Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Which DC movie are you most looking forward to?

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 0.18518518518519 18.5% [ 5 ]
Suicide Squad 0.22222222222222 22.2% [ 6 ]
Wonder Woman 0.25925925925926 25.9% [ 7 ]
Justice League Part One 0.037037037037037 3.7% [ 1 ]
The Flash 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Aquaman 0.074074074074074 7.4% [ 2 ]
Shazam 0.037037037037037 3.7% [ 1 ]
Justice League Part Two 0.074074074074074 7.4% [ 2 ]
Cyborg 0.037037037037037 3.7% [ 1 ]
Green Lantern Corps 0.074074074074074 7.4% [ 2 ]
Total Votes:[ 27 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5

i just finished watching Gotham's final season 1 episode.... whee
Epic.
Indiferent101

honestly, im disappointed... i wanted to see costumes that are atleest similar to the comics and/or cartoons... but idk it kinda looks like a bunch of thugs... i dont really like what DC is doing... i mean first batmans suit now this.... idk... .-.

Wait, what? The new Batman suit is the best one out of all the cinematic Batman suits, and it's the closest one to the comics too.
Captain Talavar
Indiferent101

honestly, im disappointed... i wanted to see costumes that are atleest similar to the comics and/or cartoons... but idk it kinda looks like a bunch of thugs... i dont really like what DC is doing... i mean first batmans suit now this.... idk... .-.

Wait, what? The new Batman suit is the best one out of all the cinematic Batman suits, and it's the closest one to the comics too.

well i get what ur saying but... idk if its the actor or the suit he just looks a bit too "big" u know?...
i've been also seeing more into the suicide squad film... i can kinda understand that they want to make something diferent but, its just idk.... and harley quin.... one of my fav character's i dont really like the blue and the american flag kinda costume... i think its too 4th of july kinda.... but if the actor kills her roll, i think ill grow to like it.... also have u seen the jockers costume?... its... .-.

Questing Alchemist

39,425 Points
  • Exciting Experiment 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Master Converter 500
Indiferent101
Captain Talavar
Indiferent101

well i get what ur saying but... idk if its the actor or the suit he just looks a bit too "big" u know?...
i've been also seeing more into the suicide squad film... i can kinda understand that they want to make something diferent but, its just idk.... and harley quin.... one of my fav character's i dont really like the blue and the american flag kinda costume... i think its too 4th of july kinda.... but if the actor kills her roll, i think ill grow to like it.... also have u seen the jockers costume?... its... .-.

Batman's costume is like that in the Dark Knight Returns comic. It's bulky because he's basically uparmored to fight Superman. To power the suit, he uses the Gotham electrical power grid. (And if you don't like this, you really won't like what the new Batman costume looks like post-Convergence.)

I agree with you on Harley Quinn. At the very least they should have kept to the color scheme, or at least had a nod to the original character design--color her twintails red and black, or give her a diamonds tattoo reminiscent of the Harlequin symbol.

I've heard rumors that all the tattoos that were in the pic will not actually be in the movie. I will say that I'm hopeful that Leto will make the Joker his own just like Ledger, Nicholson, and Romero.
Urd Tanzanite
Indiferent101
Captain Talavar
Indiferent101

Batman's costume is like that in the Dark Knight Returns comic. It's bulky because he's basically uparmored to fight Superman. To power the suit, he uses the Gotham electrical power grid. (And if you don't like this, you really won't like what the new Batman costume looks like post-Convergence.)

I agree with you on Harley Quinn. At the very least they should have kept to the color scheme, or at least had a nod to the original character design--color her twintails red and black, or give her a diamonds tattoo reminiscent of the Harlequin symbol.

I've heard rumors that all the tattoos that were in the pic will not actually be in the movie. I will say that I'm hopeful that Leto will make the Joker his own just like Ledger, Nicholson, and Romero.

~oh i see... whatts the post-convergence? o:
~agree!
~oh really? o: ... i have not seen amovie with leto in i yet... but ive heard alot of positive opinions off him... he seems to be pretty good actor.... i just hope his jocker rocks and does not fail.... i hope he has dark humor to it, and creepy and trickster side to it....

