Welcome to Gaia! ::

Update 11/24: We finally got an update, although a begrudging one, in the latest ATS. It is in the last paragraph of the first post. They claim they have removed the amulet and that zero were won in the Daily Chance . . .

Quote:
The Amulet was removed from Daily Chance due to user feedback. No additional Amulets were won when it was in Daily Chance. We will be reviewing what we should do with the Amulet.

I like the little dig on how it was removed do to users complaining not because they felt they should honor their word.

This appears to be as good as it is going to get for those of us who have brought up this issue. It doesn't appear they are even willing to directly acknowledge they messed up, but at least we got some action with the amulet being pulled from the DC.

Thank you to everyone that stopped in the thread and kept it alive.

---

When I initially started this topic it was on what should have been a simple fix. Gaia was once again going back on their word when it came to item re-releases. This is nothing new; yet, I felt the need to point it out because there was no way to dance around this particular item release. The announcement for the Bloodstone Amulet was and always has been crystal clear.

Quote:
The Bloodstone Amulet is a limited edition collector's item: Only 5000 of this item will ever be released.

There is no fine print or amendments to this statement. There is no way for a person to be confused about what the announcement really meant. It didn't even leave the door open for giveaways since the print very clearly states that only 5,000 will ever be released. At the time a number of staffers heavily involved in zOMG made a point to use their own money to purchase some so they could hold giveaways for the users who couldn't afford the cash or gold price to get their own. All 5,000 sold out quickly, and that should have been the end of that.

This statement was made long before the limited edition days of today where limited really only means limited for the first six months.

I suppose the eternally hopeful part of me thought once Gaia saw they had made such a blaring mistake they would fix it. Nope. Even after being alerted to the issue the response has been nothing short of nothing. No one can even bother to give a forced excuse to the decision.

What really makes it all stand out to me however is that in the ATS, the same one that ignored all questions about the Amulet, a staffer had the gall to state that the tier exclusive items are really exclusive. That somehow, even though they have given us countless empty promises about items in the past, this time their word is magically different and really for real.

I'm so disgusted in this site right now. I feel like I am watching yet another politician lie remorselessly, and with no attempts to even hide the fact they are willing to lie to get ahead with their perceived target audience.

This shouldn't even be an issue. You can't tell me the only way Gaia can exist is to lie about items being limited or exclusive when they are not. You can't tell me that this site needs to be so deceitful to stay afloat you can't even be held to your word.

In the past couple years this place has become a joke. Your word used to mean something but you have whittled it away to nothing.

I know I should have left years ago, but that same eternally hopeful part of me kept thinking you would pull your heads out the ditch. I've been here since 2004, and of all the things I never would have guessed it would be the constant lies and double speak that would finally drive me from this place.

Well, at least you don't have to worry about me bugging you for mantis items anymore.

User Image

Strawberrei's Kouhai

Shirtless Sex Symbol

19,800 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
I wouldn't be surprised if that old announcement mysteriously vanishes or gets edited within the next 24 hours.

Beloved Fairy

34,050 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
I suppose I don't find it a stab in the back because ZOMG no longer exists, so the item's purpose has changed to begin with. Things aren't as limited anymore (see: all discussions about monthly collectibles...), but I don't see why this one in particular needed to stay limited. Might as well take it like a tribute, since the game's gone now, and now maybe others who also loved the game will have the opportunity to have this little piece of it as well.

Bitchboots's Prince

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

There's nothing about the item that is especially attractive. It is bulky and it was treasured as a symbol of support for zOMG. Not something that needed to be given to every user in the DC.

zOMG supporters could have at least been left with the tiniest shred of dignity and gratitude for all that our wallets have done for the site.

Familiar Lunatic

Not sure giving this out is good idea. It's a symbol first, an item second.

At worse, since nothing is sacred in corporate Gaia, sell it off at original Halo price :U

Sweet Witch

Yeah, I'm kinda pissed about this as well. Yes the access it came with for zOMG is gone, but it still was a limited item that we spent cash on, so to make it available for free just doesn't make sense to me.

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100
yeah, I was kinda disappointed about this. I got one when they originally came out too. emo

I suppose that this item will fall under LQI policy be default rolleyes
Knight of Britannia
I suppose I don't find it a stab in the back because ZOMG no longer exists, so the item's purpose has changed to begin with. Things aren't as limited anymore (see: all discussions about monthly collectibles...), but I don't see why this one in particular needed to stay limited. Might as well take it like a tribute, since the game's gone now, and now maybe others who also loved the game will have the opportunity to have this little piece of it as well.
Initially it was released under the pretext that it would prove there were users willing to spend on zOMG. It was suppose to insure future updates and development in the game. They put up 5k and it quickly sold out. Shortly, after Deadman's Shadow was released however all devs were either moved or systematically fired until there was no one left. zOMG was then put in its permanent hibernation until they killed it.

Simply unsoulbinding it would have insured it didn't die out as an item. It isn't as if it is a must have equippable. For most of us it is sentimental in value. I suppose we should be thankful at least they didn't try to profit off them again in the cs. rolleyes

Gaia claims they still have permanent exclusives. The original tier times are never every suppose to be seen again ever. Of course I don't think anyone believes them, but the amulet came out when Gaia still valued its own word.

A Hoarder

21,525 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Absolutely nothing is sacred...

Strawberrei's Kouhai

Shirtless Sex Symbol

19,800 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
Krissim Klaw

Gaia claims they still have permanent exclusives. The original tier times are never every suppose to be seen again ever. Of course I don't think anyone believes them, but the amulet came out when Gaia still valued its own word.

I think the fact that nobody actually believes Gaia will keep their word on the tiered exclusives that will "never be sold again" will give Gaia justification enough to resell them rofl . It's a really messed up system. Gaia says one thing, nobody believes them due to their track record, Gaia doesn't follow through, and we all expect it. Gaia, get some class. No wonder there were so many people who didn't believe Gaia's excuse for closing zOMG in the first place. Gaia lies all the time, and I wouldn't trust a liar under any circumstances.
Zandy

I think the fact that nobody actually believes Gaia will keep their word on the tiered exclusives that will "never be sold again" will give Gaia justification enough to resell them rofl . It's a really messed up system. Gaia says one thing, nobody believes them due to their track record, Gaia doesn't follow through, and we all expect it. Gaia, get some class. No wonder there were so many people who didn't believe Gaia's excuse for closing zOMG in the first place. Gaia lies all the time, and I wouldn't trust a liar under any circumstances.
I think part of the reason they started claiming they have true limited items again is because they discovered they could get away with changing the hue of an item by one or two pixels and claiming it is a recolor.

Beloved Fairy

34,050 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
Krissim Klaw
Knight of Britannia
Initially it was released under the pretext that it would prove there were users willing to spend on zOMG. It was suppose to insure future updates and development in the game. They put up 5k and it quickly sold out. Shortly, after Deadman's Shadow was released however all devs were either moved or systematically fired until there was no one left. zOMG was then put in its permanent hibernation until they killed it.

Simply unsoulbinding it would have insured it didn't die out as an item. It isn't as if it is a must have equippable. For most of us it is sentimental in value. I suppose we should be thankful at least they didn't try to profit off them again in the cs. rolleyes

Yeah, if they had sold them again, I can see the pitchforks and fires in the distance... But I understand. I do wonder, are there any real exclusive items left? I don't necessarily agree with the practice of super exclusives to begin with, but those items do mean something for people. I felt like with the re-release of the halo, that things would take this turn no matter what.

Springtime Werewolf

the thing is, if gaia keeps selling off what are supposed to be exclusives, it scares people off from investing in exclusives and also trusting gaia's word (though i'd be impressed if anyone trusts gaia, regardless of other feelings about site conduct).

no one wants to buy a pricey item only to have it sold on a sale shortly afterward. it ruins customer trust and also cheapens sentimental value. for going so hard to become a business rather than a community, gaia sure doesn't seem to know how to run a business. confused

Demonic Abomination

40,775 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Battle: Level 10 250

I'm not happy about them just throwing it into the DC.

Salt in the wounds.

OG GO

What's even the purpose of re-releasing them? If zOMG was still around, they'd still be limited anyway..

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff