Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Man-Lover

after zOMG! was down. I never got to play it, so I have no memories of the game.

I'd like anyone who played zOMG! to write about their favorite memories, about who they met, what they did - just your most precious memories of the game.

It seemed to be adored by a lot of people and I'd like to read through nice memories of it, see screenshots, etc. to see what it was about and why it was loved so much and such a large part of Gaia~ heart

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
I'll miss the spank smeb crews and laughing at friends when they would get stuck on walls and laugh at myself when I got stuck as well. Badging in Otami was fun too and I loved helping new players out. It was just a fun community to be around.

Snowy Fairy

23,440 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Distrustul Officer 50
A new friend of mine, then, in 2008 posted about zOMG. It was just leaving closed beta then, and I thought "Hey, I'll give it a try." I got hooked.

Also it was a lot of fun just running through Village Greens with nothing but buffs and heals, kind of like a traveling medic.

Also Duneslam. Duneslam, that sandy butt, dazed me so many times before I finally defeated him.
Oh, and sometimes I would go down into Shallow Sea by myself and leave the window up, just so I could listen to the music. It was beautiful.
I remember first going on there and going through the sewers and being a newbie but it was so fun.And I got stuck on soo many quests.Than I got stronger and went through weaker areas and just randomly kept healing people who were new.But I always died like right away in Dead Man's Shadow(a really tough area), so I couldn't get the orbs there to upgrade a ring.A vicious cycle. xd Oh well

Fluffy Shapeshifter

I used to put on my Inari Beads and be a wolf, then I'd summon my pups and run around like a pack... or just sit in the Japanese Gardens. Players always gave comments when I did this.

I'll miss doing that ;_;

Taken Vampire

28,475 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Alchemy Level 7 100
I remember my first time as a leader in crew for Papa Saw. No one ever knew how to do it, so I felt like a freaking general XD
"Stick together!"
"Bump please!"
"Heal X!"
"r4 when you can!"
Damn, that was so awesome :'D And in the end I was always like "...and don't forget to heal each other!" XD
Sparkle Unidog
I used to put on my Inari Beads and be a wolf, then I'd summon my pups and run around like a pack... or just sit in the Japanese Gardens. Players always gave comments when I did this.

I'll miss doing that ;_;

That kinda reminds me of the fluffs that would be walking around in Bass Ken Lake.They would be following the giant fluff I believe.It was cute.

Anxious Gekko

I was waiting for the Easter event back in 2011, it was late so I was farming Papa saw (getting a group together and doing continuous run throughs). You would shout to get people on that server in that vicinity to see your need for crew members, well, I shouted for people, and one of them was this guy off to the side, I added him into the group, while we were waiting for two more people the rest of the group started chatting, he caught my attention, I could tell something was off with him, so, I whispered to him a private conversation, we decided to exchange emails to I'M via MSN, and after months of talking and IMing we became really close, I wanted out of my mom's place and he offered to take me in. My computer by chance died in late August, and in September, I was on a bus to move in with him, stepped off that bus saw him and damn near collapsed from the sensation of that first kiss he gave me, which was hugely unexpected. That's when everything clicked, and we've been together for over three years now. I still get weak in the knees and have to hold fast to him as my head spins and my legs turn to jello from his kiss. Zomg was a godsend to me. And now, he and I will never get to farm Papa Saws again.

Healing Phantom

26,540 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
TvvinSanity
I remember my first time as a leader in crew for Papa Saw. No one ever knew how to do it, so I felt like a freaking general XD
"Stick together!"
"Bump please!"
"Heal X!"
"r4 when you can!"
Damn, that was so awesome :'D And in the end I was always like "...and don't forget to heal each other!" XD
I loved playing Papa Saw ^^ you're right. LOL NOBODY seemed to know how to play especially after the gold cap came into play.

Professional Alchemist

42,825 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Azalea Star
A new friend of mine, then, in 2008 posted about zOMG. It was just leaving closed beta then, and I thought "Hey, I'll give it a try." I got hooked.

Also it was a lot of fun just running through Village Greens with nothing but buffs and heals, kind of like a traveling medic.

Also Duneslam. Duneslam, that sandy butt, dazed me so many times before I finally defeated him.
Oh, and sometimes I would go down into Shallow Sea by myself and leave the window up, just so I could listen to the music. It was beautiful.

+1
A link for all zOMG music areas : Here

Friendly Sex Symbol

zOMG! was the place I spent most of my time on Gaia back when I first joined and when I came back after some years.
Back in around 2008 or 2009 I had another account on this site I was such a noob in Gaia and English languange that I didn't even knew what I was doing here but I really got into dressing up my avatar. x'D Then my friend I have invited to join the site have found zOMG (Yes, she was better at English and such back then) and explained how fun it could be. Eventually I got into it of course due to my inexperience in the game I was only hitting Barton Town and Village Greens, I have tried to explore other maps but because of my level I got killed a lot. xD After I got to know how to rise it I have started to actually do quests and so on the game I even remember Nicolae had quest feature ( I did some of those ). Then after some unpleasant things that happened I have left Gaia Online just when I made my current and only account. after some years I got back on here. It was 2013 ( yes not so long ago ) and first thing I did I have checked out my beloved zOMG! After doing some stuff in VG I found this quest thing really fun and so I have started my traveling trough this wonderful zOMG world. As soon as I visited Bill's Ranch I have found out there was something new in zg something that wasn't there before it was DMS after I got an explanation that my cl was to low to join a crew I have started to work on it by keeping the track of quests. And then I hit Bassken Lake where my PS'ing started. emotion_awesome It was actually my first time from going out of mostly solo playing to playing with people more. During that time I found out that PS was the fastest way to earn orbs and since I needed them to hit cl 10 I have started to hang around there a lot. I soon found out even more interesting things like buff rings purpose, short cut keys, there were some DMS players who explained sets of rings in there and how it goes. So excited to see if my knowledge is good enough I've spent lots of hours farming orbs. Also I got my first experience as a leader in PS and I believe I wasn't that bad since people seemed to like my way. lus I have met quite some great people in there I still would like to talk to them.
Also Zen Garden how could I forget that place! It was my favorite place on zg because it was really pretty. Also it's worth to mention because it was the place where I first attended a two gaians wedding. >w<
What else I have enjoyed on there? Well everything from it's easy way to play and it's storyline to people I've met there. I also noticed less and less people were to play something different than dms on zg so I had to hurry to level up. xD
So after reaching cl 10 with all of the rings in my invo I have dropped the quest track and started on to dms. It was scary that my fails will doom the whole crew but I was encouraged by one or another friend to join their crews open slots so there would be more than one noob out there! xD Soon I got used to the game and started mapping. It looked so hard to do at first but after a few times I understood there's noting difficult to it. cx I have met a few more people that became a nice friends for me c: I don't regret staying up all night for one week or another (lol dis me) anyway after doing a lot of runs in dms I have decided to finish this whole thing for once. And also my friend told me about how interesting it could be at the end so that's what made me go on and finish story line. So I did! After that I got back to dms. After sometime I decided to learn to tank so after getting my ring set to good enough level I've tried it out. There were some fails at first but I got trough fast and I believe I wasn't really bad at it. And finally after more and more time I got myself attuned so I could enter even further into the maze without clearing out another one. Of course I wouldn't have done it without a crew and I had to spend whole night at it but thanks to patient tank/kite (due to others leaving and joining) we have made it. x'D
After even more time when I got to know dms really well I have finally found a crew which went for crypt and blood lust. I've spent a lot of hours on that one too but I ended up leaving because of being too tired to go on. Anyway it was my first and last crew of BL. ;u;
All in all I have enjoyed my stay in zOMG!, meeting new people, doing quests, having crazy-a** crews in dms, having laughs to tears, helping out new players, learning secrets of zOMG and other mmorpg games (yes I'm nub at gaming I guess), having friend meets there and crazy cosplay role plays with my bestie emotion_awesome emotion_dealwithit emotion_facepalm and a lot more. I will really miss zOMG! because of all this.
Of course during this whole time I also had payers I adored in there but I will keep their usernames in secret, because I can emotion_awesome

Well I wrote a long a** story of my life (well part of it) spent in zOMG. I hope you haven't cried, fell asleep while reading it. x'D If you did I'm really sorry I just can't shut up without telling a long story emotion_facepalm

Sadly I don't have any screenies left just a few and yet just from one crew >u>' I took it because it was my first ever BL crew x'D
User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces