Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian

early christmas gift from my mom
i haven't had a tiny pet like this in years and i'm scared hes going to get out of his cage and get squished or something crying

Enduring Browser

9,750 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
Firstly, they need to be housed with at least one other glider.
Secondly, read up a lot on their diet as you have to make it yourself usually.

Gaian

pseudocyesis
Firstly, they need to be housed with at least one other glider.
Secondly, read up a lot on their diet as you have to make it yourself usually.

we're working on getting another one soon

Kitten

My feelings are kinda harsh on this. But if you can't afford at least two at the same time then you probably should reconsider having them.
Only saying this because you have a pretty good chance of having a little monster on your hands hands if you don't.

Secondly you're going to have to get use to the idea of having him out of the cage and handling him. Simply because if you don't you're just going to have a wild animal in a cage. You have to handle these guys to build a bond, everyone who plans to be in contact has to form a bond. Because these guys aren't just going to warm up or let anyone touch them.. They are wild, and have to be taught that you aren't a threat and touch is pleasant.

Hope he has a fairly sized home as well.

There's a lot of resources to look into if you don't know a whole lot about gliders.
Even on youtube. Not trying to be snotty, just want to make sure you know what to do to have a happy and possibly fun glider.

Gaian

Marrmee
My feelings are kinda harsh on this. But if you can't afford at least two at the same time then you probably should reconsider having them.
Only saying this because you have a pretty good chance of having a little monster on your hands hands if you don't.

Secondly you're going to have to get use to the idea of having him out of the cage and handling him. Simply because if you don't you're just going to have a wild animal in a cage. You have to handle these guys to build a bond, everyone who plans to be in contact has to form a bond. Because these guys aren't just going to warm up or let anyone touch them.. They are wild, and have to be taught that you aren't a threat and touch is pleasant.

There's a lot of resources to look into if you don't know a whole lot about gliders.
Even on youtube. Not trying to be snotty, just want to make sure you know what to do to have a happy and possibly fun glider.

his owners couldn't keep him any more sad
the cage we got him is around 5ft tall

Kitten

gueule
Marrmee

his owners couldn't keep him any more sad
the cage we got him is around 5ft tall
So you rescued him? That's good of you, but it's still important to have some understanding of these critters.

Well even if he had previous owners you still need to get him use to you and your family. They aren't like pup or a kitten in the sense that you can take them from one owner and maybe have them be a good fit. They need you to be able to give them a lot of your time so that they can get a feel for you.

If you don't think you can invest time into a animal like him then you should probably tell your mom and see about getting him a home with people that can and already understand him and his needs.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff