Welcome to Gaia! ::

Toothsome Elder

Kid Jak
I feel bad for the staff who got moved over to that division and are now getting shuffled around or let go.
With you on that.

I'm not surprised, because it was inevitable... I must say, the biggest obstacle for me was also the tumblr-like layout. I found the site terribly hard to browse, which is a shame because the tone and maturity of the community (in certain forums) really matched me better than Gaia does these days. I'd really say the layout killed it.

Angelic Lunatic

41,275 Points
  • Moonlight Valkyrie 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
Feeling kinda bad to those who spent money on that site, but I am kinda relieved it's gone. Kinda tempted to play Wizard of Oz's Ding Dong the Witch is Dead because of it...

Now that I finally said it, hopefully now they can focus more on Gaia with the sister site shutting down.

Shirtless Sentai

ItsieBitsie
Jayce Reinhardt
Hope that works out for you.

I'm far too bitter and waited too long for Gaia to impress me even if they are arsed to lift a finger.

Me too. crying

I totally understand your frustration. After coming back and seeing most things inflated and zOMG gone I was greatly disappointed. Still am.

Same here. It's definitely hard to retain my usual blind optimism when things fluctuate so badly so much of the time.

Zephyr Ceferino's Princess

Fluffy Kitten

I feel sorry for the people who enjoyed the site. Losing a site you liked always sucks. I'm a little surprised it's closing already, but honestly not surprised to see it close. This is is yet another of the many things Gaia started, but couldn't see through.

Bitchboots's Prince

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

That crashed and burned faster than Gaia's usual outprojects.

Then again, it was doomed to fail from the start. Tumblr already has the fandom/Livejournal exiles sewn up. Adults have Reddit and *chan. There was literally no market for Tentacl.

Eelysion's Partner

Melodious Muse

I'm not too surprised that tentacl failed to meet expectations and ended up where it is now.

The site was pretty questionable to begin with in terms of its launch, marketing, and aesthetics (.. which is more of my opinion in the sense that there were some that might have liked the direction).

I don't know what the shut-down will result for Gaia's development.. but I hope that means that Gaia will finally get some more development and updates outside of cash shop ventures and overall site stability/maintenance.

Anxious Garbage

Not surprised.

Layour sucked, navigation sucked, I really tried it, and I just couldn't stay on it for more than a week.

Shirtless Sentai

New question: Do you think that something could have been done to make Tentacl popular enough to survive? Different name, different layout, better avatar items, etc?

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
All I can say is good. I'm glad it failed. Money from Gaians went to something we didn't ask for. The site was skeevy and stupid and I'm sure plenty of people spent real money there as well.

Maybe now Gaia money will go back into gaia again.

Dulcet Nymph

18,700 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Team Rina 200
Well, look on the bright side; more resources will return to Gaia, which means maybe some staff will be shuffled back to Gaia duty, which means THEY CAN ACTUALLY GET s**t ON HERE DONE.

Also, less money drain, that's always good.

My condolences to anyone who actually liked tentacl, though.

Perfect Saint

Lol. I used to go there daily, but I never noticed the announcement. Ah well. I have a huge thread there. I was fun. Maybe, I could make one last avatar? Too bad I never managed to reach level 51.

Big Member

20,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Magical Girl 50
I'm actually surprised it lasted this long. Though while I went to it in the beginning and thought it was a decent idea (and will miss Reaps' thread VERY MUCH) I didn't see it lasting.

My pixel doll dresses sluttier than my Tentacl doll-man every could.
Nenanah

Well technically we named it.
They gave Gaia users a survey to pick the name and that dumb name was on there.
And because we all though that the idea for that site was stupid from the get-go the majority picked that stupid name.

Whoever put that name on the survey should have been fired on the spot for even thinking about it. lol
I never got the survey but most people I talked to who did the survey thought they stuck that on there as a joke. It seems like something someone would think up when they are sleep deprived or drunk. The thing is though they just kept looking at it, day, after day, after day while working on the site and still thought that was a good name . . .

They really need to hire someone that can act as quality control for any future ideas.

Inuyasha's Fangirl

Rainbow Goddess

31,215 Points
  • Let There Be Color 500
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Market Browser 100
I kind of saw this coming tbh. So much money was put into the original Gaia website. Maybe if our items could be transferred, it would have been more popular.
I'm surprised. It never even left beta confused

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces