Total Votes:[ 36 ]
< 1 2 3

Unbeatable Conversationalist

8,400 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Voter 100
  • First step to fame 200
cynthia_snow
I'm really bummed that I can't use the extra specials in online play even if I decided to start playing online to begin with. No one else I now even has a DS so I guess the only time I'll be able to use them is offline against the AI.
I can understand not wanting to allow badges, but I think allowing the custom specials could add more depth to online play. Nothing wrong with shaking up the tier list a little, if you ask me.

Technically you can. Through friends option. You just have to find someone who's willing to play with customs on.
Hikarulawl
cynthia_snow
I'm really bummed that I can't use the extra specials in online play even if I decided to start playing online to begin with. No one else I now even has a DS so I guess the only time I'll be able to use them is offline against the AI.
I can understand not wanting to allow badges, but I think allowing the custom specials could add more depth to online play. Nothing wrong with shaking up the tier list a little, if you ask me.

Technically you can. Through friends option. You just have to find someone who's willing to play with customs on.
Ahh ok. Guess I should find some friends XD

tityanya's Waifu

Springtime Star

Hikarulawl
Mewlicious Paladin
There are some ridiculously overpowered custom moves, like Link's Power Bow or whatever.
There are also some balanced ones that would make competitive gameplay a lot more interesting.
I think a ban list should be established, and then allow moves that don't get put on said ban list

That's another reason why I'm glad custom moves isn't allowed in the first place. Sure playing with customs would be hell of fun. I'm all for it for the For Fun mode. But For Glory, things will become complicated. There are many characters custom moves that are outrageously OP. And if something like this were to happen; a ban on certain customs would have to be established. Which would opening up yet another can of worms. It would be like Smogon for SSBs.

I wouldn't establish a banlist in for glory or anything. I'd leave that just the way it is. I was just thinking about some potential tournament rules. And it would be really hard to establish something like as bad as smogon for ssb. Even a pretty strict banlist wouldn't eliminate entire strategies and play-styles.

tityanya's Waifu

Springtime Star

Mock Pride
Mewlicious Paladin
There are some ridiculously overpowered custom moves, like Link's Power Bow or whatever.
There are also some balanced ones that would make competitive gameplay a lot more interesting.
I think a ban list should be established, and then allow moves that don't get put on said ban list
But there are standard things that are also considered ridiculously overpowered. Like Rosalina's everything.

If you think banning an entire character is a good idea, that has been done before for brawl tournaments.
There are at least a few other characters on her level though
Mewlicious Paladin
Mock Pride
Mewlicious Paladin
But there are standard things that are also considered ridiculously overpowered. Like Rosalina's everything.

If you think banning an entire character is a good idea, that has been done before for brawl tournaments.
I didn't mean people should ban rosalina. I was saying that people claim she's OP, but people are still able to work around her. I think that generally, the less restrictions the better.

tityanya's Waifu

Springtime Star

Mock Pride
Mewlicious Paladin
Mock Pride
Mewlicious Paladin

I didn't mean people should ban rosalina. I was saying that people claim she's OP, but people are still able to work around her. I think that generally, the less restrictions the better.

A strict banlist wasn't really what I was thinking of either. I try to have that same sort of mindset after trying to get into competitive pokemon and seeing the mess that smogon is. But yeah, I think that there's probably just a few really ridiculous moves that don't really have a place in competitive play.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff