Welcome to Gaia! ::

Would you like a minuscule amount of gold from voting in this poll?

I sure would! 1 100.0% [ 94 ]
Total Votes:[ 94 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Nerd

Hello GCD! I am posting this here (and among other places) to try to get a general idea for how the community feels about how Gaia is operating. If you have the time, I would love to get your responses for the survey as well as any suggestions for any other surveys I may make in the future.

Please feel free to use the information from this survey as you feel fit (as long as you credit me 4laugh ) and please share it with others in the community.

[center][size=20][color=#9900FF]How do you feel about Gaia?[/size][/color]
[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-bd8yDrYeKs8/U72GvHvKdWI/AAAAAAAAFEE/1YvkI8EGRDI/s1600/5862095_orig_zpsdf364f20.gif[/img]

[color=#9900FF]Take the [url=https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1pHh2u9_W2pam6GIQuajsNS6GV6MO4xkyOYN_wz97kTc/viewform]Survey[/url]! Voice your Opinion!

Or view the [url=https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1pHh2u9_W2pam6GIQuajsNS6GV6MO4xkyOYN_wz97kTc/viewanalytics?usp=form_confirm]Results[/url]![/color]
[/center]

Thank you to Atama Muhonnin!! Feel free to use this code in your signatures!!

Thank you for your time.

EDIT: DUH! Only forgot to post the link to the thing the topic is talking about emotion_facepalm http://goo.gl/forms/ZRrOMIKSYI Here it is

Also here are the results of the survey. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1pHh2u9_W2pam6GIQuajsNS6GV6MO4xkyOYN_wz97kTc/viewanalytics?usp=form_confirm

High-functioning Lunatic

10,100 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Party Animal 100
In general Gaia is good, however i feel that Gaia could devote more attention to user happiness and entertainment.

I feel that there should be more Ncp focus as well, like in the old days. people enjoy the storyline and when the focus is on the storyline and events that involve the storlyline ( unlike this last one....) people are happier and could care less about Gaias business tactics.

I guess the point i am trying to make is Gaia needs to give us more stuff to do so we dont focus so much on them and whats going on behind the scenes. confused

Nerd

Dreko Windgates
In general Gaia is good, however i feel that Gaia could devote more attention to user happiness and entertainment.

I feel that there should be more Ncp focus as well, like in the old days. people enjoy the storyline and when the focus is on the storyline and events that involve the storlyline ( unlike this last one....) people are happier and could care less about Gaias business tactics.

I guess the point i am trying to make is Gaia needs to give us more stuff to do so we dont focus so much on them and whats going on behind the scenes. confused

I agree, I do miss the NPC focus that there used to be. I love the back story and the manga, but I feel like that gets a little neglected (something to include in a newer survey that I might make idea )

I feel like when there used to be a bunch of stuff to do, people didn't really notice a lot of the behind the scenes stuff that happens on Gaia, but now that everything is cash and money focused (which not everyone has the resources to spend) there is less to do and therefore bringing more people to think about what actually goes on at HQ.

Thank you for your response. c:

Nerd

Bump because I forgot to post the link to the survey! sweatdrop Sorry about that.

Nerd

Thank you anon for your super generous gift emotion_bigheart

Fluffy Trickster

From my point of view, Gaia seems to lose feature that make people want to stay.
The social aspect are still going and so is dressing up avatar and obtaining item.
You can't get enough enjoyment with dressing up when it's hard to obtain item, so there's only social aspect to do...
Forum scared me to be honest aside for a select place like GCD, Paw and Barton Town. I don't enjoy being with people in the first place, so yeah, unfriendly environment is bad for my health. (xD)
Mini-game? they are mostly gold grinding now. Even zOMG is gone.
Event are lacking, I don't participate in them lately, for reason it has become a chore to do. It also has become pay to win or work real hard to compete with those who pay.

The reason I am here is numbered, because Gaia is the last forum I might be in, I am too old to start anything from scratch in other place and that I still rp and have invest time/effort to want to see it go to waste.

Gaia should set aside part of their profit to do non-profit feature that give people something to do.
Like a new mini-game to replace zOMG, now that it's gone.
it can be treated as incentive for people to spend more time in gaia and as a result more willing to buy item gaia sell.
not everything have to directly earn Gaia money, rather making the user happy will work well in the long run.
I can stand the constant item and sales, if only they use all those money to improve and make the site comfortable for the user.

Nerd

Sileaf
From my point of view, Gaia seems to lose feature that make people want to stay.
The social aspect are still going and so is dressing up avatar and obtaining item.
You can't get enough enjoyment with dressing up when it's hard to obtain item, so there's only social aspect to do...
Forum scared me to be honest aside for a select place like GCD, Paw and Barton Town.
Mini-game? they are mostly gold grinding now. Even zOMG is gone.
Event are lacking, I don't participate in them lately, for reason it has become a chore to do. It also has become pay to win or work real hard to compete with those who pay.

The reason I am here is numbered, because Gaia is the last forum I might be in, I am too old to start anything from scratch in other place and that I still rp and have invest time/effort to want to see it go to waste.

Gaia should set aside part of their profit to do non-profit feature that give people something to do.
Like a new mini-game to replace zOMG, now that it's gone.
it can be treated as incentive for people to spend more time in gaia and as a result more willing to buy item gaia sell.
not everything have to directly earn Gaia money, rather making the user happy will work well in the long run.
I can stand the constant item and sales, if only they use all those money to improve and make the site comfortable for the user.

Thank you for your response.

I agree, there used to be so much more to gaia then who is dressed best, but it definitely feels that way to me now. While the mini games and events do seem like they cost a fortune to even participate in, it's a quick way to try to fight inflation, though I do wish that there were more to the events like they used to be. I just don't find anything fun about them anymore.

I think with the loss of zOMG, there are going to be quite a few people quitting. Heck, I even considered quitting for good now that it's gone, but I think I'm too emotionally invested to leave permanently yet.

The sales and push for GC don't bother me like they used to. In fact, I almost completely ignore announcements now.

I also agree that I think there needs to be a push for non spending activities, whether that be GC or gold.

Nerd

Another anon gift? Thank you! emotion_bigheart The Gaian community is the main reason I love this site so much.

Fluffy Trickster

Chrissy The Hippy

I agree, there used to be so much more to gaia then who is dressed best, but it definitely feels that way to me now. While the mini games and events do seem like they cost a fortune to even participate in, it's a quick way to try to fight inflation, though I do wish that there were more to the events like they used to be. I just don't find anything fun about them anymore.

I think with the loss of zOMG, there are going to be quite a few people quitting. Heck, I even considered quitting for good now that it's gone, but I think I'm too emotionally invested to leave permanently yet.

The sales and push for GC don't bother me like they used to. In fact, I almost completely ignore announcements now.

I also agree that I think there needs to be a push for non spending activities, whether that be GC or gold.

yeah, it's sad the place's in its dark ages.
I just hope they climb back up, so I am still here for that possibility.

Some people already claimed quitting, but majority seem to still stay for various other reason.
though Gaia definitely become less engaging for them with zOMG gone.

same here, I have gotten used to the announcement bubble hovering up there.
I don't click them anymore, I just come here to GCD straight for news.

yup, it also benefit Gaia in term of having people spend more time in Gaia and make user happier if there's nearly no gold or cash needed.
Maybe boost like zOMG has can be sold for cash, but otherwise free.

Nerd

Sileaf
Chrissy The Hippy

yeah, it's sad the place's in its dark ages.
I just hope they climb back up, so I am still here for that possibility.

Some people already claimed quitting, but majority seem to still stay for various other reason.
though Gaia definitely become less engaging for them with zOMG gone.

same here, I have gotten used to the announcement bubble hovering up there.
I don't click them anymore, I just come here to GCD straight for news.

yup, it also benefit Gaia in term of having people spend more time in Gaia and make user happier if there's nearly no gold or cash needed.
Maybe boost like zOMG has can be sold for cash, but otherwise free.

I love gaia too much to ever leave. All I can do is do my best in trying to help the administration see what we feel and at the same time, support the website but in the aspects that I feel need the support.

Nerd

Anons, you all are so kind. emotion_bigheart

Fluffy Trickster

Chrissy The Hippy

I love gaia too much to ever leave. All I can do is do my best in trying to help the administration see what we feel and at the same time, support the website but in the aspects that I feel need the support.

good luck in your effort C:

Nerd

Sileaf
Chrissy The Hippy

good luck in your effort C:

Thank you! c:

Ailurophilic Lolita

This survey is the kind of survey I want the Gaia staff to actually conduct. Reading the messages at the end were quite depressing though. So much pessimism~! I can't blame those people though. With the way Gaia is right now, it's hard to get the items you want without spending real life cash. And Gaia feels outdated too. Too little updates on the site features that got us users to like and stay on Gaia in the first place.

Regarding suggestions on other surveys, you may want to ask users what site features they want updated the most, like the MP, inventory, gold shops, etc. Who knows, some random staff member might see your survey and finally be enlightened on what users really want them to focus on, besides generating profit.

shruikan's Significant Otter

Man-Hungry Shapeshifter

24,990 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Hiss of Love 200
I'm... Oddly okay with things. Admittedly, I wish they would slow down on these mini-RIG releases and stop barraging us with so many announcements.

But for good or ill, I'm sticking to Gaia. I put too much time and effort into my account to simply give up on it if things get rocky.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff