Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Poster

8,850 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cool Cat 500
WLWT5 article

Quote:
DAYTON, Ohio (AP) —A 22-year-old Dayton woman has been sentenced to 50 days in jail for stealing a guide dog from a blind person's backyard and selling the animal on Craigslist.

The Montgomery County prosecutor's office says Bonnie Ritchie was sentenced Thursday and given credit for time she's already served behind bars since her arrest. She'll also serve probation.

Ritchie was charged with theft from a disabled person after police said she stole a Rottweiler named Diamond from a backyard Feb. 17, then sold it through the online classified ad website.

Less than a week later, the buyer recognized the dog from a news story about the theft and reported Ritchie to police.

Prosecutors had asked for a year in jail. Ritchie pleaded guilty last month.
b***h got off LIGHT. evil

Shameless Lunatic

27,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Brandisher 100
That woman is the scum of the earth and she can suck my a**.
...actually, she's not worthy of sucking my a**.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
OH my Gawd!

Ya know, I would check her 'sales history' and find out how many other animals she has stolen and sold. How many items she has stolen and sold.

But this, in the news story, really gets my gaul!! Nothing is sacred to some people!

Yuki_Windira's Husband

Invisible Hunter

13,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
*puts on a pointy hat and raises hands above head* KILL!
That's just sick. Not only are guide dogs expensive but I'm sure that man would have a very close bond with that dog. That is like stealing someones friend or child.

Powerhungry Genius

44,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
what a dumb b****

Quotable Informer

20,825 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
GSK Lives
b***h got off LIGHT. evil
Really light. Seeing Eye dogs/guide dogs/ service animals aren't cheap! At least 2k to get them and trained.

Bloodthirsty Carnivore

27,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
******** that b***h. And ******** the state for only giving her 50 days. She should be in for a hell of a lot longer than that. I'm just glad the person who bought the dog was willing to do the right thing, even thought they likely got attached. The dog is back with it's original owner now, right? Man, that had to be rough to lose your best bud who also works as your eyes. That's just sick what she did.

Angelic Ladykiller

9,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
The Trancy Brat
That woman is the scum of the earth and she can suck my a**.
...actually, she's not worthy of sucking my a**.
No no, let her suck it, just make sure you don't wipe or wash it for a month or so prior

Kawaii Shoujo

It's absolutely appalling that some people would do that sort of thing, than again with corruption and greed like this happening on a daily basis it's no wonder to hear that it happens, and that woman should spent a year or so in the slammer.

Time-traveling Lunatic

That woman got off light emotion_donotwant

Big Noob

She robbed him blind.

Bucktoothed Otaku

19,450 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Damn low-life.. someone should steal her food.. twisted and they should have sentenced her to a fitness camp.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff