Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Prophet

I'm bouncing around different styles but i cant figure out what im best at most...
Latest one i finished...
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

One im working on now...
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
What do you think?
Idk what to think...

Friendly Shapeshifter

you dont have to put so much pressure into having your own style. your art is really nice and cute and as long as you enjoy doing it everything is all right! and its not like when you already have your own style you cant suddenly jump into something else to experiment. i feel like drawing in different styles is important because you are picking up stuff you really like and kind of,,, use it in your style?? sorry if it doesnt make sense

Blessed Seeker

3,550 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Don't worry about style! Just keep painting and experimenting. That's what I do ^_^ But if you must know, I really like the first image and think you could build more on that. But that's only because I love the painting look.

Bloodthirsty Fatcat

Styles form gradually, and it's what you prefer. Give it some time and as you make more drawings and improve, your style will just fall into place. Overtime you'll find out what you like and don't like, add and subtract things and stuff :3

Generous Fatcat

9,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
I pretty much agree with everyone else. I used to stress a lot about a style I felt I had to have and after a while I just gave it up and just did what came to me. Now I feel like I'm getting to know my own art preferences and my art is better for it. Don't worry about what looks better to us. Which way do you enjoy? Experimenting is good! Your art will keep changing as you grow. And who says you can't draw in more than one way? Being flexible is a great thing! smile

O.G. Loiterer

10,375 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Your style is something you're always going to be looking for for a long time. I'm in my last year of college and many of us are still figuring things out and trying new things. Even those in the industry still play around with what their style is. So don't stress out about it. Practice a lot and study anatomy, form, and volume and your style will eventually fall into place.

Blessed Hunter

9,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Don't worry about it. Just have fun and improve. Yesterday I looked through some old sketch book and could see how I came to draw the way I do now, which I didn't do intentionally at the time. Worry about drawing, not a style.
After drawing for 20+ years I've only recently realized I had found my style. It happened and I didn't realize it for a long while until I looked back on some old stuff and realized I still did it.
Keep experimenting. You will naturally gravitate towards what you enjoy most, and your style will be born from it.

Business Strawberry

styles develop naturally (whether you like it or not sometimes haha) you'll continue to learn as long as you continue to draw! don't worry so much, try out lots of new things and figure out what you like best!

Dangerous Creature

You worry about your style now, and soon when you're stuck in one style, you'll soon worry about your style being too fixed and never being able to do anything else.

Point is, don't worry about style.

frantic spark's Senpai

Angelic Unicorn

Would you like some tips on wings?

High-functioning Lunatic

Style is fluid. It depends on how quickly you are doing a piece or your mood or your current supplies.

That same top image you drew, if I drew that, I could probably come up with 3 different 'styles' that I draw that I call:

Doodle: quick very line based, very simplified probably no bigger than 3 inches in length. Friends have said it reminds me of Professor layton in style

Bored doodled: More effort basically Doodle with shading or added detail to feathers, and black and white, with hash or dots as 'different' colors. Friends have said it reminds them of Persona, since I draw the eyes differently now at this point.

EFFORT: Oh god!! I must be either super bored or super enthusiastic or super motivated cause now I'm looking at bird wings on Google and dresses and adding hair lines and texturing and holy s**t I am probably looking at stockings, heels and clothing ornaments etc.

Fluid. Style is fluid.

Also my pen/pencil drawings look completely different if I'm drawing on a dry erase board with marker.
i kind of know what you mean. I kind of have an idea of what I am aiming for, but I dont know for sure. I feel like im getting close to what I want. It can be frustrating

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff