Welcome to Gaia! ::

Asura the Demon's Husband

Shameless Ladykiller

10,700 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Person of Interest 200
There's this close friend of mine who thinks it's okay to bash on other people's self-esteem by calling them ugly, and that they don't do their hair, and that it's ugly, or that the said person doesn't do enough to look good.

The thing is, the girl doesn't understand that other people struggle with body image, too.

Not sure how to tell her, because she keeps telling me how she's uncomfortable in her own body, DESPITE her many attempts at showing herself in pictures, calling herself cute, etc. etc.

Much help needed.

P.S.
One of those people is me.
Yes.

Ruthless Guardian

Drop that ******** like a rock. Anyone who claims to have issues with their own body shouldn't be using insulting others to make themselves feel better. No one has any right to ever bash someone for their body.

Shameless Ladykiller

10,700 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Person of Interest 200
SilentHillSweetheart
Drop that ******** like a rock. Anyone who claims to have issues with their own body shouldn't be using insulting others to make themselves feel better. No one has any right to ever bash someone for their body.

But she's gotten so close to me, and I'd feel bad to have to do that. Plus, she'd get right back at me. She knows how to ******** with people.

Is there a way I can approach her? So that I'm assertive?

Ruthless Guardian

Awkzenn

But she's gotten so close to me, and I'd feel bad to have to do that. Plus, she'd get right back at me. She knows how to ******** with people.

Just be up front but genuine about it.

Like "Hey, I get that you struggle with your own body and that's got to be rough, but how would you feel if someone said what you just said about her/him?
What if they have the same issues you do?
Try to make her a little more emphatic towards someone other than herself.

Shameless Ladykiller

10,700 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Person of Interest 200
SilentHillSweetheart
Awkzenn

Just be up front but genuine about it.

Like "Hey, I get that you struggle with your own body and that's got to be rough, but how would you feel if someone said what you just said about her/him?
What if they have the same issues you do?
Try to make her a little more emphatic towards someone other than herself.

I see how that makes sense.
But what if she fires back?

Demonic Businesswoman

She's telling you she's uncomfortable cause she wants you to tell her she has no reason to be.
It's called ignorant attention seeking and the only way she will learn is over time, once more people realise her true colours.

& Also she'd get right back at me/knows how to ******** with people - tbh she doesn't sound like a very nice person over all so gonk

Shameless Ladykiller

10,700 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Person of Interest 200
JaemieMonroe
She's telling you she's uncomfortable cause she wants you to tell her she has no reason to be.
It's called ignorant attention seeking and the only way she will learn is over time, once more people realise her true colours.

& Also she'd get right back at me/knows how to ******** with people - tbh she doesn't sound like a very nice person over all so gonk

I /do/ tell her. My other close friend complains to me as well that she does the same thing. I wrote her two pages worth of notes explaining that she shouldn't be ashamed, and that other people would want to be in her situation (she's /really/ skinny; not anorexic skinny but really fit) and it's just sejz,mf.
The thing is that people already know her as a b***h, since she's kinda too exuberant/flamboyant.

I dunno how to handle her without having to push her away.

Ruthless Guardian

Awkzenn

The more you say about her, the more toxic she sounds.
I feel like it'd be best for you to phase her out of your life. A friend worth keeping doesn't blackmail you.

Alex's Senpai

Magical Girl

14,225 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Clambake 200
Call her ugly, then she'll see how it feels

Kawaii Shoujo

Awkzenn
There's this close friend of mine who thinks it's okay to bash on other people's self-esteem by calling them ugly, and that they don't do their hair, and that it's ugly, or that the said person doesn't do enough to look good.

The thing is, the girl doesn't understand that other people struggle with body image, too.

Not sure how to tell her, because she keeps telling me how she's uncomfortable in her own body, DESPITE her many attempts at showing herself in pictures, calling herself cute, etc. etc.

Much help needed.

P.S.
Yes.

User Image

User Image

I once had a friend like that... She hated on other cute girls... some complexes she had...
AND one day she called a chubby girl FAT... well I kind of have that issue with curves and in school boys used to bully me... so I turned around slapped her in the face and said " ******** YOU b***h"
Never spoke again... NOT EVEN SORRY!!!

User Image

User Image

Shameless Ladykiller

10,700 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Person of Interest 200
SilentHillSweetheart
Awkzenn

The more you say about her, the more toxic she sounds.
I feel like it'd be best for you to phase her out of your life. A friend worth keeping doesn't blackmail you.

I'm gonna try to do what you said.
Thank you.
I'll see how everything goes, I might post an update later.

Shameless Ladykiller

10,700 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Person of Interest 200
Beers and Weirs

She'd call me ugly right back, hoooooly s**t.
It doesn't bother me, because I know who I am, but to hear it from /her/ is highly disappointing.

Unbeatable Sex Symbol

14,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Streaker 200
Awkzenn

Much help needed.

P.S.
Yes.

Tell her that looks can't be ugly. Only personalities.

Tipsy Capitalist

10,025 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Carl 200
I just call everyone gorgeous or beautiful no matter what.

Alex's Senpai

Magical Girl

14,225 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Clambake 200
Awkzenn
Beers and Weirs

She'd call me ugly right back, hoooooly s**t.
It doesn't bother me, because I know who I am, but to hear it from /her/ is highly disappointing.

Smack a b***h.
She's rude as ********.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas