Welcome to Gaia! ::

Battle-ready Brawler

Username: SetsunaEternal
Your best memory of zOMG: I think the first time I happened to be in the Village Greens for the Lawnsharks mini-event. I'd been one of the beta testers so didn't spend very much time in the earlier zones because I knew what I was doing pretty well already. I think I was gnome grinding for a badge at the time and I just remember being the ONLY one excited for the mini event or even knowing what it actually was - and then almost single highhandedly taking all three of them out. zOMG was one of the first mmo type game that I've ever actually really been good at and being a one women wrecking crew will always kind of be a highlight to me :3

Skilled Hunter

19,700 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Partygoer 500
Marcelio Sanchez II
Best zOMG Memory: EVERY SINGLE SECOND I F*****G PLAY ZOMG. Honestly, it was "retreat" from the world and now it's gone. Seriously though. Here's a list of what is in my memory which started in 2008 sad this is in my other account btw)
1. Starting at the "train station" meeting "you-know-who".
2. Getting my first ring which is Solar Rays.
3. Getting to Barton town (at last) from the sewer and unsure of what to do.
4. Going to the Null Chamber and upgraded my first ring! YAY! biggrin
5. First "Dazed" ever by a Lawn Gnome....(it sucks right?)

And the list goes on....It's just TOO MANY! Anyway, many thanks to Gaia Online creating this epic game and now it's forever gone. I will miss it and cherish these memories very well.

*still not leaving gaia though, haha* stare

Mystical Bard

17,500 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
Username: Water of Fenri

Favorite Memory of zOMG
: I remember playing with my best friend right around when the grucken events were new and we were freaking out about cow tipping and trying to catch them. It probably seemed like we were high, but we were just having a ton of fun! ^.^

Arikasa's Princess

*Username
Ivorina

*Your best memory of zOMG
There is so much.. I remember when it first came out. I was sooo excited. Even when I hear the music to this day it is nostalgic to me. I believe it was halloween when it came out? 2008? It was soon after that, that I began to invite my friends to play on that game with me. Boy did we have fun.

We began to develop our own stories about our lives in ZOMG. There was the first time when Ivorina introduced her friends to it. One of the friends didn't realize that the gnomes were evil and was running around panicked trying to escape them. Just in time, before he became dazed, Ivorina's (my) brother appeared and shot the gnomes and saved my friend. In real life, for weeks afterwards he would flinch whenever he saw one in a store or on someone's lawn. Same with the flamingos!!

One of my favorite memories was the first time my brother and I saw a land shark. We laughed so hard as we had died so instantly and there was mass chaos all around us.

I spent a lot of time with my mom and brother on ZOMG. I lived far away in another state so we used it as a way to hang out together and mess around. When I moved away from my friends, we used ZOMG the same way. Sometimes I would literally fall asleep while playing the game. (I actually was quite good at playing it in my sleep though.) My friend would be like, "ARE YOU SLEEPING?" cause he'd see me running into trees and then pausing and not doing anything. hahaha it was great. I beat the Otami Ruins Boss while sleep-playing.

One thing we liked to do was all pick an outfit theme and dress up together on outings. Sometimes we were all jungle people, sometimes pirates, sometimes animals, sometimes mer-people. We were always mer-people when we went to shallow seas.

There was this glitch with Ryn and Lyn (is that how you spell it?) they wouldn't speak to us. We thought we'd never move on but then somehow we found a way to keep progressing in the game anyway! We wrote a story about how the twins were displeased with us and instead of speaking with us, threw us over the cliff side into shallow seas! The man at the light house rescued us and gave us these strange potions that turned us into mer-people. That is how we were able to bypass the "rejection" of Ryn and Lyn and continue our questings in Shallow Seas.

6 years later I got married and invited my husband to play too. It was SO fun to be able to run around with him on there and show him everything. He worked really hard to get to Gold Beach. We were so proud of him when he finally reached level 9. We were about to take him to Shallow Seas.... but now it's gone. I think I am still in denial honestly... He doesn't know yet. I haven't told him. He keeps asking if ZOMG is back yet.

Sparkly Lunatic

15,775 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Team Moira 200
*Username: quog
*Your best memory of zOMG: Best memory was deff when zOMG first launched and a group of us were playing, we rocked up to the farm and were doing quests and one of us didn't know a repeatable quest was repeatable so spent 3 hours doing the same quest over and over...

Garbage Duelist

16,125 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Champion 300
Name: Kamen Rider Psyga

Best zOMG! memory: gathering a crew with my school friends, playing and working together.

Codebreaking Dragon

20,125 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Festive Eye 50
*Username: NatsumenoKage

*Your best memory of zOMG: My best memory was of the closed beta working with the other testers running running thru the game working with each other because none of us knew what was coming next. Putting us all in the same place.
Can hardly wait to see what you replace it with (irony). Bet it'll cost a pile of cash - no thanks!

Shy Cutie-Pie

*Username: L n x s s
*Your best memory of zOMG: That's actually a hard one.. i kinda have too many memories i really cherish.. ugh give me a moment............maybe the time my 2 friends showed me how to smob and then one at the end got stuck? lmao.. nah....i think anyones noob days tend to be fun days, i think its because of your lack of knowledge and trying to figure out things, everything is harder so accomplishing, what will later be, an easy task becomes supper fun
anyway - enough of the ranting

i would have to say it is when gaia made DMS public for everyone = _ = and then you had all these people that did not even have all their rings at cl 10 (or even had all the rings in general) that was a pain cuz those people came to DMS from papa saw (they never learned how to smob which meant they most likely lacked certain skills needed for DMS)
unlike most people who just avoided adding these people to the crew i instead took my tanking skills (a really important role you would not trust a noob to do) and made a noob crew.... yap.... i made whole crew of people that knew nothing :face palm:
but they became my little children - i took them under my wings emotion_kirakira they caused me to die at the beginning of the run but thats ok - we succeeded in the end anyways... things like that bring a special kind of warmth to my heart emo just looking out after the lower lvl players

Wheezing Dabbler

7,325 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
Username: ColoredCrayonsOrig heart

Best Memory of zOMG!: Honestly from the moment I got the ticket to preview the game! But my best memory has to be Papa Saw. I had played a lone up until Bassken Lake where some gaians offered me to be in their crew. Overtime we developed a strong bond and conquered the rest of the Gaia universe! But I'll never forget the countless hours I spent in that Saw Mill with them facing both Mamas, and Papa Saws.

Salty Phantom

24,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Bookworm 100
*Username: Marie-Cris
*Your best memory of zOMG: Where do I even begin?

zOMG has been the most awesome thing to have happened on GaiaOnline. It was a place where my partner and I, as well as some friends, could rampage about and kill monsters and not care whether or not it was a high gold pay-out, because it was just FUN TO KILL THINGS, DAMMIT.

I could choose from so many moments. Finding out I was a zETA and waiting to be let in to play. Finally getting in and playing around, noting all the bugs. Watching the opening sequence change at least twice, I think. Laughing at all the little jokes. The rampaging with friends. The new friends I've made. The discovery of worlds. The joy from already knowing some of the music that was selected for the soundtrack. That time we almost killed the end boss - pre-cl11 - and then died because someone got caught in the space outside of the game couldn't help us. The rush and the lag of facing big bad Jack in Ootami, and celebrating that we had all defeated him ...

... which actually makes for a pretty good example for my favourite moment. My favourite zOMG moment is:

zOMG.

Just being in there and teaming up with strangers to defeat the bad guys was awesome. zOMG was awesome, even though it glitched and wouldn't load sometimes and had tedious moments. It was a genuinely enjoyable way to pass the afternoon; killing and bonding.

For everything I've gotten out of zOMG, I'll never forget the game. Which, therefore, makes the game my favourite moment.

R.I.P., zOMG!

Gracious Defender

13,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Survivor 150
*Username : Bathiere
*Your best memory of zOMG : My best memory personally would have to be all the times I would go on zOMG and find a group of people I had never met before. These were some of the best times, getting to know the community, make new friends and make memories that would last. Whether it was during fluff farming in village green or trying to beat the stone coatl in the otami ruins.

Dapper Lionheart

35,800 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • OTP 200
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
*Username: Monkeyzd
*Your best memory of zOMG: Omg there's so many. When I first helped to defeat Jack when he was still around for Halloween events. That was so great. Helping people buff up and in any way helping others was a great experience and boosted my enjoyment of the game. I enjoyed maxing out on rings, meeting new people, going through hard quests, reaching achievements through kills, and gathering orbs to level up CL.
RIP zOMG. You'll be missed.

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
*Username: Scobre
*Your best memory of zOMG: I think one of my favorite memories was when I crewed with some of my friends and s2b2 kept dying from first form Kamila which made me laugh a lot. One of my friends took a picture of the chat. s2b2 was a Moga developer who loved playing zOMG! so much he beta tested DMS and tried to get new powerups and rings for the game.

User Image

User Image

I'm really sad about zOMG! going. I don't care if I don't win the contest since I'll be leaving Gaia anyway. But thank you to all the friends I've made through zOMG! The good memories I've had playing the game with all of you were priceless and I'm so happy I got to know all of you. I wish I could write all of them down since one memory is not more special than another. Farewell zOMG!

Chipperino's Significant Otter

Sweetheart

16,650 Points
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Restorative Spirit 250
MelonYuri
[Username]

The night I got to organize a BB Landshark party with friends I purely met at zOMG.
We ended up doing BB Landy then GB Landy then GB Landy at server cycle.
2 landshark parties more than originally planned.
We sported Virtual Piggy freebies. xD

Random people joined the havoc when they saw us making a ruckus with landy, which was pretty fun seeing people team up for fun. Reminded me a bit of Jack. ;~ ;
[Favorite Memory of zOMG]

My Clan / Landshark Party / Tropa
User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out