Questing Alchemist

39,425 Points
  • Exciting Experiment 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Master Converter 500
Indiferent101

Convergence was DC's way of rebooting their comic book universe. A lot of characters are getting new costumes and/or changes to their origins/histories. Batman's new costume reminds of that movie that was in the theaters briefly, Chappie, or our very own Easter Bunny. It's a mechsuit with what look like ear antennae. I've only seen the back of it though.
Urd Tanzanite
Indiferent101

Convergence was DC's way of rebooting their comic book universe. A lot of characters are getting new costumes and/or changes to their origins/histories. Batman's new costume reminds of that movie that was in the theaters briefly, Chappie, or our very own Easter Bunny. It's a mechsuit with what look like ear antennae. I've only seen the back of it though.

Not quite. As DC moves their headquarters from the east coast over to the west coast, which is a two month process I guess, they need something to put out. Convergence is the answer. Basically it's all the non-New 52 universes colliding courtesy some crazy powerful new version of Brainiac.

That's right, the main DCU, being the New 52 world, is basically untouched by this event. The new Batman costume isn't about any kind of reboot, it's about the fact that Bruce Wayne supposedly died along with the Joker deep in the caves under Gotham, and Commissioner Gordon is stepping up to fill in as a Gotham Police-sanctioned Batman.

Long story short, they're not rebooting their universe.
Urd Tanzanite
Indiferent101

oh.... wait i think ive herd of something about that... is the thing were batmans dead, so Gordan takes over and has mecha bunny suit?... or...?
~i still dont like what there doing i mean... changing the stories... why dont they just make new chaaracters?... o-o
Captain Talavar
Urd Tanzanite
Indiferent101

Not quite. As DC moves their headquarters from the east coast over to the west coast, which is a two month process I guess, they need something to put out. Convergence is the answer. Basically it's all the non-New 52 universes colliding courtesy some crazy powerful new version of Brainiac.

That's right, the main DCU, being the New 52 world, is basically untouched by this event. The new Batman costume isn't about any kind of reboot, it's about the fact that Bruce Wayne supposedly died along with the Joker deep in the caves under Gotham, and Commissioner Gordon is stepping up to fill in as a Gotham Police-sanctioned Batman.

yeah the Gordan-batman thing!... So is it basically macking them all in the same universe?... or...?

Questing Alchemist

39,425 Points
  • Exciting Experiment 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Master Converter 500
Captain Talavar
Urd Tanzanite

While I knew about the move, I didn't link it in my head with Convergence.

Okay, I've seen and read your other posts here and there, so you look like the person to ask as I can't find info about this. Justice League Dark, the only DC title I'm reading at this point (as all the others have been cancelled), from my understanding is being cancelled. The solicitations for the month after have Dark Universe. The speculation is that Dark Universe is a continuation of JLD and that the reason for the name change is that Dark Universe is/was(?) also a future project of Guillermo del Toro, who wanted to do a Justice League Dark film (though from what I remember, the title of that was "Heaven Sent" wink . Any info or links you may have would be appreciated.
Urd Tanzanite
Captain Talavar
Urd Tanzanite

While I knew about the move, I didn't link it in my head with Convergence.

Okay, I've seen and read your other posts here and there, so you look like the person to ask as I can't find info about this. Justice League Dark, the only DC title I'm reading at this point (as all the others have been cancelled), from my understanding is being cancelled. The solicitations for the month after have Dark Universe. The speculation is that Dark Universe is a continuation of JLD and that the reason for the name change is that Dark Universe is/was(?) also a future project of Guillermo del Toro, who wanted to do a Justice League Dark film (though from what I remember, the title of that was "Heaven Sent" wink . Any info or links you may have would be appreciated.

1) The movie was known as Heaven Sent at first but it was later referred to as Dark Universe.

2) That is also the name of the new comic series, which is a continuation of JLD. However the comic has been delayed to some time a little later this year. That's not too unusual so I wouldn't be too worried.

Questing Alchemist

39,425 Points
  • Exciting Experiment 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Master Converter 500
Captain Talavar
1) The movie was known as Heaven Sent at first but it was later referred to as Dark Universe.

2) That is also the name of the new comic series, which is a continuation of JLD. However the comic has been delayed to some time a little later this year. That's not too unusual so I wouldn't be too worried.

Thank you very much.
It has been announced that Ben Affleck is set to direct and star in an upcoming Batman movie. Read about it here.

The official logo for Suicide Squad has been released.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

What are your thoughts on the Batman v Superman trailer and the Suicide Squad trailer?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff