• Popular Thread 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Yuhan Triskelle
═════════════════

Equuleus' Traitor

User Image
"Please tell me, is Fate unchangeable?"

Yuan followed behind Sky as she took the lead outside the fortress. They exited through the back, and as they were walking towards the back, they passed by the tavern where loud banters and merriment of mercenaries could be heard. Yuan managed to peek inside, and in the middle of the merry crowd, he caught a glimpse of Hollie, sitting beside a young man. Yuan decided to leave Hollie for now. After all, the young girl deserves to loosen up and relax, even if it’s for a bit of time, after everything that has happened to them back in Elise Qualia.

As soon as they exited the mercenaries’ lair, Yuan felt the warmth of the sun, poking through his skin. A gentle wind breezed across them, causing the young man to close his eyes and took a deep breath, taking in all the goodness around him. After all, he woke up and still alive; that is something to be commemorated.

The young healer led him through town, walking through the town square where a bazaar was set up. Yuan looked around them, watching those people, oblivious to what is about to happen. If the war comes to pass, what would happen to these people, he thought. War is a terrible thing. It destroys everything that one holds dear.

They soon stopped at a farmer’s stand, and Sky started talking to the man. Yuan watched and listened in on their conversation. He watched at how upbeat Sky was, happily talking to the man who watched out for her. He even saw her blush when the old man talked about settling down, then giving him the look. Their conversation carried on as he just continued to listen in. Eventually, Yuan found out more about the woman and Jessi.

‘So, she doesn’t have her family around anymore…’ he thought to himself as he followed her outside town. Soon, a child came up running to them. Or rather, to Sky, as the child jumped out to hug the healer. He watched at how happy the boy was to see her; he must have missed her so much. Then he shifted his gaze upon the young lady. Somehow, watching her smile the way she did to the child, made Yuan feel calm.

He followed Sky as she entered the house. Soon, they were greeted by the old lady, Oona. The two ladies conversed with each other. After a few minutes of talking and Oona took a seat, Sky sat beside her and started taking out her healing supplies. Soon, a light emanated from the lady, as runes appeared from her body.

“What was that?” was the only thing that Yuan managed to ask, an amazed look on his face.

"Even in their most powerless,
                          Man's existence is never without meaning."

(Ninja, I did my best. Sorry if this will sound lame. sweatdrop Hollie and the other npc's post will follow soon.)

Tenauri's Significant Otter

Loyal Codger

User Image

I t ’ s x n o t x a l r i g h t .
Can’t you hear me as I cry?
I couldn’t let you live ‘cause I didn’t wanna die.

I don’t wanna die, I don’t wanna die, I don’t wanna die.
S o x y o u ’ r e x g o n n a x h a v e x t o .

Today was like any other day to be perfectly honest.

Trouble was, naturally, stirring up in the world around them. As mercenaries’ business was never exactly slow but most days it just wasn’t enough for Pazel. Even if Eleanor told him he needed to slow down. And that was why they were both out walking in the wonderful weather about the bustling town of Crisseia; their current home. This was probably the longest Pazel had ever dared to live in one location before but since he had his wonderful little partner Eleanor, it made things go much smoother. Eleanor was a wonderful sister!

“Paz, pick up the pace. We still have some things to gather up.”

Green eyes blinked as the blond snapped out of whatever daydream he’d been engulfed in. “Ah…right, right. What else do we need?” Pazel asked idly as he glanced at the handfuls of bags he was already carrying. All were of food, herbs, and an assortment of ointments. Based on their current ‘supplies’, Pazel could only guess that Eleanor was preparing for something. What it was, he didn’t know. No clients had stopped by as of late—they all went straight to the fortress for their mercenary needs. Eleanor was a young woman and refused to stay near that sty (as she called it). So she lived elsewhere that was more cleanly and neat and of course Pazel joined her. It just came naturally to him.

“I need more thread and cloth.” Eleanor responded easily as she lead the way through the streets, violet red eyes scanning over people and buildings alike. “I’m not finished with our new sets of clothes and I want to get them done soon.”

Bobbing his head in response, Pazel let out a happy hum. “Aye, aye! Let’s get that and go home. I’m starving!” Granted he knew they didn’t have much in the way of food right now but they did have some bread and dried meats left. Oh and the veggies Eleanor picked up for a steal the other day.

“You can eat after you grind up those herbs for me.”
    Suddenly there was a long, drawn-out whine that caused Eleanor to stop and turn on her heel to face the taller man following behind her. “What?”

“I’m going to waste away at this rate, Elly.” Pazel complained, looking down at the other with a light pout. “I just got back from a small job and the moment I set foot home, you drag me out on errands and shopping. I haven’t had food in nearly a week!” he blinked and straightened a little as he recalled something, “Okay, I lied. I had two thick pieces of bread three days ago. But that doesn’t change the fact that I’m hungry.” Going long periods without food wasn’t uncommon for him when he was working. So long as he found the occasional bit of water, Pazel could last a long time without a meal.

The look on Paz’s face told Eleanor he wasn’t about to drop it, so she caved and nodded. “All right, all right. You have been working hard. So let’s stop and grab a snack and I’ll fix a feast for you tonight, okay?” A little smile curled her lips at the way Pazel’s face lit up. He complained a lot at times but really, she knew he’d be okay a good while longer without food. Pazel was strong like that but he had been working hard for their sake. Eleanor guessed it was time to reward him.

He was rewarded with a plethora of snacks that he expertly juggled along with the other bags he was currently carrying. Munching on the food as Eleanor dragged him about to pick up some other foods to prepare tonight for the so called feast she had promised him.

Location: Streets of Crisseia xxxx Company: Eleanor xxxx Feeling: Content xxxx Thinking: Mm...food.

Devoted Rogue

User Image
"Jessie" Sky
Healer

The woman took the warm cup and began sipping it. Jessie then looked at Yuan who hadn't spoken this entire time. He did how ever ask her what was that. "Assuming you're taking about the runes that showed up on my hands. I have a rain ruin that was um . . . sorta um . . . well . . . it. . . It's hard to explain I guess you could say it's in my blood and dissolved into myself?" She stated trying to explain it without going too much into details. "It enhances my healing spells and it does one other thing but, it's embarrassing so I never us it." She said shaking her head and blushing at the thought of having to try and explain a healing kiss. Her fathers ruin gave him a healing touch but her, she got the lucky draw of a healing kiss.

Oona smiled and gave Jessie a nudge. "I've only ever seen her use it on little kids, I suppose it's more personal with an adult." Oona said softly. "Oona!" Jessie said her face snapping towards the woman. "What can I say, a kiss is a powerful thing." Oona said with a light laugh. Jessie got up and walked over to the kitchen counter and began preparing food. She didn't want to be teased and teasing was the major reason why she like dressing as a boy. She didn't have to get teased about liking a guy and no one ever asked when she would settle down. A mans world was so much different then a womans, both had their equal share of hardships

"I'm sorry Sky, Its just you have to learn to put faith in people other then the very next to none that you have. I'm going to lay down let me know if you need anything." Oona said before walking back to her room. Jessie remained silent for a moment then looked at Yuan. "So tell me a little about yourself? Or we can play 20 questions about each other?" She said looking at him for a few seconds before looking back at the vegetables she was cutting. "Or you can tell me what is on your mind. You've been so quite." She said trying to get a conversation started with the man.
Callista Cirilla
It's alright

Dangerous Defender

7,625 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200
User Image
Felix Bosch
Der Fuhrer of the Cartel of the Silver Moon

Mood: Neutral
Company: Misc. Mercenaries; Zephyriah

As Felix stood at the head of the room, sipping on his mug of ale, his mind wandered. Everyone in the fortress now knew of the apparent Regalian attack on a group of Equuleus forces. Motives for the attack were as plentiful as the renditions of exactly how the battle had gone, and who had truly won. The only consistent portion was that a single Equuleus soldier had survived the attack, only to be branded as a traitor. The reasons for that branding ranged as far as other rumors again, but the basic fact never changed. However a steady description of the man never seemed to remain consistent.

It was then, during that moment where Felix was lost in thought, that something hard his his chest, followed by a cold liquid splashing over him, most landing on his vest. The good thing about leather was that liquids generally ran off of it. Opening his eyes and downing the rest of his own mug, Felix flecked the remaining amount of alcohol off of his vest and wiped his hands off on his pants. What good mercenary did not smell like beer? Well...the answer was none, as long as they were on their own off time. Still, Felix never cared for the bath of beer. Looking towards the direction from which the mug had come, Felix's eyes narrowed.

By the look on the man's face, and the way the mercenaries around him looked from the man and then to Felix, it was fairly obvious who had thrown the mug. Walking the few strides over to Zeph's table, Felix pushed two mercenaries out of the way and stood at the table for a moment before taking a seat across from the man known as 'The Wraith.' Allegedly immortal, and so far holding on to that title, the man now sitting in front of Felix had quite the reputation. But he also had something else...the Regalian seal on his coat.

"Zephyraih. Mr. Wraith. Please, do tell. Do I look that thirsty? Or maybe just that stupid. No? That cannot be it. I trust you at least played for that mug, though I don't really care if you did or did not. Not like threatening to kill you over wasted beer or failure to pay will do much good. But immortality has its curses, as I'm sure you know. I wouldn't know."

Pausing from speaking for a moment, Felix ran a hand through his hair and looked around, his cold gray eyes looked around the large room. For a moment his eyes lingered on a group of mercenaries that had begun to fight before moving back to look at Zeph. So long as the fight stayed between those few Felix would not care. They were not of the Cartel anyway. And a good fight cleared the mind from time to time.

"So. I hear that the Regalians attacked Equuleus not that long ago. With only one survivor. Hmmmm. Quite the skilled attack. I've never found a Regalian that was just a push over. Any thoughts on what happened....Wraith?"

~ O.O.C. ~
Sorry for taking so long to post. Had two big tests today (stated the exit exam for German and had a formal logic test) that I had to study for.

Xx Wraith Of Darkness xX

chadz25's Queen

Aged Gaian

8,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Hollie

Servant of the house of Triskelle

User Image

"I’ll do anything necessary to protect you!"

"You're that Triskelle boy's servant. "

Hollie tensed up when the man spoke, referring to her as the Triskelle boy’s servant. Not that she was hurt by being called a servant since she’s actually a servant, but the mention of her master’s name was enough to alarm the girl. She moved back a little, sliding to her side and kept her gaze at Zephyriah. She examined the look on his face; will he be a threat or is he a friend? She really couldn’t tell. After all, not everyone was keen to the idea of having an Equuleus soldier around. That’s when she noticed the Regalian seal on his coat. It caused Hollie to move further back. The guy wasn’t just any mercenary; he’s one of Regalia’s!

When she was about to get up from her seat and away from the man, he spoke up once again, telling her to enjoy. At least for now. He glanced back to her, his eyes meeting her gaze as he introduced himself as Zephyriah Raevos. Hollie wasn’t able to budge as she looked into his eerie glowing blue eyes. It was as if she was being sucked in by those eyes. “I…. I…” she muttered, stuttering, her gaze still upon the man. “H – Hollie…” she managed to introduce herself. Unknowingly, Hollie was moving back closer to the man, to her original position: beside him.

‘What beautiful eyes…’ she thought to herself. Unbeknownst to her, she had extended a hand as if to touch him. She snapped out of what seemed to be a trance when she heard the room suddenly became loud. Hollie immediately caught sight of her extended hand and pondered to herself what was she doing. Realizing what she meant to do earlier, the girl quickly turned her back to Zephyriah, her face in a crimson hue. ‘What the heck am I doing?!’ she scolded herself, oblivious to the commotion that was happening then.

It didn’t take that long when two mercenaries were shove next to them, and then appeared another man. The newcomer was looking beside her, and Hollie quickly glanced behind her to see who he was looking at. Ah, but of course. She was sitting right next to the man known as Wraith! She glanced back to the man and Zephyriah and back, not really sure what was happening.

‘Uh – oh,’ she whispered to herself as the man took a seat right across Zephyriah. ‘This… looks… bad…’

~~~~

Weir walked back to the Mercenary Fortress after meeting with Keiyo. ‘That takes care of Keiyo,’ he thought to himself, as he continued walking towards their headquarters. All that’s left for him now is to get Felix and Zephyriah. Although Wraith wasn’t entirely on their ranks anymore, he was still considered as one of them.

As soon as he got back to the fortress, he saw Keiyo heading to his quarters. “Keiyo, Haine’s in her office,” he exclaimed at him, hoping that the man heard him. It was something that he forgot to tell him earlier. Weir mentally slapped his face. Perhaps the threat of a possible war is taking a huge toll on himself that he forgets things here and there?

“This is just sad,” he whispered to himself as he made his way towards the tavern where he can find Zephyriah, and possibly Felix.

chadz25's Queen

Aged Gaian

8,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Yana Zerase
═════════════════════
Immortal Witch of Equuleus
═════════════════════

"Fate isn't something to be accepted..."

User Image
It was just like any ordinary days in the town of Crisseia that lies to the east of Elise Qualia, on the Caelum region. Most likely, some of them haven’t heard of the attack on the Dragon Brigade, but there were some people who had been talking about it in town. The local newspaper boy was also running around and handing out newspaper to keep the locals informed. However, only a few actually cared of what was happening around them. After all, Crisseia is a laid back town.

But that would all change that day, when suddenly, a teleportation circle appeared in the middle of the town square. Curious onlookers stopped on their tracks as they glanced at the teleportation circle. Soon enough, the Equuleus Witch appeared. Crisseia was graced upon the visit of their court magician.

“Hello, our dear people of Crisseia!” the young lady chimed, waving a hand to the people. “I apologize for just coming in all of a sudden,” she stated, letting out a sheepish grin.

“Lady Yana!” a young boy called out as he ran out of the crowd and rushed towards the Equuleus Witch. “Lady Yana! It’s nice to see you, milady!” he chirped, smiling at the girl. The people soon flocked together and around the young lady.

Aside from being the known as the Immortal Witch of Equuleus, Yana Zerase is also known as the Court Magician of Equuleus. The people love her for her sunny disposition and undying commitment to the holy kingdom. Even before she came into the ranks of the Equuleus army, she was known to help and protect their people. Their people adore her, however, when she's on the battlefield, she is know to show no mercy for their enemies.

A group of soldiers soon then came and rushed towards the young lady. “Milady Zerase! We were not informed of your arrival. Have you informed us, we could have prepared a better…”

“There is no need for that,” she said, cutting the soldier off his words. “I came here on my own accord. I’m here to visit and buy some snacks, before we move out.”

“Move out? Are you going somewhere, milady?” one asked.

“Lady Yana! We just read on the newspaper that the Dragon Brigade was massacred the other night! Is that true?”

So, her assumptions were right. The news of the Dragon Brigade’s massacre had just reached town. Yana looked at everyone around her; those people were still oblivious of what was happening. Regalia has declared a war, and these innocent people will suffer if they don’t do anything. There was a brief pause on Yana’s part before she turned to everyone. “Yes,” she said in response, eliciting a shocked response from the crowd. “Regalia has declared a war upon us, and one of our soldiers betrayed us. But, rest assure that we’ll do anything to protect you.”

The crowd, relieved and assured, cheered as they wish their court magician well and good luck. The commotion in the square caused by the Equuleus Witch would definitely pull curious onlookers around.

"It is something to be grasped by one's own hands."

Sonpi-Chan

(Sonpi, this is the best I can come up with for now. Sorry for the lame post, I just had an unfortunate event earlier that threw me off. )

chadz25's Queen

Aged Gaian

8,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Yuan Triskelle
═════════════════

Equuleus' Traitor

User Image

Yuan listened in as Sky explained her rune. A rain ruin, she say. A rune that allows her to enhance her healing spells. Yuan glanced at the woman who was drinking the cup of medicine that Sky made, and she looked quite relieved and better now than they first met. He glanced back at Sky when she spoke about the other thing that her rune can do, cut herself off, leaving Yuan curious as to what it could be.

“What is it?” he inquired, to which the old woman took the chance of responding by smiling at Sky and giving her a nudge. The woman said something about it being used on little kids. Yuan’s brows furrowed, his curiosity growing even more. Usually, he would just let go of the matter and it was unlikely of him to pry more than he has already. Was he really prying? No, he was just merely curious as to Sky’s rune. He had studied and used a few common runes, but he still had a fascination with rare runes.

One of those fascination was the rune that the Immortal Witch of Equuleus possess.

When Oona spoke of a kiss, Yuan let out a scoff. Not that he find it funny, but rather, he was fascinated by the way Sky reacted. ‘How innocent,’ he thought, clenching a fist and covering over his mouth as if to suppress anymore laughter. He find Sky’s innocence refreshing, and at the same time, charming.

“Me?” he asked, startled by Sky’s sudden inquiry about what is on his mind. Had he been quiet the whole time? Perhaps. She wouldn’t say that if he hadn’t now, would she? “I’m sorry. I was just thinking about some things.” Yes, there were actually a lot on his mind right now. Should he disclose it to her? Thoughts about Equuleus, Lucien, his father. Or what is he supposed to do now that he ran away from Equuleus?

Yuan let out a small sigh before turning his gaze back to Sky, looking into her eyes. “My name is Yuan Triskelle, a soldier of Equuleus’ Dragon Brigade Army,” he said, reintroducing himself to her, a small smile on his face. “My family is of noble birth. My father is a general of Equuleus and my mother,” he paused for a bit, looking down to the floor as recount the stories that his father used to tell him about his mother. Yuan didn’t really grew up with a mother and he never had a chance to meet her actually. “My mother died giving birth to me. My father and Hollie are the only family I have left. But then now…” he stopped, cutting himself off from finishing his words.

‘There is a chance that I’ll face my father in battle someday…’

“Enough about me,” he stated, changing the topic. “You know, madam Oona is right. Don’t you feel like settling down sometime soon? With Jessie, perhaps?”

Devoted Rogue

User Image
"Jessie" Sky
Healer

Jessie shot Yuan a disapproving look, like that of a parent when he started laughing. He covered his mouth but she could still hear him snicker. It was embarrassing, she had never kissed anyone or been kissed so kissing anyone her age would be odd for her. Children were different small things like that held a different meaning to them as a child. She listened to Yuan as he spoke about his family tree and reintroduce himself again before trailing off himself.

She couldn't help but giggle at Yuan when he changed the subject back to her. What he asked was funny to her, even if Jessie was a real person she doubted that they would end up together. "Jessie? I don't think so, he's my cousin, couldn't you see the family resemblance? He's a third cousin but still eeeww." She said wrinkling her nose and shaking her head. She sighed and continued cooking. "No, I'm pretty sure what Old man Tommy said I'll probably grow old alone. I'm not too worried about it though, worrying about something like that is pointless." She said with a shrug and a smile on her face. "Besides, should a woman settle down just because she's a woman? What about you? You're old enough to settle down too. Have you ever thought about settling down and having a family of your own? Well I mean . . .. before all this happened." She asked curiously.

She wiped off her hands and filled 2 glasses with water. She sat at the table next to him and handed him a glass. All there really was left to do was wait for the food to cook. She took a sip and watched him, then looked at the glass. She thought about what he said. The only problem was that she didn't let people get close to her. Sure she thought about settling down but she traveled too much, she didn't feel like she belonged anywhere and with her parents gone she really felt like she didn't have a place in the world. Sure she let one real person into her life but she saw him as a friend she never wanted to lose so she didn't see him that way. She didn't know how to let anyone close it was a fluke that she let one person close. He found out on the road that she was a girl when they got attacked. She made peace with the fact that she probably wouldn't have a family of her own and she was ok with that. There were children that she helped and watched grow year by year, that gave her some sort of gratification.
Callista Cirilla
It's alright

chadz25's Queen

Aged Gaian

8,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Yuan Triskelle
═════════════════

Equuleus' Traitor

User Image

It was true that there was a semblance between Jessi and Sky, but Yuan never imagined that they would be related. As far as he can remember, earlier at the bazaar when they were talking with the old man, he was told that Jessi was a friend. And now she’s telling him that they’re cousins. Yuan furrowed his brows at Sky, examining the girl although inconspicuously so she won’t feel awkward or sort. Was she hiding something? Is there something that she hasn't disclosed yet? But of course, he didn't expect her to disclose everything. After all, they just got acquainted and secrets, it doesn't last forever.

He saw her wrinkle her nose and Yuan noticed a dirt on her face. "No,” he said in response to her first inquiry about a woman settling down. “A fine woman like you would make a good wife.” Yuan then extended a hand to touch her. He reached out for the dirt that was on her face and gently wiped it clean. “There,” he continued, glancing down at the young lady. “All I’m saying is you’ll make a good mother. It suits you better being surrounded with kids.”

And then, there was her second question. A question about him settling down. Yuan leaned back on the table, sitting at the edge as he rested both his hands down upon the table. The Equuleus traitor trailed his sights outside, and watch as the clouds passed by the clouds. Settling down never really crossed his mind. Sure, there were girls after her: nobles and commoners alike, but he never really paid them any attention. Did he disliked women? No. But rather, he had devoted all his time and energy into serving his motherland. He first became a soldier when he was 16 and climbed up the ranks after a few months. With his skills and prowess, he became one of the kingdom’s best soldier. When he was 17, he was granted the honor of becoming the princess’ knight. Ah, yes. He was once the princess Airea’s knight. Personally selected by the princess herself.

“I really haven’t thought about that. And I don’t think I’ll be settling down anytime soon. Not after everything that happened.” That’s right. After the attack on the Dragon Brigade, branded as a traitor, escaping to Regalia’s domain and the advent of a war, settling down was at the bottom of Yuan’s list. “But, if ever the day comes that I get to settle down, I’ll make sure that the world is at peace so they don’t get to suffer. Right now, I just want to protect everyone.”

Yuniepuf 's Princess

Godlike Sex Symbol

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

⒈ ⒉ z e p h y r i a h r a e v o s
THE W R A I T H

WRAITH IS THE COOLESTxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
XXX
Wraith simply sat there, watching as two mercenaries were shoved to the side and another taking their place by plopping down in a chair before him. On the other hand, the girl next to him appeared almost transfixed to his eyes, leaning over just a little as if to gain another look. As if to grant her request, he turned his head towards her.
"A side-effect, Miss Hollie. Runes are strange and wondrous things."
An simple explanation, and yet effective. Zephyriah's glowing eyes were an side effect of the Resurrection rune, as all those affected with the rune often have these eyes. The sad thing was, Wraith hasn't seen another like him for a few years now.

Returning his glowing gaze back to Felix and his obvious distaste for being covered in ale.
"It just happened to hit you. If you hadn't of been standing there, you would not have been hit. However you were and thus were covered."
To Zeph, it seemed obvious enough to him however most don't share his insight. Even if Zephyriah is the cause, he does believe it is the others fault if they are in the line of fire.
"As I do not discuss my missions to the general public, I can answer this. I did not cause nor has the Regalia invaded Equuleus. I can tell you this, what I have seen over there is reason for me to say that the there is something dark and very disturbing in that part of the country. I do not like it, my homeland has rotted at its core."
Again, another very plain explanation. Zephyriah didn't elaborate much, however something cold passed across his eyes as he felt the anger of what his past homeland has become. Yet his face remained relaxed.

Taking an arm, Wraith wrapped it around Hollie and pulled her closer to him. "Besides, this is much better. Wouldn't you say, Miss Hollie?"

WRAITH IS THE COOLESTxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

WOWMEEMEEWOW

Thoughts :; ....
With :; Mercenaries || Hollie || Others
Mood :; Relaxed
Clothes :; Just add a Regalian insignia on coat.
《⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆ ⋯⋯⋯

Devoted Rogue

User Image
"Jessie" Sky
Healer

Jessie blushed when he stated that she would make a good wife. Then leaned away from Yuan when he reached his hand out to wipe the bit of dirt off her face. When his warm hand came in-contact with her skin looked away from him. People didn't usually touch her unless they were children, she was the one who usually did the touching. It was a surprising, warm and tender. It still made her uncomfortable but felt nice. She furrowed her brow and her lips parted slightly confused by a simple gesture. He continued saying that that she'd make a good mother she couldn't help but laugh a little when he stated she seemed suited to be around kids. "You make it sound like I would be a good teacher, or that I should have lots of kids." She said with a giggle. "That isn't going to happen." She stated softly then followed his gaze out the window.

Both remained silent she looked at him when he spoke again this time it was about him settling down. It wasn't surprising that he didn't think about it, men usually didn't think about those things. He then explained why and she nodded, it was a good reason not to want to settle down yet. "Well, when that happens she'll be the lucky one." She stated with a smile.

She sat back in her seat and sighed. "It looks like it's going to be a long time before either of us settle down." She said before taking a sip of water and looking out the window again. It wasn't too long before Christian ran into the house. "Miss Sky you're cookin smells really good." He said stepping up on a stool to wash his hands in the sink. "Is my mommy doing better?" He asked drying his hands then walking over to her and crawling up on her lap. Jessie smiled and wrapped her arms around him. "Yes, she is doing better, she's sleeping now." She said kissing the top of the boys head. Christian smiled and showed her a large cut on his hand. "Can you kiss my boo-boo? It really hurts." He said looking at the 2 day old cut. Jessie took his hand and touched it softly, the just sat there watching. "Oh, it'll be fine, I can't go kissing you every time you fall down. If I did you'll get soft skin. You need working hands, like your father. Rough, yet loving." She said pulling out something from her bag. She opened up a jar and put a red paste on her finger. "No. a magic kiss, not dragons blood." The boy complained. "It needs to heal on its own, you won't loose a hand from it healing." She said, as he continued to complain about it. "Fine." He said sliding off her lap then held out his hand. She smeared it on his cut and wiped the rest on a cloth before wrapping it. "I'm going to play with Toby call me when lunch is done please." He said then took off. She smiled and shook her head then sighed.

She got up and walked over to the stove before giving the stew a stir. "I don't know what you're talking about, I would be both terrible mother and an god awful wife. I pity the poor fool who gets stuck with me." She stated with a smile before changing the subject. "What are you planning on doing now that war is coming? Are you going to go charging head first into battle?" She asked curiously.

Callista Cirilla
It's alright

Tenauri's Significant Otter

Loyal Codger

User Image

I t ’ s x n o t x a l r i g h t .
Can’t you hear me as I cry?
I couldn’t let you live ‘cause I didn’t wanna die.

I don’t wanna die, I don’t wanna die, I don’t wanna die.
S o x y o u ’ r e x g o n n a x h a v e x t o .

The sudden stir in the crowd certainly drew Pazel’s attention. Before he could even begin to question just who or what was causing the sudden stir, it became apparent. A soft but strong voice called out over the gathering people. “‘Lady Yana’?” Pazel repeated, looking to Eleanor. The small woman didn’t appear to be remotely concerned as of yet but he just knew her mind was working away.

“Yana Zerase,” Eleanor responded as she bagged some veggies and handed the money to the vendor. “You, I bet, would know her better by the title of ‘The Immortal Wich of Equuleus’.” she looked up at her blond companion, seeing recognition register in his eyes as he nodded and looked back towards the crowd. Pazel hardly took the time to remember individuals unless they struck some kind of chord with him. He’d never dealt with this woman before so of course he wouldn’t recognize her beyond her title.

Together they moved closer to hear what the woman had to say. It could be interesting or important—well, considering she was here, that could only mean it was important. Usually the town had a warning of when she would arrive. Eleanor was certain that no such information had been passed around. The only information circulating at the moment was talk of the Dragon Brigade’s decimation and how it was Regalia’s fault. Or something along those lines. The story tended to vary depending on who you were speaking to. Word that traveled along the grapevine wasn’t exactly the most accurate or something to be trusted as pure truth.

“War, huh?” Pazel murmured in light amusement. “Guess that means we’ll be living on easy street for a while.” he joked with a soft laugh. There would be no end to the potential clients if war truly did break out. Maybe they could even make bank and live peacefully for some time to come! That was a wonderful thought. “What do you think, Elly?”

“It smells.” came the petite woman’s reply as she handed an apple to Pazel, the blond biting into it with a happy hum. “But you do have a point. If war breaks out, I’m sure we’ll be working a lot. I’ll have to adjust my previous plans then.” she shifted the bags in her grasp a bit and forced them into Pazel’s grasp, making him huff and pout a bit. Despite that he stayed put with all of their goods, munching on his apple. “Stay.” she added before weaving her way through the crowd and closer towards Yana. She wanted to see this woman firsthand and judge if her words were truth. As a mercenary and informant, you had to take everything you learned from the mouth of another with a little grain of salt and suspicion.

Location: Streets of Crisseia xxxx Company: Eleanor | Yana xxxx Feeling: Curious xxxx Thinking: Interesting...

Lightbringer

User Image

Keiyo Arzech
The Demon

« The Mercenary Fortress »

As the mercenary left his quarters, he heard the call of his name and an addendum to what Weir had said earlier. Haine's office. Keiyo hadn't been here as long as some of the other sell-swords, though it was a business with a rather high turnover to begin with, but long enough to be recognized and, to some degree, understood. If there was one thing that could be said about the quiet man, it was that he was very good at gathering information, whether he was supposed to or not. He stalked through the corridors to Haine's door, gave two slow, solid knocks, then allowed himself in, assuming there was no reason for him to stay out.

The man never went out of his way to announce himself. He would offer the courtesy of knocking on doors, ringing bells, or something of the sort, but otherwise he would wait silently until called upon. If not for that, and lacking any discernible urgency, he would linger for well over an hour. He wouldn't utter 'excuse me' or clear his throat, even if he was standing in front of the person he was looking for. Despite his vicious skill set, some wondered if he had suffered a blow to the head. No one was that quiet. No normal person, at least.

Dangerous Defender

7,625 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200
User Image
Felix Bosch
Der Fuhrer of the Cartel of the Silver Moon

Mood: Curious
Company: Zephyriah; Hollie

Chuckling slightly at Zeph's answer to Felix's very simple question, the man shook his head before running a hand calmly through his black hair. So the ale incident was his own fault somehow was it? Not that it was that serious, however it was worth pointing out the error in Zeph's train of thought.

"I see. So it had nothing to do with the fact that you failed to observe your surroundings, know the trajectory of your projectile, and take into account a stationary person who had been in that specific spot, unmoving, before you even grabbed the mug of ale. Just making sure I understand fully. Us rouge mercenaries can be so foolish."

Despite the sarcasm in his voice, Felix was definitely far from angry, or really even annoyed for that matter. Trivial things did not bother the man. If the did, he would have never survived to this day, much less attained his position within the Cartel. Soon, however, the tone of the conversation changed, at least for Felix. Listening as Zeph commented in the events between the Regalian forces and the Equuleus forces, Felix ignored the almost insult that preceded any true comment. Felix often though of Zeph as full of himself, almost to the point of being a spoiled brat. Still, he was an exceptional mercenary, wherever he allegiance seemed to lay. Still, Felix listened and nodded at the end of the Wraith's commentary, catching the brief flash of anger in the man's eyes.

Shrugging, Felix looked around the room. Restlessness was starting to settle in again and it was time to do....something.
"Interesting. Hopefully that survivor is willing to shed his insight with the right people. But I would agree. Something is brewing, though I'm sure you sense it more than I. I'm kept further out of the loop that most would expect recently."

~ O.O.C. ~

Xx Wraith Of Darkness xX

Callista Cirilla

chadz25's Queen

Aged Gaian

8,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Yuan Triskelle
═════════════════

Equuleus' Traitor

User Image

Yuan let out a light laugh when Sky spoke about her being a teacher. A lady like her surrounded by kids, teaching them about the world and stuff, well, that is not such a bad idea after all.

The kid, Christian soon came in, asking about the food that Sky was preparing for them. He soon asked how his mother was doing, and Yuan saw the worried look on his face. The boy must have loved his mother so much. Ah, but of course. What kid does not love their own mother, right? It reminded Yuan of his own mother. He had only heard stories about her from his father. In a way, he only met his mother through his father’s stories. He had always longed for his mother. Then he wondered: if his mother was alive, would he be experiencing all of this? Would she let him be a soldier? How would she feel now that her son was branded a traitor to Equuleus?

He snapped out of his thoughts when Sky spoke. He glanced back up to her and found Christian gone. Yuan scratched the back of his; he had been dozing off and letting his mind wonder most of the time. He took a few minutes of silence, thinking about what was just asked of him. What should he do now? Should he really go up against Equuleus? How could he possibly get back to Equuleus?

“Honestly, I don’t know what I’m supposed to do right now,” he responded. “But if Equuleus is to cross that border and charge into Regalia, I am pretty sure that they’ll attack this place first. This place is in his way, and he will not hesitate to destroy it.”

And if that happens, they should probably start evacuating the townspeople. Yuan fared his eyes towards Oona’s room, seeing the old woman resting. Then he glanced back outside at the children playing. These people will be caught up in a war. More blood will be spilled, and dreams will be destroyed. The only thing that he could do is to do his best to protect them.

“It’s almost time for me to go back, milady. I would like to wait for Jessi, but I have something I need to do.”

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas