Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Lunatic

14,275 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

User Image

Simple question.
I just wanted to know if the devs had any plans for creating a new game like zOMG. I'm sad to see zOMG go, but it was kinda reaching the end of its life anyways. There were hardly any players before it was taken down and lots of bugs. It's sad and it was a great part of gaia that I will miss, but it wouldn't be so bad if there was a replacement coming up.

Just a question. Everyone is disappointed to see zOMG go, but I'm sure it would be alright if we knew a replacement or similar game was in the works / there were ideas for creating a new game.

Thanks!

Lightbringer

I hope so. Even if it ultimately wasn't what I was hoping for, it was still Gaia's long-awaited Battle System, which at one point was the most highly desired feature of the site, at least in my opinion. I'd like to see some iteration of it to live on, hopefully of a much higher quality than the recent GC-oriented games.

Angelic Allegiant

Signs point to no idea
Yeah I'm gonna have to go to no and ZOMG was a lot more than just a game for many people, it created a community. So I am not sure if a new game could quell the reasonable rage people are feeling.

Besides Gaia seems to make things half-heartedly so I'm no sure if we'd want a game unless we were ensured it wouldn't be abandoned and even then Gaia's word is worth much.

Hoarding Hoarder

Highly doubtful. I'm sure we'll get new games in the future but not anytime soon or as large as zOMG was. Back before it was released, a battle system was one of the most waited for things next to backwings and and inventory arranger update and took years and a large staff to complete. Seeing as thing are going now, Gaia doesn't seem to have or want to put money towards those resources anymore. sad

Lonely Lunatic

14,275 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Joyless Deception
Signs point to no idea

emo

Desirable Tycoon

17,850 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
I think there does need to be a replacement game where we can smash monsters for gold. Too boring atm.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff