Welcome to Gaia! ::

Clever Goat

...Even though I played extensively.

The game was buggy and glitchy at best. Sure, it was fun and had its charm when it worked correctly. That's not to say I won't miss it. I met some great people on zOMG! and wasted way too much time on it.

But so help me, if you take Alchemy, we gun fite gaia. emotion_donotwant
My impossible Alchemy endeavors are the only thing keeping me on this site.

Edits and stuff:
    - LOL @ the </3 fairies.

- I'm not here to debate whether or not zOMG! should be fixed or whatever. Based on the information we have (which we have to assume is true) there was a massive security flaw, and that is the reason it was taken down. Not money. Not whatever other reasons people have concocted. If you want to debate that with me, leave. I'm not going to talk coding or business or whatever with you. I'm here to state my opinion that Alchemy is the primary reason I use Gaia and if it goes down, I'll more than likely leave or at least drastically cut back my time spent here. Everyone is on a war-path about zOMG! going down, so numerous people are leaving because of that. Some people were here only because of zOMG!; I'm here primarily for Alchemy. Opinions, folks. Opinions.

- I agree that the way zOMG! was taken down is probably shitty at best, but keep in mind, the programmers may not have known what they were getting into when they started picking apart the code. They might have recognized the security flaw (which again, we have to assume the information given on that is true), and thought that a) it was huge but would be easy to fix or b) it wasn't near as big of a deal as it actually is / was. There are people much more educated than I am on coding, so if you want to talk about the plausibility of the bug or bugs, talk to them. This user seems to have a great handle on how the technical side of things actually seem to work.

- Alchemy is tied to zOMG! but not so heavily that it is dependent on zOMG! There are a portion of formulas that require zOMG! loot, but a vast majority do not.

Opinions and s**t:
    I think GoFusion and Alchemy should be tied more closely together. GoFusion is much more "user friendly" than Alchemy, but it also poses no challenge. The hardest part is gathering your 200 charms to create the item you want. Alchemy poses the challenge of strategically leveling and creating items to be used in another formula.

- Add items used in Alchemy to GoFusion - especially those that are now practically extinct on Gaia such as a lot of the old RIG items. The Alchemy Fusion Cache in GF is a great start, but create different ones.

- Add CIs that can be created in GoFusion that contain bundles of zOMG! loot or other items found in the mini-games, such as the rare bugs from Towns or the rare fish from Fishing.

Springtime Werewolf

i'd be wary of alchemy next, simply because wasn't alchemy heavily connected to zOMG? correct me if i'm wrong as i only played zOMG a couple of times very casually. plus, with the introduction of GoFusion, i don't think alchemy has much of a chance.

though that may just be the infectious negativity surrounding recent events turning me into a doomsdayer gonk

Clever Goat

Head Up Your Astronaut
i'd be wary of alchemy next, simply because wasn't alchemy heavily connected to zOMG? correct me if i'm wrong as i only played zOMG a couple of times very casually. plus, with the introduction of GoFusion, i don't think alchemy has much of a chance.

though that may just be the infectious negativity surrounding recent events turning me into a doomsdayer gonk

A portion of the formulas use zOMG! loot. There is a good percentage of formulas that don't require anything from zOMG! though.

Here's to hoping they rework it so GoFusion and Alchemy work hand-in-hand. Maybe be able to create bundles of zOMG! loot in GF?

Blessed Pumpkin

they been hinting that alchemy is going to get replaced by gofusion

Clever Goat

PlumaDeTerror

Shhhh, noooooooooo

Blessed Pumpkin

HiIdr
PlumaDeTerror

Shhhh, noooooooooo

hopefully they dont do it anytime soon

Clever Goat

PlumaDeTerror
HiIdr
PlumaDeTerror

Shhhh, noooooooooo

hopefully they dont do it anytime soon

As in "the next ten years". I have too many things I need to finish.

Fashionable Loiterer

10,725 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Demonic Associate 100
HiIdr
...Even though I played extensively.

The game was buggy and glitchy at best. Sure, it was fun and had its charm when it worked correctly. That's not to say I won't miss it. I met some great people on zOMG! and wasted way too much time on it.

But so help me, if you take Alchemy, we gun fite gaia. emotion_donotwant
My impossible Alchemy endeavors are the only thing keeping me on this site.

Well, seeing as you've already begun to turn on the zOMGaians (be it unconsciously, since you probably think you haven't), you have to think about it this way: If you're not willing to get upset over the removal of zOMG, something precious to so many, why would anyone get upset over the removal of Alchemy?

Alchemy is buggy and glitchy (maybe not in the same glitchy sense as zOMG, but consider how many changes they've had to make since Alchemy was released and that it hasn't been updated in awhile or given additional fixes since...), it is probably the next thing to be axed on this site (along with Aquariums and Rally).

Another way to think about it is like with Towns and Towns 2: Since we had Towns 2, there was no reason to keep Towns. It was just unnecessary (or so Gaia convinced all the non-Towns using Gaians). So they got rid of Towns.

We have GoFusion now. It is kind of like the Towns 2 of Alchemy. With zOMG gone, which one of the only parts of the sites that has any direct connection with Alchemy, you could easily say that Alchemy kind of seems unnecessary now.

Further to that, by eliminating Alchemy, Gaia can also make more profit too, since the money that would have been spent trying to do Alchemy could be instead spent on GoFusion charms. And, just as you stated they could rework the loot in zOMG into Alchemy, you might notice they could rework all of Alchemy right into GoFusion too, therefore eliminating Alchemy altogether as well wink

Blessed Pumpkin

HiIdr

As in "the next ten years". I have too many things I need to finish.

it took a few years before they took down zomg, im sure theyll do the same and wait a few years for the number of alchemy users to go down

Clever Goat

Meme_Cloud
Well, seeing as you've already begun to turn on the zOMGaians (be it unconsciously, since you probably think you haven't), you have to think about it this way: If you're not willing to get upset over the removal of zOMG, something precious to so many, why would anyone get upset over the removal of Alchemy?

Alchemy is buggy and glitchy (maybe not in the same glitchy sense as zOMG, but consider how many changes they've had to make since Alchemy was released and that it hasn't been updated in awhile or given additional fixes since...), it is probably the next thing to be axed on this site (along with Aquariums and Rally).

Another way to think about it is like with Towns and Towns 2: Since we had Towns 2, there was no reason to keep Towns. It was just unnecessary (or so Gaia convinced all the non-Towns using Gaians). So they got rid of Towns.

We have GoFusion now. It is kind of like the Towns 2 of Alchemy. With zOMG gone, which one of the only parts of the sites that has any direct connection with Alchemy, you could easily say that Alchemy kind of seems unnecessary now.

Further to that, by eliminating Alchemy, Gaia can also make more profit too, since the money that would have been spent trying to do Alchemy could be instead spent on GoFusion charms. And, just as you stated they could rework the loot in zOMG into Alchemy, you might notice they could rework all of Alchemy right into GoFusion too, therefore eliminating Alchemy altogether as well wink

I was waiting for you to post in my thread. lol
You seem to think there's some sort of a civil war between people that played zOMG and people that didn't.

I'm not upset about the removal of zOMG because there's no sense in getting upset over something I can't fix. If Gaia does decide to remove Alchemy, I won't be upset either. I'll just leave the site because that's the only thing really tying me here aside from lurking in the forums and posting every so often.
I spend the majority of my time here in the mini-games collecting for Alchemy, which included zOMG! Maybe I wasn't a "true" zOMGaian since I only played to collect for Alchemy so I "can't appreciate the gravity of the situation". rolleyes People have different preferences.

Also, if you've ever actually used Alchemy, a portion of it is tied directly to zOMG!, but a large portion of it is not. There's actually only a select few formulas that require zOMG! loot. Gaia could easily remedy (or not) the dwindling supply of zOMG! loot and Alchemy would still limp along just fine, like it already has been.

Fashionable Loiterer

10,725 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Demonic Associate 100
HiIdr
Meme_Cloud

You seem to think there's some sort of a civil war between people that played zOMG and people that didn't.

I'm not upset about the removal of zOMG because there's no sense in getting upset over something I can't fix. If Gaia does decide to remove Alchemy, I won't be upset either. I'll just leave the site because that's the only thing really tying me here aside from lurking in the forums and posting every so often.
I spend the majority of my time here in the mini-games collecting for Alchemy, which included zOMG! Maybe I wasn't a "true" zOMGaian since I only played to collect for Alchemy so I "can't appreciate the gravity of the situation". rolleyes People have different preferences.

Also, if you've ever actually used Alchemy, a portion of it is tied directly to zOMG!, but a large portion of it is not. There's actually only a select few formulas that require zOMG! loot. Gaia could easily remedy (or not) the dwindling supply of zOMG! loot and Alchemy would still limp along just fine, like it already has been.

Aww... Thanks for (claiming you've been) reading my other posts heart

Nevertheless, think what you will and keep wasting time here if that is what makes you happy, but I honestly think you're lying about your feelings... And... Have played right into the (corporate) palm of Gaia's hand...

Clever Goat

Meme_Cloud

Nevertheless, think what you will and keep wasting time here if that is what makes you happy, but I honestly think you're lying about your feelings... And... Have played right into the (corporate) palm of Gaia's hand...

I'm a professional lurker. I read most, if not all, the recent posts in the forums I frequent.

And sure, think what you want. I don't really care because I know what I said is true to me.

Tell me this though. How have I played into anyone's palm? Because I'm not surprised and outraged that they took a game with massive security flaws down? Ok, sure.

Edgy Trash

Meme_Cloud
HiIdr
Meme_Cloud

Sorry, I just have to interject.

While I think that what Gaia did was shitty in getting its users' hopes up, only to shut down zOMG!, this is Site Feedback, and you're sitting here and basically telling the OP of this thread that her opinion is invalidated because... It's different from your own?

Quote:

wat

The OP didn't "turn" on anyone. She was stating her opinion. And I happen to agree with it. There's no reason to be angry over something that can't be helped. It sucks for you guys, really, it does, and I feel for you, although I, myself, never got into zOMG!, but don't sit here and tell the OP that she's "playing into corporate hands" or what-have-you. That is ridiculous conjecture.

You have a right to be angry. I'm not telling you that your anger is unjustified. If you believe that voicing it to Gaia will make a difference, so be it. But just because the OP isn't outwardly expressing her anger doesn't mean she's wrong, either.

Cluttered Businesswoman

I am actually not surprised that Gaia decided to officially demolish zOMG. I expected this outcome when zOMG was first placed on maintence mode. I used to play the MMORPG obsessively in order to earn gold; however, when I later discovered the art of vending, I became disinterested in zOMG. Honestly, I have not played zOMG for over two years, so I am not really affected by its death. Nevertheless, I can sympathize the pain zOMGaians are feeling right now.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff