Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Giver

28,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
I don't know how to choose! I'm currently downloading the demo which is like an early birthday present. I'm so excited!! I love Kyogre but Groudon can be a beast. I already have both, 6IV'd and a Shiny Groudon but with Mega getting involved it changes the playing field a bit. I'm just so torn.

I really am just about to burst!
If it were a choice between the two Pokémon themselves, I would choose Kyogre. Water has always been one of my favorite types and I have rather fond memories of Kyogre.

However, if we were talking about their primal forms, I think Primal Groudon takes the cake. His ability completely blocks out Water-type attacks which is a huge benefit for himself and even more so if used in a mono-Fire double-battle team.

Primal Kyogre, on the other hand, completely blocks out Fire-type attacks, which isn't nearly as exciting. I would suggest that he'd work good on a mono-Grass team, but Grass teams usually function better in the sunlight - maybe a mono-Grass team that doesn't operate with weather, but I don't see that too often. I don't think he provides much benefit for a mono-Water team, to be honest.

Halkio's Princess

Greedy Abductee

Beloved Giver

28,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
MrTripStack
If it were a choice between the two Pokémon themselves, I would choose Kyogre. Water has always been one of my favorite types and I have rather fond memories of Kyogre.

However, if we were talking about their primal forms, I think Primal Groudon takes the cake. His ability completely blocks out Water-type attacks which is a huge benefit for himself and even more so if used in a mono-Fire double-battle team.

Primal Kyogre, on the other hand, completely blocks out Fire-type attacks, which isn't nearly as exciting. I would suggest that he'd work good on a mono-Grass team, but Grass teams usually function better in the sunlight - maybe a mono-Grass team that doesn't operate with weather, but I don't see that too often. I don't think he provides much benefit for a mono-Water team, to be honest.

I guess it just depends on each person's particular style of battling and preferred teams. I generally have a habit of using fire pokemon so Groudon would seem like the logical choice. While Kyogre isn't as exciting I still think I'll end up going with him. = I can probably get a Groudon from a friend but man if I could afford both the games I would.

Dapper Gekko

4,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
It's all about that shiny green Groudon.

But seriously, for actual competitive play, Groudon has an over all better skill to help cover commonly used Pokémon like Excadrill and the like. Kygore's would be more, perhaps, a mono steel team. Even then it would be only good for keeping that Hydro Pump and Hurricane at full power.

Then again though, both Groudon and Kyogre are banned from most competition, so. It's whatever is your favorite. I personally chose OR because I have a shiny Groudon myself and plan on petting it lots in the remakes.
am going for both sense i preoder both so i can get both i like Kyogre shiny version cause it purple and i love purple and am playing Sapphire first once i first get it in my hands
XI--Lana--IX
I guess it just depends on each person's particular style of battling and preferred teams. I generally have a habit of using fire pokemon so Groudon would seem like the logical choice. While Kyogre isn't as exciting I still think I'll end up going with him. = I can probably get a Groudon from a friend but man if I could afford both the games I would.
I only actually need their stones at this point. I already have both Groudon and Kyogre - both of which have been traded up throughout the years from their original GBA games. Those are probably the oldest Pokémon I still have around. I'm still going with Alpha Sapphire as my main version regardless, though, because that was the original version I had back in the day.

I thought about getting both versions myself, but I don't think I will for these games. I usually like to get both versions only when I know it'll be the last game of the generation (an "X/Y2" or "Z", I'm hoping). I was going to get a digital version of X, but I never got around to it - there's still so many other 3DS games I wanna get.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff