Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

It was a beautiful day as Aysun lay lazily within the small rowboat on the docks. Her face turned lazily toward the sun as the seagulls cawed and the water's waves crashed up on the shores in a lulling fashion. This was the life, this was bliss. She had came out her to relax a bit after a busy day, and found herself instead drifting off into day dreams. One being her meeting her prince charming and riding off into the sunset together on a white horse.

Her dreams were interrupted by the soft footsteps followed by the heavy clank of a cane with each step. Soon a shadow came over her face along with a sagely male voice, "Asleep again, Aysun, and skirting on your chores?"

Aysun cracked a smile as she opened one of her lazy blue eyes and looked up at the old man who stooped over her with his hand behind his back and a wicked grin on his face. "Just catching a few zzz's" she said with a stretch and a yawn, "It was such a peaceful spot I thought I might just lay down for a moment and low and behold the moment caught up to me and I was pulled into the land of whimsical and lore!" she said with a chuckle as she sat up and looked at the man directly.

"Indeed, child. Come along, the chores won't finish themselves, and I hear there is supposed to be a rather nasty storm coming this way." The old man tutted as he helped Aysun step from the boat to the docks. Brushing her red hair from her face she smiled and followed after the old man back toward the village where she'd grown up. A storm was coming, eh? Well the old man knew best, that's why he was her grandfather after all.

There was a saying he used to tell her when she was still young, "Journeys end in lovers meeting."

For some reason today that quote came to mind as she went about her daily chores. The impending storm brewing in the distance.
Pretty much bored, so I thought I'd start another random walk-in style RP. There isn't really a specific 'setting' at this time, but please at least start in the same area as everyone else (aka read). There isn't a set plot at this time either. I do have a few rules to follow. Those who break them will be banned and posts deleted. Thanks.

RULES

1. Please use complete sentences with proper grammar. I don't want to see asterisks for actions or anything like that. We are writing a 'story' so this should seem like you're just opening and book and going at it.

2. No one liners. We need something to work off of, but please don't give us a novel either. When writing use font that is readable size and color wise.

3. No profiles needed just jump right in, but do provide a name for your character. Please no page stretchers for pictures and such. Make them smaller or link them if they are gigantic.

4. Be creative and have fun, but follow all TOS for the site. No quote towers please.

5. No godmoding or killing of other people's characters. If you wish to kill someone please consult the user first. Also in regards to magic and such please be responsible. If you are going to be all powerful and cannot die I will use MY GM powers and kill you off.

6. In the event your character does meet an untimely death (unless you are banned) you may create another character. If you have multiple characters please no more than 3 and keep track of them!

7. Rules subject to add or change

8. Please try not to ignore people, and be patient!
((Reserved))
User Image

The village was lively as everyone went about their normal routine. However there was a buzz in the air. An excitement as the feel of the storm grew closer and closer. Already the sky was starting to turn an ashen color and the waves were lapping furiously at the shore of the beach. Storms were known to happen around here, especially this time of year, but there was something different about this storm.

Aysun finished bringing in the vegetables from the garden as she watched her grandpa. He was nervously pacing up and down near the kitchen window that overlooked the waters, "A nasty storm, dear. I dare say that big things are coming. This could be the big one!"

"Not that story again grandpa. That was years ago and there aren't any gods that cause great storms to wipe out our people for a fresh start"

"There are things in this world you have never seen, child. Perhaps one day you will" he said meeting her gaze almost cryptically. Aysun sighed again as she began to wash the fresh pulled veggies. It was then that the rain began, followed soon by thunder.

"It was a storm like this that took ma and pa" she mused at length as she watched the rain fall from the safety of her home. Her grandpa sat on the outside porch in his rocker smoking a pipe, "indeed..." he looked out at the docks a moment in thought, "Child, go see what's caught out there on the lines."

"Grandpa! It's raining!"

"It could be a child! My old bones are too weak to help so you go, go on" he ushered her. Aysun sighed as she grabbed a poncho and hurried out to see. Getting into her small row boat she reached out to the line, and there appeared to be something tangled in it. As she reached to try and untangle it, there was a swell in the waves and a giant gust of wind. Suddenly CRASH a giant wave came out of nowhere and overtook the shore, taking her unsuspectingly with it.

As the wave hit, she lost consciousness. Somehow, she survived and awoke to feel the warm light upon her face. When she sat up, she was in her little wooden boat, alone, and drenched from head to toe, but alive. However, she wasn't anywhere near her home anymore. REally, she didn't know where she was!

Looking around, all she saw was water for miles and miles in any direction, "w..what?! Help!" she called out hoarsely.
User Image

Adrift with no water or food, she wondered if she was going to be found by anyone. She didn't even know if there was any land nearby that she might row or drift to. The sun was warm and only amplified by the mass of water around her. Every time she tried to piece things together her head only started to hurt. Had she simply been dreaming?

"Journeys end..." she said softly with a sigh, "If there's anyone out there! Please find me!" she shouted with the last of her strength as she collapsed back into the boat and fell into a heat induced sleep.

Fashionable Shapeshifter

9,650 Points
  • Kuro Gang 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conventioneer 300
User Image

The sun beamed on the ocean as it gleamed from it's vast and powerful rays. Clouds littered the sky like fine dust above an island, far off to the east of Aysun. The wind blows gently across the shore to the land of which was unknown. As the clouds moved past the island and let the sun reach the atmosphere below, a young wisp of a girl walked out onto a nearby cliff close to the shoreline.
Luna took a seat upon the fresh green ground, pulling her knees closer to her body as she rested. Gazing out at the sun rising away from the horizon, a single tear shed from her eye. A troubled look on her face while she concentrated in deep thought. The wind shifted and blew out towards the vast ocean.

"Why does it have to be like this?" Luna exhaled the words. "Why must this world be so fixed...written in stone; so...controlled..." She added.

Luna noticed something obstructing the horizon and began to fix her focus. Wondering what was causing such obstruction. Unable to see clearly she stood and advanced her position further towards the shoreline. Hoping this change in perspective would help find out what exactly was out there on the water.
User Image

While she slept, certain that she was simply going to die, her mind replayed fragmented images of the events leading up to her being stranded in the waters. Her body felt both warm and cold at the same time as she simply ran into the darkness. I want to go home she thought to herself glumly.

All the while her boat continued to drift aimlessly until the island came into view. Slowly the current pulled her toward the island until the boat drifted ashore with the unconscious Aysun aboard. As if her body didn't want her to die just yet, her mind jumped started her back to reality with a nasty jolt of pain.

Was it hunger? Or thirst? Or simply fear?

With a soft groan and dry cough, her eyes slowly blinked to life as she tried to figure out where she was now. Carefully sitting up, she barely had the strength to do that, she looked around confused. Now she was on a beach? "w..where am I?" she said weakly trying to crawl from the boat, but simply unable to do so. It was all she had to stay conscious at this point.

Fashionable Shapeshifter

9,650 Points
  • Kuro Gang 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conventioneer 300
User Image

Waiting on the beach, Luna watched as the obstruction came into view. It took quite some time to get close to shore but a forceful wind sent the drifting boat further and further away from her. She waited until the boat ran aground to approach it, nothing had ever came in from these waters so Luna approached with caution. The wind whipped her hair around as she traversed the shoreline, waves gently rolled to and fro.

"An abandoned boat? who's might it be?" Luna pondered as she walked lightly across the warm sandy beach.

Luna quickened her pace when she noticed movement from the boat. Thankful that whomever was in the vessel was still alive, but still frightened about who exactly was inside. She then gasped at the sight of a woman struggling to get out from the vessel, disregarding all caution Luna rushed to help the woman from the boat.

"My gosh are you okay. What in the world are you doing traversing such deadly seas? especially on your own." Luna exclaimed as she heaved Aysun from the boat.
User Image

A voice was heard as she groggily was lifted from the boat and assisted to a shaky stand. The person was energetic, or Aysun was just so weak, "t..traveling? lost...I don't...where am I...how..." her legs began to give out again but she caught herself last minute, "I'm okay, just thirsty and very hungry. I don't know how long I've been out there" she nodded toward the waters with no idea where she was, "please, where am I?" she began to slowly get her senses back as the memory of the large tidal wave came fresh to her mind, "My village! My gradfather! I have to go save them, send help I" dizziness again as she fell to her knees, "They're all gone" she said as she began to sob. This was way to much for her right now.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Gabriel watched from the rocks as the strange human was helped onto shore by another. He stared intently at violet eyed girl. Yup. Definitely seen her before. He had stumbled across the boat hours ago, and had pushed it to shore from underneath. The whole time it nagged him...where had he seen her before? he rarely came up to the surface, and never went near islands. In fact, he shouldn't be this close now. What would Triton say? he could imagine the headache waiting for him when he returned to the cove.

But...for now...he watched.

Fashionable Shapeshifter

9,650 Points
  • Kuro Gang 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conventioneer 300
User Image

Luna looked at the woman confused "What village are you from? Is it close by?" She questioned as she held the frail woman. "Was there anyone else out there with you?" Luna continued to prod for information, since this was all just as overwhelming for her.

Now standing next to her, she sat down. Gazing at Aysun waiting for a reply, she couldn't help but realize how much they both resembled each other. The only difference she spotted was the color of their eyes and hair.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff