Welcome to Gaia! ::

10,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Popular Thread 100
i come back from a hiatus and the marketplace inflated like nuts, every announcement everyday seems to be for gaia cash or buy for items, the halloween event prizes are just jack item recolors...

im really wondering what happened , does anyone have a clue whats been going on?

Mystical Creature

These two links should help explain:

Hyperinflation

User Image

Basically: Gaia started selling gold for cash (which led to inflation), started pushing cash at the cost of all other things on the site (leading to an increase in announcements, loss of features such as zomg, etc.), and has generally gone down the toilet in the eyes of most users. Good fun. But the post and article linked will provide a better explanation.

Welcome back!

10,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Popular Thread 100
ElegantlyLuminous
      These two links should help explain:

Hyperinflation

User Image

Basically: Gaia started selling gold for cash (which led to inflation), started pushing cash at the cost of all other things on the site (leading to an increase in announcements, loss of features such as zomg, etc.), and has generally gone down the toilet in the eyes of most users. Good fun. But the post and article linked will provide a better explanation.

Welcome back!

thanks for the link and welcome back , but did something happen to lanzer and some of the original gaia staff because pushing all the sell items seem to be out of character unless the site is desperately going bankrupt or something , and ive been trying to read up on the site feed back threads and theres been a few comments about earlier staff getting fired

Mystical Creature

loonyanimator

As far as I know, when the new CEO came into power, some staff (I don't honestly know how many) were fired and shortly thereafter, many people left because they didn't approve of these new practices. (Which is understandable.) Uncle Kenny left for a better job a few months ago. I believe he still checks in once and while, unofficially. I think the only remaining founder who is still a part of the company is Lanzer and he's working from home, though, again, I'm not sure about that. Gaia isn't really communicating much with us anymore and so we're left to guess.

belated edit: Apparently Lanzer has left Gaia. Fully. I did not know this. Sorry for misleading you on that bit!

10,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Popular Thread 100
ElegantlyLuminous
loonyanimator

As far as I know, when the new CEO came into power, some staff (I don't honestly know how many) were fired and shortly thereafter, many people left because they didn't approve of these new practices. (Which is understandable.) Uncle Kenny left for a better job a few months ago. I believe he still checks in once and while, unofficially. I think the only remaining founder who is still a part of the company is Lanzer and he's working from home, though, again, I'm not sure about that. Gaia isn't really communicating much with us anymore and so we're left to guess.

that explains everything.... i really dont know what to say though

Lunatic

Welcome back, and I'm terribly sorry you had to return at such a low low low looooooow point in Gaian history. On top of the inflation and Gaia's stunning silence, whenever we do hear from staff, they're usually flat out lying to us. I would suggest, if you want to keep your heart in tact, don't trust anything the Gaia staff says from now on. They removed zOMG yesterday, after taking it down for "Maintenance", and then only working on it for a couple of weeks. Which is simply adding to everyone's irritation, as well as the distrust forming between the community and the staff. Gaia has a track record of lying to its customers and being lazy, lately. So again, I'm sorry you're back at such a terrible time, and watch out for the staff.

No ur mum's Kouhai

High-scoring Abomination

17,700 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Fusion Master 1000
ElegantlyLuminous
loonyanimator

Lanzer left a few months ago... They made a Lanzer pin...
His note was written on his twitter~

Mystical Creature

Damaged_Dweeb1273

... I have no idea how I missed that. (Beyond not watching his twitter.) Whoops. I'll correct my post. Thanks for letting me know!

57,900 Points
  • Miasmal Researcher 200
  • Miasmal Lake Defender 250
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
loonyanimator
i come back from a hiatus and the marketplace inflated like nuts, every announcement everyday seems to be for gaia cash or buy for items, the halloween event prizes are just jack item recolors...

im really wondering what happened , does anyone have a clue whats been going on?

Read This. it explains a lot.

Merry Rogue

18,215 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Damaged_Dweeb1273
ElegantlyLuminous
loonyanimator

Lanzer left a few months ago... They made a Lanzer pin...
His note was written on his twitter~

Can you please post a link of his twitter? :0

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas