Welcome to Gaia! ::

Feral Rabbit

10,550 Points
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Partygoer 500
So I was going through my inventory and found my event items I won during the What the Fluff event. That got me thinking... ninja
Will Gaia ever launch a formal, permanent pet feature? The fluffs may have been somewhat simplistic (feed, wash, sleep, BATTLE! repeat.) but I kinda liked having a little emoting companion follow me around towns2 and frolic around my house. Gaia already has such great pet templates too! Kiki, Coco, Gwee, Momo, Grunny, or even a selection of the bunnies and cats they've released over the years, not to mention recolors and EI pets!
I realize this is one of those long-term projects that they probably don't have much time for now, like the pvp system for zOMG (and if they did they'd probably charge for pet food or something so idk if I could justify paying to feed it on a regular basis, though if it was as plentiful as fish bait then no problem). I still think it would be amazing though and remembering the fun I had with the event, would have that much more incentive to log on every day! whee

Feral Rabbit

10,550 Points
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Partygoer 500
For the time being I will console myself with a fish tank, though you cant take fish for a walk or play fetch or cuddle them. not even hermit cat...

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
The idea's been tossed around, and I was fairly confident that the What the Fluff event was going to herald the advent of the new feature. But I guess that fell by the wayside. No clue as to when it'll happen now, if at all.

Perfect Saint

Uncle Kenny had planned for it, but then he left. I'm not sure if it was completely turned over to another developer.

Wind-up Waffles

Wasn't the Pets feature brought up at one of the AtS? I wish I could remember the answer, as it actually was addressed by staff.

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
It is starting to feel like Gaia doesn't have any more developers to work on features anymore. I mean all the rehired people were artists. I was really looking forward to the pet system. It's just sad when cash shop has taken priority over basic maintenance and development of the site now.

Original Rogue

11,100 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
I think they came across some weird problem while working on it and decided to scrap it entirely. Seems to be a running thing with them lately.

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
Teabo Milk Tea
Scobre
It is starting to feel like Gaia doesn't have any more developers to work on features anymore. I mean all the rehired people were artists. I was really looking forward to the pet system. It's just sad when cash shop has taken priority over basic maintenance and development of the site now.

And it doesn't help that we lost another developer (carbonphyber) very recently, either. sad

Yeah it is very sad. It feels like development on the site has completely stopped now.

Feral Rabbit

10,550 Points
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Partygoer 500
I wonder if there's a petition for such a thing, and if it would do anything for lack of programers...

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
Myrielle
Uncle Kenny had planned for it, but then he left. I'm not sure if it was completely turned over to another developer.

This is what Narumi said about it at AtS on Oct 13:

Quote:
We worked on it but we kept missing the Engineering deadline. Eventually we could no longer commit the Engineering team to stay on the project so we had to scrap it. It's not completely forgotten though, it's still on our main project list.

Feral Rabbit

10,550 Points
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Partygoer 500
gonk I JUST learned of the death of zOMG!.....
Now I am sad. It's not like when they got rid of that resort island game which I also enjoyed for the Sim city nostalgia; scrapping my effort in that without giving me any consolation or apology wasn't huge because I didn't feel like it was really something special to Gaia in the first place so who cares. But zOMG! really was fun, I liked the fighting and event potential and crafting junk and even the distant dream that we'd have pvp someday to show off our ring builds by beating the binary out of each other..... If they can't keep something like that up, maybe this really IS hopeless. crying
(Why couldn't they kill the rally game or something I wouldn't miss? R.I.P zOMG! May your monster-fighting and fun explorable environments be added to Towns2 someday...)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff