Welcome to Gaia! ::

kitti kat

they're rhode island reds, they're great layers and when they start laying they have a lot of double-yolkers (more than any other type of chicken, I'm told)

I get migraines so having a rooster outside crowing is not gonna happen. My husband bought our three on a whim (it was a good deal I suppose), knowing I wouldn't be too happy about it (I really hate roosters) but they were babies and just now getting to be a good size to eat, still tender

The ducks we have are muscovys, they big and meaty and delicious! emotion_drool
and they don't really quack, they kinda hiss, so thats a bonus for me too ^.^

Oh cool, my mom used to have Rhode Island Reds when my brother and I were growing up. Good birds. Oh yeah, getting migraines and having rooster's are not a good combo. My day starts really early, so I normally am feeding them by the time they getting up so there is no point in them making all that racket. Even then, it doesn't really bother me, just another sound around here I suppose, haha.

Oooo, I love ducks. Yesterday I took an extra look at some space that is near our chicken coop/their roaming area and I'm thinking I may bug my husband into making another coop sometime next year. Could probably make it around the same size for the ducks that the chickens have. What type of set up do you have for your's? Do they free-roam? Mine don't, although they have a yard to roam, they have fencing to keep them safe since we are so rural.
Latrans
This is probably unwelcome, but please consider the number of bully type dogs euthanized in shelters in the US every year before breeding pet/mutt/cross dogs that don't have a purpose beyond great family pet. Please. Your dogs will still be the wonderful, perfect companions they are without reproducing.

Enduring Browser

9,750 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
Gummy Bears and Sunshine
Latrans
This is probably unwelcome, but please consider the number of bully type dogs euthanized in shelters in the US every year before breeding pet/mutt/cross dogs that don't have a purpose beyond great family pet. Please. Your dogs will still be the wonderful, perfect companions they are without reproducing.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff