Welcome to Gaia! ::

Liberal Receiver

GhostlyMark

How did you lose a testicle?

Cancer. I noticed a lump that got bigger over time. Went through chemo, my hair fell out, I lost an assload of weight, all that fun stuff, cancer wasn't reacting enough to chemo alone, off came one testicle, a few lymph nodes, and quite a bit of skin. Continued chemo and was lucky enough that it hadn't spread to the other testicle or further up my pubes or towards my legs.
This was more than seven years ago, so now I'm considered to be totally cured.

I do think that is at least in part related to the fact that the surgeon decided to remove what i considered at the time, excessive tissue.

Wealthy Hoarder

I am not an organ donor and frankly I never thought about being one. However I am known to donate blood.

Though whats wrong with donating organs? I think your parents need a reality check op.
No, and I never will be. I'm too paranoid that if I become injured in an accident or something that they will jump to donate my organs for money and pretend that I can't be saved.

Liberal Fatcat

This reminds me of when my mother found out I had donated blood. She was annoyed with me because I did so, and didnt want me to do it again. I was like "what the heck?" Giving a part of yourself that could potentially save one's life is a bad thing? Im up for doing it again, but Ive been too busy to hit up blood drives when they're in town.

Im not an organ donor, but Im not against the idea of becoming one. Its one of those things you need to think long and hard about. I live pretty healthy, no smoking, the occasional alcohol buzz about once a month, and I would willingly donate my organs. I dont see why parents think its a bad idea.

Interesting Businesswoman

5,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

Yes I'm an organ donor although I'm not sure if my organs will be good at all. I had a stroke when I was 16, but I don't know if the stroke affects any organs other than my brain. It's just the thought to me. Imagine this person laying on a hospital bed hooked up to a bunch of different machines to keep them alive and they're waiting on something you had while you were alive (a kidney, heart, lung, etc), but you're not alive so do you still need it? Do you really need to be buried/cremated with that organ when it can save that person's life? Of course organ donation has to be a very specific type of death. Shouldn't you try to help others if you can?

5,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

Also my brother died in 2005. He was cremated. I have never really thought about the word or process at all. He had always said if he died he wanted to be cremated. I don't remember if he was an organ donor, but the way he died wouldn't have allowed for it anyway.
I already wanted pizza. Why did you have to mention pizza?!

Invisible Humorist

klein_eine

Also my brother died in 2005. He was cremated. I have never really thought about the word or process at all. He had always said if he died he wanted to be cremated. I don't remember if he was an organ donor, but the way he died wouldn't have allowed for it anyway.

cause mines was huuuugggeeee

Demonic Enabler

17,700 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
I'm not a donor, I just haven't filled out a form yet... and I always figured with my health any organs I have in me must be s**t. Once I get a license I will register as one, because I'm not averse to it. What is my corpse going to do with those organs? Might as well help someone else out.

Shadowy Sleuth

20,750 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hunter 50
i remember when i got my license and told my family that i was an organ donor. they looked at me kinda weird. they are probably under the suspicion that hospital/emts will put you at risk so they can harvest free organs.

the way i see it. if i'm dead i won't be using them so if someone else can, help yourself!

...except my p***s. i don't like the idea of my p***s being utilized after i've expired

Conservative Elder

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Megathread 100
GhostlyMark
I forgot why they hate it but they want me to change that

I forgot why I became an organ donor..I thought it would be cool if my kidneys can be used when I'm dead or something

Discuss
How a ghost is able to give organs.
Are you an organ donor? Why?
If not, why?
Cremation should not be the word to represent burning stuff..sounds too sweet to me
Wanna see the huge pizza I ate?

I am not sure why your parents want to tell you what to do with your body... dead body... but to each its own.

-Yes, I'm an organ donor. Why not? If I'm dead, yet a life can be saved cause my kidney or something survived, awesome.

-Eh... Sure...?

Invisible Humorist

Spherian Angel Grandark
GhostlyMark

I forgot why I became an organ donor..I thought it would be cool if my kidneys can be used when I'm dead or something

Discuss
If not, why?
Cremation should not be the word to represent burning stuff..sounds too sweet to me

I am not sure why your parents want to tell you what to do with your body... dead body... but to each its own.

-Yes, I'm an organ donor. Why not? If I'm dead, yet a life can be saved cause my kidney or something survived, awesome.

-Eh... Sure...?

People have told me it looks nasty and i agree with them

Liberal Receiver

Something looks very wrong with that pepperoni burning_eyes

But then again, not a fan of cooked pepperoni. Uncooked, but smoked, is fine.

Conservative Elder

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Megathread 100
GhostlyMark
Spherian Angel Grandark
GhostlyMark

Discuss
If not, why?

-Eh... Sure...?

People have told me it looks nasty and i agree with them

Can I join the list? Looks like popped blisters. Might trigger someone's trypophobia...

Invisible Humorist

Spherian Angel Grandark

Can I join the list? Looks like popped blisters. Might trigger someone's trypophobia...

Jason0690

Something looks very wrong with that pepperoni burning_eyes

But then again, not a fan of cooked pepperoni. Uncooked, but smoked, is fine.

lol come one guys i ate that and i don't wanna have any nasty thoughts

When i first bought it i thought it was a little mistake but now i know that this is how they prepare s**t...may have to use a different topping

5,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
GhostlyMark
klein_eine

cause mines was huuuugggeeee
I'm finally getting Pizza now.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas