Welcome to Gaia! ::

Feline Elder

xx I met my fate xx
I organize my items by type. It would be swanky if there was a button to organize by type or tag such as "EI, MC, CI, Gold shop, etc."

Even just organizing by tag could work since most MCs are tagged MC, most ei's are tagged as such etc. I could do the rest manually.

OH and when are the changes going live? I can't wait to get started!

^^THIS^^

Fallen Gaian

30,350 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
I have a lot of items in my arranger a lot more than 600 so I really hope it won't delete them all sorts of dif items including house items

ed s ed's Wife

Invisible Giver

17,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
Bee Movie Suit

-Will it still be Shift and Ctrl functional to be able to select multiple items at once?

asdjmnr;eavng;aejrg!! Would you believe, that after all this time, I had no idea we could do this.
I've been here since '06 and I didn't know we could select more than 1 item. o-o"
I've spent hours trying to organize- one. item. at. a . time. >>
I mean, it was easy enough if I 'put away' items shortly after getting them, but when you suddenly have a full new page of items it becomes impossible to do it that way.
Thank you for posting this. For the time being- I can manage a bit better with that decrepit arranger.

Bats R Us's Waifu

Tiny Star

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
      I'm curious about item stacks.

What if in the main inventory page, even if you aren't equipping an item,
      the item doesn't stack. Like this:
      User Image
      What will that mean when you select the items to be organized together,
      and they are in separate parts of the page? Would we need to find them?
      Or will these stacking issues be fixed?

Also what if we want to keep the items unstacked? Would we be able
      to break a stack of items into different piles so we can move them
      to a different pages?

Lol, whatever happens, I'm just excited to see the new arranger! :D

Tiny Nerd

18,950 Points
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • Magical Gems 500
Id like buttons that let me auto organize stuff by color, alphabetically, or by item tags. Would make finding stuff easier.

Impassioned Misfit

Sooooo... It really hadn't been coming? The company line has been a vague "we're working on it" for YEARS, but it was actually out of production for "a while"? Why didn't you just tell us this? I'm not surprised you lied again, but jesus christ. Come on. How many times do you need it illustrated that transparency is the best policy?

AAAAAAAANYWAY... This is actually pretty nice. I think it's a good idea to start out with the basics so people can get and use it much more quickly and you can update with suggestions based on direct immediate feedback.

Something I'd like for general inventory stuff is the ability to not reload the page every single time you use an item in the special tab. Best solution would being able to open many at a time like you do with gold gens, but please meet me halfway on this. So much time would be saved opening caches and grab bags and other RIGs if you did this.

Also, please make a tab for Paws items!

Amorous Receiver

27,215 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Supreme Supporter 500
no limit to the storage locker as I have 9 pages of main inventory not including the subset pages (zomg, formulas, etc. )also will it stop that annoying splitting? 6 caches on page 1 and 12 of the same type on page 2 , 3 of same type on page 3..

why can't they just be in the same pile and same page. also keyword finding an item if you don't remember the exact name would be awesome! i.e. to type in bunny and anything bunny, bunnie, bunneh or rabbit like would appear.

Sparkly Cupcake

So glad to see this happening! I always sort by color and this will make it easier and sorted for sure.

Feral Smoker

Sellesion
Bee Movie Suit

-Will it still be Shift and Ctrl functional to be able to select multiple items at once?

asdjmnr;eavng;aejrg!! Would you believe, that after all this time, I had no idea we could do this.
I've been here since '06 and I didn't know we could select more than 1 item. o-o"
I mean, it was easy enough if I 'put away' items shortly after getting them, but when you suddenly have a full new page of items it becomes impossible to do it that way.
Thank you for posting this. For the time being- I can manage a bit better with that decrepit arranger.

User Image

Seriously? I have been here for too many years to not know this. gonk If I knew this a couple of years ago I bet my inventory wouldn't be a complete disaster to look at.

User Image

Big Trash

35,140 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Marathon 300
Will the capacity for the storage locker really only be 600?

I keep THOUSANDS of items in my storage and that is not an exaggeration.
I don't like the idea of limited space in your storage feature.

Big Trash

35,140 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Marathon 300
angelkynd1_uzumaki-san
no limit to the storage locker as I have 9 pages of main inventory not including the subset pages (zomg, formulas, etc. )also will it stop that annoying splitting? 6 caches on page 1 and 12 of the same type on page 2 , 3 of same type on page 3..

why can't they just be in the same pile and same page. also keyword finding an item if you don't remember the exact name would be awesome! i.e. to type in bunny and anything bunny, bunnie, bunneh or rabbit like would appear.

While I agree with the idea to leave the storage unlimited, I think your other ideas are a bit much to ask.

The only reason it splits your pages with caches is because your inventory only holds so much on one page and when you buy thousands of caches, it doesn't change the amount the inventory its self holds. So, as you open the bundles or whatever, you are still technically filling your inventory, they are just condensing them to each page as needed.

Also, your search words are the same tags of the items used on the market place. The only way that would be possible would be to add new tags to ALL items on GAIA. You can find items easier by instead of searching, BUNNY, search bunny* <--- That asterisk looks for all items with bunny as their tag. While without the asterisk it searches for all items with the WORD bunny in the name.

I hope this helps a bit.

Big Trash

35,140 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Marathon 300
drool ghoul
Sellesion
Bee Movie Suit

User Image

Seriously? I have been here for too many years to not know this. gonk If I knew this a couple of years ago I bet my inventory wouldn't be a complete disaster to look at.

User Image

Well, this is awkward...

Harlot says:

Don't feel bad, I have been on gaia for nearly 11 years now and didn't even know you could do that until I few months ago. I was soooo mad when I found out.

Can I go now?

Amorous Receiver

27,215 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Supreme Supporter 500
l-l a r l o t
angelkynd1_uzumaki-san

While I agree with the idea to leave the storage unlimited, I think your other ideas are a bit much to ask.

The only reason it splits your pages with caches is because your inventory only holds so much on one page and when you buy thousands of caches, it doesn't change the amount the inventory its self holds. So, as you open the bundles or whatever, you are still technically filling your inventory, they are just condensing them to each page as needed.

Also, your search words are the same tags of the items used on the market place. The only way that would be possible would be to add new tags to ALL items on GAIA. You can find items easier by instead of searching, BUNNY, search bunny* <--- That asterisk looks for all items with bunny as their tag. While without the asterisk it searches for all items with the WORD bunny in the name.

I hope this helps a bit.
but the problem is they are only a few items per page on the specials section. not hundreds and not even tens....it started doing this a few months ago when they started tinkering with the inventory arranger...

Codebreaking Gawker

14,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
What about a option to organize by colour?

Big Trash

35,140 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Marathon 300
angelkynd1_uzumaki-san

I think it's just a visual glitch, because it would say the same thing on mine, but I am sure they are shifting from page to page as you open them. O U O. I would say your best bet would be, don't hoard so many caches. Buy a few, open them and then buy more? It will keep your pages from splitting.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff