Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image; Store Price: 599 Gaia Cash
User Image; Store Price: 599 Gaia Cash

BOTH ITEMS ARE INCLUDED IN THIS:
User Image; Store Price: 999 Gaia Cash

Those items are not worth $5.99USD if you are going to put them in a bundle with other items like this. You are advertising this as a BUNDLE, which means that the price is supposed to be "bulk price" for all inclusive items. You're basically not charging for the other 4 items in there. That means that the "bundle" price is not $5.99USD(x2) FOR BOTH SINGLE-PURCHASABLE ITEMS.

This is NOT a better deal. These are deceptive price points, and the same s**t you did back at the sale where you had the 2003 Halo at $1000USD and this bundle at the same price. It means that the single item is not valued at the price you put it at by your business.

I am just letting you know, the FTC is going to have a heyday with you if this is the crap you're going to pull for your Black Friday "sale".

Kindly knock it off.

Anxious Punk

I always thought the prices were rather fishy, one day the items started to go up in price for no reason. I think it would be fair to price the items so when putting them into a bundle, it would add up properly.
          Gaia needs to get it's act together.
A) It's their product. They get to price it at whatever they choose. Pricing is not deceptive advertising.

B) Just because as a bundle it's got significantly more value doesn't mean that they're not allowed to price the individual items differently.

C) The FTC is going to have a hay day on a website selling their own virtual items at different prices if they're bundled or not? Really? Just... no. Just no
x-Garethp-x
A) It's their product. They get to price it at whatever they choose. Pricing is not deceptive advertising.

B) Just because as a bundle it's got significantly more value doesn't mean that they're not allowed to price the individual items differently.

C) The FTC is going to have a hay day on a website selling their own virtual items at different prices if they're bundled or not? Really? Just... no. Just no

It's deceptive advertising. These two items are brand new, priced at $5.99USD out the gate and bundled with four other items $1USD less with 4 more items.

It's the same thing that JCPenny and Hobby Lobby have gotten in trouble before because it's not really a "sale" if the items are not valued at that price.
I have a tissue
x-Garethp-x

It's deceptive advertising. These two items are brand new, priced at $5.99USD and bundled with four other items $1USD less with 4 more items.

It's the same thing that JCPenny and Hobby Lobby have gotten in trouble before because it's not really a "sale" if the items are not valued at that price.

Can't really comment on JCPenny, seeing as how I don't know what the hell you're talking about, but are you sure they got in trouble for making a bundle of items cheaper and not, say, jacking up the prices of an item and then "discounting" them to their original price?
x-Garethp-x
I have a tissue
x-Garethp-x

It's deceptive advertising. These two items are brand new, priced at $5.99USD and bundled with four other items $1USD less with 4 more items.

Can't really comment on JCPenny, seeing as how I don't know what the hell you're talking about, but are you sure they got in trouble for making a bundle of items cheaper and not, say, jacking up the prices of an item and then "discounting" them to their original price?

You mean price gouging on the single purchasable items to make the bundles look like an irresistible buy? Yeah, that's illegal. You might want to go look it up.
I have a tissue
x-Garethp-x
I have a tissue
x-Garethp-x

You mean price gouging on the single purchasable items to make the bundles look like an irresistible buy? Yeah, that's illegal. You might want to go look it up.

For it to be illegal you'd have to prove that either A) The business had the price lower for the item to be begin with (Meaning that those items individually would have to have been less than 599 before, and regularly) or that you're showing an incredibly mark up on the RRP. In this case, since Gaia sets the RRP, that's not really an option

However, I'm always willing to admit I'm wrong. If I am, please point me in the appropriate direction

Strawberrei's Kouhai

Shirtless Sex Symbol

19,800 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
Yeah, shouldn't the individual releases both be less than 499GC? The problem is not so much the price of the bundle, but the price of the individual releases. Usually when Gaia releases individual items and a bundle containing them, the sum of the prices of the individual items are less than or equal to the price of the bundle, while the difference in price is made up with the value of the exclusive/additional items.
x-Garethp-x
I have a tissue
x-Garethp-x
I have a tissue
x-Garethp-x

For it to be illegal you'd have to prove that either A) The business had the price lower for the item to be begin with (Meaning that those items individually would have to have been less than 599 before, and regularly) or that you're showing an incredibly mark up on the RRP. In this case, since Gaia sets the RRP, that's not really an option

However, I'm always willing to admit I'm wrong. If I am, please point me in the appropriate direction

The prices are right there. As I said, the bundle is a mash of all sorts of items, including the two that are priced at singles almost 400GC more (on average; 5 items in the bundle, 199-ish per item average).

The Unicorn is also from Club Verge, and if I remember right, that was at least $10 on its own. It would make sense that if the item outlived exclusiveness that it wouldn't be $10USD any more, but it's not like they are posing this as "Buy these two items, get $1USD off and 3 items and a 4th exclusive free!"

This is what Penny's ran into.
And this.
Zandy
Yeah, shouldn't the individual releases both be less than 499GC? The problem is not so much the price of the bundle, but the price of the individual releases. Usually when Gaia releases individual items and a bundle containing them, the sum of the prices of the individual items are less than or equal to the price of the bundle, while the difference in price is made up with the value of the exclusive/additional items.

This would make more sense, yes. It doesn't the way they have them set up. The individual singles are not 599GC any more with the way they are putting them into the bundle with 999GC as the "bulk" price.

Anxious Gekko

rolleyes Gaia money hungry idiots. In my opinion their "sales" are just like the sales/clearance prices at the Shopko in my town.

Divine Muse

Invisible Diamond

this and someone needs to look into the fact if anyone really is winning the 10000gc

Adored Pirate

16,050 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
I suppose it's proof that Gaia's economic logic is down the drain even further
Just don't bother buying any gaia cash. They don't care enough about the site so why bother giving them your money in the first place.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff