Welcome to Gaia! ::

Distinct Businesswoman

Meme_Cloud

Well, seeing as you've already begun to turn on the zOMGaians (be it unconsciously, since you probably think you haven't), you have to think about it this way: If you're not willing to get upset over the removal of zOMG, something precious to so many, why would anyone get upset over the removal of Alchemy?

Are you serious? I don't believe that you're actually that petty.

Let me just tell you what I'm hearing this as, so you understand my incredulity:

"You're not upset that they removed this feature, therefore I'm going to be mad at you and assume you're turning against me. When you get upset over the removal of this other feature, I'm going to not care about it, strictly because you didn't care when I was upset."

You are not that petty. > neutral I downright refuse to believe it, so can I get a rephrase on that?

In addition, it's not like they're purposely removing it to piss off users, or just because it wasn't turning profit. They removed it for security purposes. That's a pretty damned valid reason, especially given the entire site has serious maintenance issues.
I never cared for ZOMG myself. I am not a fan of MMO's and I found myself getting bored of the game. The music was nice and all. That is what I liked about it, but I just didn't really find the game fun or anything.

I really don't want to be yelled at for having an opinion. I do find it silly people "leaving" over the game being shelved. However. I rarely come on Gaia nowadays, due to I have a life outside Gaia.

TasteChaos's King

Duck

While of course I'm sad to see zOMG! go, it's not really the part where I, and most of the other zOMG!ers are upset about.
It's the false hope they gave us.
Telling us not to worry, that everything would be fine and then suddenly drop a bomb like that.

Tiny Nerd

18,950 Points
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • Magical Gems 500
It doesn't bother me because over the years stuff has come and gone its not much different, soon there will be another new thing.

King Noob

I don't do alchemy but from what I've heard that is closely tied with zomg?

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
*doesn't like zOMG and couldn't care any less that it's gone.*
I'm pissed at how they got rid of it though. There's so many features that are in the same boat as zOMG. Gaia's set this standard that "False hope and halfassed attempts at trying to fix s**t is perfectly ok if we make sure we apologize". Someone help them if they pull this BS with any other feature. People wouldn't be pissed at Gaia at all if Gaia was completely straight about zOMG from the start instead of stringing people's hopes along for years. How incredibly unprofessional.

I betcha whoever made SmashBlox, Word Blitz, Stack Attack and maybe even Tiles pulled the "Left no notes so someone else can figure out what I did" lack of planning and standards nonsense that hurts every other feature needing to be fixed on this site. And those games are newer features. Gaia never learns from it's mistakes, or treats anything they do with an ounce of respect and it's getting ridiculous.

Desirable Tycoon

17,850 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
HiIdr
...Even though I played extensively.

The game was buggy and glitchy at best. Sure, it was fun and had its charm when it worked correctly. That's not to say I won't miss it. I met some great people on zOMG! and wasted way too much time on it.

But so help me, if you take Alchemy, we gun fite gaia. emotion_donotwant
My impossible Alchemy endeavors are the only thing keeping me on this site.
Yes zOMG was glitchy. Agreed. Yet I DO miss it. This site has regressed there is no real way for a new person to build their character up aside from Gaia Cash now. So, I feel sorry for the little guy. We need some replacement game where we can smash monsters for gold. Preferably dressed as our avatars. As far as alchemy, I am a level ten but preciuous little can be made due to scarcity of items needed aside from components or inflated too rare to make a profit off of. As for the excuse they do not have the developers to create such a game, this could because their focus is elsewhere: http://gaiainteractive.com/games/ DON'T have the team?!? I looked at the Gaia Interactive website and they DO have a team. They are, however NOT busy with making games for this site but for IOS and smart phones. This site has become a cash cow for cash shop items and that is all Gaia cares about anymore. MONEY. So, they might lose user base on this site, new members notwithstanding.
As far as Alchemy, when it costs ten times the gold to make an item than its marketplace value, it is broken, I do not want them to get rid of it, however it needs work for sure.

Desirable Tycoon

17,850 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
Creeped
It doesn't bother me because over the years stuff has come and gone its not much different, soon there will be another new thing.
All I can say is many do not feel as you do. MY case: ONE ring a few days ago (sweetheart cl 12.0) worth 350 billion. I bought it for 7 bil before inflation and it took me three days to get it and I sold of most all I had at the time which was rough. Now it is a useless pile of crap. So for this and other reasons I digress.

Tiny Nerd

18,950 Points
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • Magical Gems 500
Your Supreme Goddess
Creeped
All I can say is many do not feel as you do. MY case: ONE ring a few days ago (sweetheart cl 12.0) worth 350 billion. I bought it for 7 bil before inflation and it took me three days to get it and I sold of most all I had at the time which was rough. Now it is a useless pile of crap. So for this and other reasons I digress.
I also brought rings one was 8bill, its just gold so it still doesn't bother me i have earnt back what i spent anyway on other things. They said they are going to tell use what we can do with all the rings and stuff we got from it on Wednesday so just wait till then.

Attila The Chad's Widower

Bad Boy

If I remember right, isn't Alchemy next to be nixed? surprised I read that this was mentioned somewhere in the Ask the Staff thread, when they first come up with it; some users asked about Alchemy, and they said they were considering replacing it - I'm a little fuzzy with the posts myself tbh. But there's a petition now to try to keep Alchemy. If GoFusion is going to be used as its replacement, there's very little we can do about it...

Tiny Nerd

18,950 Points
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • Magical Gems 500
BOMB4Y
If I remember right, isn't Alchemy next to be nixed? surprised I read that this was mentioned somewhere in the Ask the Staff thread, when they first come up with it; some users asked about Alchemy, and they said they were considering replacing it - I'm a little fuzzy with the posts myself tbh. But there's a petition now to try to keep Alchemy. If GoFusion is going to be used as its replacement, there's very little we can do about it...
Idk if that's the case tho i do prefer GoFusion its a lot easier to collect the hearts and stuff than it is for the alchemy components, a lot cheaper to lol I think if they do axe it they should move the items you can make from alchemy to GoFusion.

Desirable Tycoon

17,850 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
Creeped
Your Supreme Goddess
Creeped
I also brought rings one was 8bill, its just gold so it still doesn't bother me i have earnt back what i spent anyway on other things. They said they are going to tell use what we can do with all the rings and stuff we got from it on Wednesday so just wait till then.
You have to admit that is ALOT of gold. The most valuable thing on my account. Knowing the history this site has on "compensation" , It will not be much. So I am annoyed alot. If I was not that would be abnormal. This game is not the first of their I have lost on. Gold I know is abstract. However on Soul Crash I was 11th in a large user base on Facebook and I spent about 300 dollars over time. I wanted to support Gaia in their endeavors at the time. Then they stopped developing the game and made Soul Crash II, Making my old stuff useless. Yes, I know this seems foolish, but back then I believed in them. They promised they would add lots of new features to the first Soul Crash and then did the same type of thing they did here. They have had around five games yanked from this site. So this is not the first time. However, zOMG was a way that people could have fun and earn gold and was for only Gaia members. I do feel there needs to be more than just hangouts and a cash shop and some really crappy games on here. So spending and dressup, and cash shop revolving door of notices all day long. How very boring. Not very friendly for younger members and new people here either.

Tiny Nerd

18,950 Points
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • Magical Gems 500
Your Supreme Goddess
Creeped
Your Supreme Goddess
Creeped
You have to admit that is ALOT of gold. The most valuable thing on my account. Knowing the history this site has on "compensation" , It will not be much. So I am annoyed alot. If I was not that would be abnormal. This game is not the first of their I have lost on. Gold I know is abstract. However on Soul Crash I was 11th in a large user base on facebook and I spent about 300 dollars over time. I wanted to support Gaia in their endeavors at the time. Then they stopped developing the game and made Soul Crash II, Making my old stuff useless. Yes, I know this seems foolish, but back then I believed in them. I do feel there needs to be more than just hangouts and a cash shop and some really crappy games on here. So spending and dressup, and cash shop revolving door of notices all day long. How very boring.

It is a lot but the thing is did you use the ring? because then you wouldn't have been able to sell it anyway so it makes that point invalid...
I don't use Facebook so i don't know what soul crash is.. I agree tho that Gaia needs to get there s**t together when making things they start something then trash it for something else its a bad trend they have gotten into. I joined this site for the dress up, forums and chat spaces so everything else for me is a bonus i can quite happily spend 4hrs in dress up. sweatdrop

Desirable Tycoon

17,850 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
I used the ring LOTS. Best ring ever. I breathed on things they died. At cl 12.0 with 100 ghi I had r4 sweetheart and meat, 2975 HP. They had promised to keep the game. My point is with that item being made worthless whatever compensation they give will be highly inadequate at best. It was an event ring not soulbound so yes I could have sold it at any time. If the value of it had rached one trillion I most likely would have sold the ring. What diaturbs me the most about this thread is the amount of apathy present. Apathetic users makes for a lousy website with poor content. I do like Alcehmy. My favorite things I made were Celestial rings and Forteanagoria. So, I do hope in some way Alcehmy may stay.

Tiny Nerd

18,950 Points
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • Magical Gems 500
So your just upset because your greedy and didn't get to be pixel super rich from a zomg ring emotion_eyebrow

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff