;
countless announcements daily,
breaking a lot of promises,
going back on their word,

-the new inventory arranger will have a 600-item limit on both house and the locker; no more storing 10k items in those any more, at least not for a long time until they've updated the feature after release :3

also; is this 5 or 7 announcements about that winter date-thing _|D?

Peaceful Nymph

19,150 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Magical Girl 50
Konani_NTH

Well some of us users don't see it as a "play" site. For us is a social site. The large majority and the older users are the ones that use GC, so if they charge us to be here, to "play" I doubt it will last

Shy Poster

13,115 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cart Raider 100
I got fed up a long time ago and stopped buying Gaia cash. I haven't spent any real money on this site since 2009. Sometimes I wish everyone else would get fed up as well and stop. It would send a much needed message to the admins. I would be sort of disappointed if the site were to close because of it, but I don't think I'd be devastated or anything. With what it's become, it just wouldn't matter all that much to me. However, I think they would probably just sell the site off to some other company rather than shut it down and get nothing else out of it. With the way it's currently being run, I think they'd attempt to get everything out of it they possibly could, up to the very end. Which would mean selling it. Which could be good for us, if someone else bought it and ran it differently.

Shameless Man-Lover

18,100 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Mimirelle
Konani_NTH

Well some of us users don't see it as a "play" site. For us is a social site.

-and... why are you quoting me for that?
i was the one saying it wasn't a game, lol...

Peaceful Nymph

19,150 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Magical Girl 50
Konani_NTH
Mimirelle
Konani_NTH

I had just edited the post to add more text, but I'll put it here. The large majority and the older users are the ones that use GC, so if they charge us to be here, to "play" I doubt it will last

Also you are the OP of the thread? Or did I quote the wrong person? gonk Is normal to be quoted when you create a discussion thread, some do some don't.

Shameless Man-Lover

18,100 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Mimirelle
Konani_NTH
Mimirelle
Konani_NTH

I had just edited the post to add more text, but I'll put it here. The large majority and the older users are the ones that use GC, so if they charge us to be here, to "play" I doubt it will last

Also you are the OP of the thread? Or did I quote the wrong person? gonk Is normal to be quoted when you create a discussion thread, some do some don't.

oh- ah- no,
i worded is as pay-to-play, i'm somewhat of a gamer so that's what i call it-
i suppose a more accurate term would be.... pay for membership?
paid-to-access?

as for who do use the GC- i don't know myself, and can't say i've had any numbers which i've studied..
i used to do so myself, a couple of years ago, wasted quite some money on this place but i quit when they started to just pump out everything endlessly emotion_kirakira

i'm mostly against the gold generators though, since they're what screwed up the economy in the first place, there was already plenty of gold in the market before those darned things came around,
and with everything getting raised to cope with the increased marketprice of everything; daily chance, pink link, booty grab ...

Skylex Nevaeh's Husband

Shirtless Demon

17,050 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Gaia is first and foremost, a business. If their customers stopped buying cash enmasse, they would not be able to pay their artists, their engineers, the people who keep this site alive. Every person that keeps Gaia floating would lose their job. It's incredibly selfish to make people lose their jobs because you're not happy. Yes, Gaia has done some questionable things, but is it really that bad to go and encourage the masses to stop paying the people who run this site?

If you're unhappy with something, you have these choices: make a valued effort at creating change: make a petition or encourage the staff with ideas about how to make the site better without attacking the business methods they do not wish to backdown (such as removing gold generators). There are plenty of ways to create change without taking away business. Gaia makes money off the things that sell so they're not going to take that away. Find something else to try and change for the better to make your stay on this site enjoyable. Plenty of suggestions have already been made and implemented. People just want things to complain about and refuse to see small changes.

Gold generators suck. We know this as a community, yet people still use them. Those aren't going away so it's time to go find something else we can improve.

I don't support EVERYONE to stop buying cash. I'd prefer having a website to come to every day and having artists to make us things to enjoy. Without our cash, they wouldn't have jobs. The advertising itself isn't enough to sustain Gaia's growth like it used to back in the old days. I show my support of enjoying this site with my incentive to buy GC. I'm not a whale by any means, but I buy things here and there. I want to support the site, so I buy things I enjoy.

Gaia is not pay-to-play. There is no one forcing anyone to buy cash. Gaia has not forced anyone to buy cash to enjoy this website. I've seen plenty of users who enjoy what they have, or hell, don't really use the avatar system much. They enjoy posting on the forums! Users already can enjoy this site without buying cash.

I post on the forums and use the avatar system. That's pretty much why I am here. Yes, ZOMG may be gone, GGs are the norm and CS updates are daily, but the rest of Gaia is still here. If you don't find anything to your liking, you can quit the website or try to find something to enjoy about it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff