Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Wolf

If you're a man and you feel that you're a woman or vice-versa, snip that s**t, turn it inside out and all that good stuff! Live your life as you want! HOWEVER, I feel that as a transgender, the person that you choose to date has a right to know that you were once a man or woman and it wouldn't be fair to enter the relationship without letting them know. What if they want to have children or something? It wouldn't be right for them not to know. I'm not trying to be homophobic or anything, I'd just like to know up front that the person that I'm dating is transgender.

Clean Gekko

3,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
well I figure
if you transgendered from woman to man
an you dont want people knowin you use to be a woman

then you should proably just live like a man an not even worry bout bein called transnothin right
an if you really really really needa make sure noone ever knows
you can jus say you sterile

Adorable Fisher

OP, there are so many ignorant wrong things about your first post that I don't even know where to begin.

Yes, it is the transperson's right to tell their partner about their transition. It would be right to let them know.

But "homophobic" has nothing to do with this, #1.

"Snip that sh#t" wow.

Um. I'm gonna stop talking now.

Golden Astronomer

11,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Sunny Side Up 100
I feel like love knows no boundaries. I would say I am straight, but if my boyfriend decided he wanted to become a girl, I would be completely okay with it, and support him/her. (edit) and still be with him/her

I can see both sides of the argument, but if I really fell in love with someone and found out they didn't have the parts I thought they did, I'd love them regardless.
We live in a world where being openly transgender has unfortunately lead to assault, so I feel I can grasp why some transgender people may be reluctant to share this information. Somewhere down the line, however, if their relationship has gotten to the point where fertility may be something of an issue, they may want to go ahead and explain. I feel that such personal details ought to remain in the hands of the person; it's their choice when or if they disclose.

Versatile Vampire

Nobody is obligated to disclose what set of genitals they have.
It could lead to a huge issue if such is not brought up beforehand though.
wouldn't date a transsexual person
there's baggage and then there's baggage
GoldenEnlightenment
I feel like love knows no boundaries. I would say I am straight, but if my boyfriend decided he wanted to become a girl, I would be completely okay with it, and support him/her. (edit) and still be with him/her

I can see both sides of the argument, but if I really fell in love with someone and found out they didn't have the parts I thought they did, I'd love them regardless.

I wasn't aware we had the technology to alter people's chromosomes and turn them into the opposite sex.

Or are you just speaking hypothetically as if we did have this technology?
roman and roman again

How about this, you wouldn't date a transsexual person because you want to date a woman not a guy.
SirPuzzle
roman and roman again

How about this, you wouldn't date a transsexual person because you want to date a woman not a guy.

well yeah, but just on a base level, anyone that disturbed on such a base level isn't really dateable (not a word i know don't care)

6,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Regular 100
I feel like the person has right to know when fertility comes into play.

I can see both sides of the argument. I feel like if you truly have a good relationship, you should be able to discuss your transition, as you would anything else difficult, out of trust.

Spoopy Kitten

Im under the trans branch and have thought about getting the full surgery before. I decided against it in the end, as i hate surgery and i would still be in the same boat i am in now. But had i decided to go with it, i would not tell whoever i dated after - assuming i was single before and after the transition. I would let them know i couldnt have kids but id be willing to adopt. Other than that though, i wouldnt say anything. Of course, unless they askes
As for telling your partner, it should be something you say as you are discussing the possibility of having a relationship. Sorry, but I am heterosexual. I don't know why, but I am just attracted to cisgendered males. I have no problems with people who are transgendered, but I am just not sexually or romantically attracted to them. It is something I would like to know before even jumping into a relationship. Despite having a v****a, they look strange and smell funny to me. If the person who was/is mtf or ftm, it would be hard to get past the fact that the person had/has a v****a or wants a v****a. If my partner decided he wanted to be female, I don't even know how I would react. Of course, I wouldn't be angry or hurt him, but yano, I don't know. sweatdrop However, anything like genderless I might be able to handle.

Loiterer

Invisible Humorist

#snipthatshit2014

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out