Welcome to Gaia! ::

Evader

Who is your favorite/least favorite character in Tales of Xillia?
I haven't played ToX2 yet, but my favorites are Elize and Milla. My least favorite is Teepo, but I felt sorry for him when I found him after he was captured by Exodus.

I love this series so far. The story is amazing and super long! Which other tales games should I play? I'm debating on graces f, but idk.

Dapper Spotter

Alvin was probably my favorite.

I would personally recommend Vesperia, the cast is mostly likeable and it's pretty good overall.

If you've never played Symphonia, I would also recommend it, probably more so than Vesperia. Be warned though, the battle system is hard to get used to due to a lack of key features that were added to later games. Most notably the free run aspect.

Eloquent Conversationalist

11,325 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Contributor 150
Least Favorite: Ivar. I've yet to play Tales Of Xillia 2 but I'm hoping he's better and less annoying in the sequel.

Favorite(s): Alvin and Rowen. I like Alvin because of his voice actor Matthew Mercer. He's the same guy who does the voice for Leon Kennedy in the most recent Resident Evil game. Alvin's double agent shtick can get annoying though. Rowen just has that intellectual attitude and reminds me of Tanaka from Black Butler the Anime.

Teepo started out annoying but he ended up growing on me. I don't "hate" anyone in the games cast though.

Suggestions for Tales of.... games:

Tales of Symphonia: Chronicles

(Both Symphonia and it's sequel on one disc) only on PS3.

Tales Of the Abyss

(Originally released on the PS2 but it got a re-release on the 3DS.)

(Tales of Graces f (We only got it on the PS3)

Tales Of Vesperia

(Was only localized and released on the Xbox 360. There's a release on the PS3 but the language barrier of it only being in Japanese might stop you.)

Tales of Legendia

(PS2 Only)

Tales of Heart R

(Only on the PS Vita but also compatible with PlayStation TV.)

A downside to the PlayStation TV is that it may never be fully compatible with all of the games on the Vita.

Shepherd Sorey's Partner

Melodious Mage

13,425 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Doggone It! 100
Jude is my favorite out of just the Xillia 1 cast. I don't really hate anyone out of it but, Leia is the bottom of the list. Though the bottom of the barrel really leaps around. I just don't like Leia as much as anyone else.
Actually the bottom switches between Leia, Rowen and Elize. I like them, just not as much as others.

Vesperia and Symphonia are much better to play than Graces f. I'd play Graces f last so you can get ready fro Zestiria next year if you buy it considering they're reusing so much from it (as much as it personally pisses me off). Though it's not as great as any of the other Tales games (Sophie, Cheria and Richard are the only reasons I'd play Graces ever again.)
Also play Tales of the Abyss. Abyss was the game that started me on the series and I'm really glad I started there.

If you want to play Vesperia and don't have/want an XBOX 360, import Vesperia PS3 and use a script. It's worth it and Vesperia PS3 is cheap.

Evader

Reno Takamiya
Least Favorite: Ivar. I've yet to play Tales Of Xillia 2 but I'm hoping he's better and less annoying in the sequel.

Favorite(s): Alvin and Rowen. I like Alvin because of his voice actor Matthew Mercer. He's the same guy who does the voice for Leon Kennedy in the most recent Resident Evil game. Rowen just has that intellectual attitude and reminds me of Tanaka from Black Butler the Anime.

Suggestions for Tales of.... games:
Tales of Symphonia: Chronicles (Both Symphonia and it's sequel on one disc) only on PS3.

Tales Of the Abyss originally released on the PS2 but it got a re-release on the 3DS.

Tales of Graces f

Tales Of Vesperia (Was only localized and released on the Xbox 360) There's a release on the PS3 but the language barrier of being only in Japanese might stop you.

Tales of Legendia (PS2 Only)

Tales of Heart R (Only on the PS Vita but also compatible with PlayStation TV.) A downside to the PlayStation TV is that it may never be fully compatible with all the games on PS Vita.

Omg I completely forgot about Ivar! He's worse than Teepo!

I didn't like Alvin in the beginning, but he is growing on me since he is living up to his part. Rowen on the other hand is a badass with his battlefield experience.

I am looking into symphonia and graces f. Unfortunately I don't have a ps2 or vita. Hopefully they will be put on ps TV? Can I do subs on vesperia

11,325 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Contributor 150
Dollwhore

Tales of Heart R is already compatible with the PS TV. However, the PS TV itself will most likely never be fully compatible with every game that has been released or will be released later on in the Vita's life. You can already do English voices and English subtitles on Tales of Vesperia on the Xbox 360. I'm pretty sure that the Japanese version on the PS3 is Japanese voices and Japanese subtitles only however. Since it was only ever released in Japan and stayed there. If you're interested you can still purchase it since the PS3 is region-free. Tales of Symphonia: Chronicles on the PS3. Allows for both Japanese/English voices and subtitles.

Evader

Mikleo

I just got Leia, so I don't know if i like her or not.

I have a 360, but I am debating if I should sell it because I don't use it enough. Where could I import Vesperia on the ps3? Good thing that I have a 3ds so I can play Abyss. I'll have to wait till next year when I get a ps4 to play the hearts one. I'd like to play them all if I could.

Evader

Reno Takamiya

Is there some sort of list of games that are available on PS TV? I will want to see if it is worth buying when I get a ps4 after tax season.

11,325 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Contributor 150
Dollwhore
Reno Takamiya

Is there some sort of list of games that are available on PS TV? I will want to see if it is worth buying when I get a ps4 after tax season.

Yes. In fact, list of compatible PS Vita games on the PlayStation TV.

Tales of Hearts R will only be on the PS Vita/PS TV.
I don't have a least favourite per se... But Alvin. Oh how I hate how he was handled.

Most favourite? Hmm.. Jude, probably.

My favourite Tales game is Abyss. Graces F has the most fun cast, I think. Especially during the Future arc. They crack me up.

Shepherd Sorey's Partner

Melodious Mage

13,425 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Doggone It! 100
Dollwhore
Mikleo

I just got Leia, so I don't know if i like her or not.

I have a 360, but I am debating if I should sell it because I don't use it enough. Where could I import Vesperia on the ps3? Good thing that I have a 3ds so I can play Abyss. I'll have to wait till next year when I get a ps4 to play the hearts one. I'd like to play them all if I could.

Leia is really a good character. I'm on my 4th Xillia run through and I was considering quitting then I got Leia. Though I still need to go finish it but playing on Unknown is tedious.

Hearts is not PS4 compatible that I know of, considering it was made well before the PS4 existed. As Reno said, it's 100% compatible with Vita TV, which costs $99.99US plus tax and extra for the memory cart or $139 for the Vita TV bundle.

As for Vesperia PS3,
Play-Asia
CD Japan
AmiAmi (This one's on back order)

Omnipresent Fatcat

9,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Pretty much felt nothing towards any of the characters in the first game. They're very forgettable. Millia and Jude were probably my favourites with Leia being the absolute worse. Thankfully, everyone is so much better in the sequel and that game made me love everybody.

Play Graces f so you can experience the s**t story and characters except richard. And don't, absolutely DON'T play dawn of the new world because that is abysmal.

Evader

Reno Takamiya
Dollwhore
Reno Takamiya

Yes. In fact, list of compatible PS Vita games on the PlayStation TV.

Tales of Hearts R will only be on the PS Vita/PS TV.

Don't I need a ps4 to play with the PS TV?

11,325 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Contributor 150
Dollwhore

No. It's a micro-console and all you'll need is the PS TV to play. A PS4 isn't needed for a PlayStation TV to work.

You can, however, also have a PS4 that will allow you to remote-play/stream PS4 games in another room. For example, if your PS4 is downstairs and you don't want to go all the way from where you are upstairs, just stream that PS4 game upstairs from your PS4 that is downstairs.

Evader

Reno Takamiya

Hmm that is actually pretty nifty. Would there be a monthly fee for PS TV?
I may actually just buy the vita again to play sword art and hearts r instead of getting the tv, but idk.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff