Welcome to Gaia! ::

Original Noob

rinlee

What a lot of idiots don't realize the impact 100$ a month can make, where I live the homeless freeze and die if they cant find shelter.

100 USD can buy like 80 burgers at McDicks to feed 80 ppl, 100 $ is enough to clothe with winter clothing 3-4 people. 100$ if given to a homeless shelter is enough to make 3-5 batches of soup that can feed dozens of people.

For 100$ a month you can give 3 African children an education, give them food so they dont starve and give them clean water and real healthcare. 3 real kids, not imaginary ppl you read in a book about, three REAL people.

Yet people will spend 100$ on making their virtual avi prettyyy and kawaiiiii <3333~~~~ ...........

"Mom, can I have some water... please mom"
"I am sorry Kali but there is none, the well dried up two days ago.... BUT at least xXBlazingHeartFireXx has some nice new hair on her avatar!"

Unstoppable Krampus

DarkFrostedCake

Oh, hush. Donating to those less fortunate is always a nice thing, but nobody is obligated to give their spending money to charity. No matter if they have $20 or $100 or $5000 a month to spare, what gives you the right to criticize a complete stranger for their financial decisions that don't affect you at all? Go volunteer your own time and money to a cause you think is worthwhile and stop shitting on other people for their unrelated personal choices.

User Image

Noob

DarkFrostedCake
rinlee

What a lot of idiots don't realize the impact 100$ a month can make, where I live the homeless freeze and die if they cant find shelter.

100 USD can buy like 80 burgers at McDicks to feed 80 ppl, 100 $ is enough to clothe with winter clothing 3-4 people. 100$ if given to a homeless shelter is enough to make 3-5 batches of soup that can feed dozens of people.

For 100$ a month you can give 3 African children an education, give them food so they dont starve and give them clean water and real healthcare. 3 real kids, not imaginary ppl you read in a book about, three REAL people.

Yet people will spend 100$ on making their virtual avi prettyyy and kawaiiiii <3333~~~~ ...........

"Mom, can I have some water... please mom"
"I am sorry Kali but there is none, the well dried up two days ago.... BUT at least xXBlazingHeartFireXx has some nice new hair on her avatar!"

i bet you're not saying that when you buy your gadgets and other hobbies entertainment you spend on.. serious though, if that is your argument then you yourself is guilty of it.. I just dont like people use the "starving african kids" as a way to hide their insecurities that people can spend money as they pleased.

Original Survivor

I just love the 'mere' part, its just... emotion_facepalm

Stellar Succubus

It's reasonable for those who might already be spending that much. Not for me. I don't want to look. I'm limiting myself to no more than $30 a month, and that's only if they release something I really want ^_^

A Hoarder

21,525 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I think that is pretty silly, but I'm not surprised that they have done this. I think anyone that's spends that much a month on Gaia is foolish anyway. It really doesn't matter though, I'm sure some users will take advantage of this, even if its not the best deal..

O.G. Gaian

26,090 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
personally I don't think Gaia is worth the asking price at this point.

Omnipresent Rabbit

30,750 Points
  • Energy Harvester 150
  • Married 100
  • Striking Knight 150
I feel that it is a ripoff. Considering that if you watch for sales you can actually make that extra cash and gold and then some in a month. And $100 dollars better get you into verge and keep you there forever. And whatever you put the cash into is going to net you more than 2.5 bil (that will feel like chump change).

You are better off waiting until something you like comes out and there's a sale like this one then spend that $100 (which technically would still be $75). Oh you want that extra $25 in extra GC worth, well right now $125 in GC costs $95 (which I still think is crazy but cheaper and less of a nuisance than AC). The lower tiers of auto subscribe are even more so a joke.

And saying 'mere' is probably the ignorance of living in California I bet. I hear it's rather expensive there (still no excuse).

I live in the Northeast it isn't a 'mere' $100 that's almost a paycheck for some part timers up here. For a full timer like me that's like asking for half my paycheck (Not happening Gaia).

Still if someone is up for wasting their money who am I to stop them? But I still feel Auto Cash really doesn't have much perks going for it.

Filipino Marshmallow

53,500 Points
  • Gaia Merch Box Achievement 500
  • ⋆⋆⋆ Proud to be Pinoy! ⋆⋆⋆ 500
  • Gaia Artist Alley Box Achievement 500
It should have been at least 50.. :/ 100 is just too much.. :"<

Tiny Chibis's Partner In Crime

God Eater

While I can't personally justify spending that much on Gaia a month myself I barely spend $10, some people can. And if they can it isn't our place to tell them what people can and can't do with their own money. Lets not be the money police guys.

Anyway I don't know how to feel about the option. I've never used the autocash option, I just buy as much as I need when I have the funds individually. I never knew about the gold thing until I looked at it. I guess access to verge is alright....if Verge was worthwhile to be in...

User Image

Beloved Fairy

34,050 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
I'm kind of confused as to why so many are focusing on the "mere". Like, if it's not "mere" to you, then that's okay! I really don't think it's some conspiracy to make everyone feel left out, it's a feature available if you are the person who spends that much a month. You don't have to use the option. sweatdrop It's like whenever Gaia releases those super expensive bundles and everyone gets so up in arms about it-- nobody's saying you have to buy one. It's okay to have other priorities. Really.

Handsome Destroyer

...I think a significant number of people in this thread are taking the wording of this too personally. It's obvious that, like every other F2P game, Gaia has a number of "whales" out there who are dropping big bucks every month. This AutoCash package is likely a response to their observed spending habits. It's the same as the custom Cash amount that got added what, a month ago or so.

You wish you had that kind of scratch so you could spend it on something else? Sure, and I wish I had a couple of Egret IIs, boards of my favorite shooting games and a house in a nice neighborhood to put my little arcade in. We all want s**t we don't have. blaugh

The thing worth pointing out has also already been pointed out in the thread: your money will go farther if you're observant and buy cash during sales and/or when other special perks are available. But those 100-pack gold gens with the "open all at once" convenience fee tacked on went so well that now every multipack gold gen is marketed the same way. (I don't track them, so I don't know if the costs remained the same.) Convenience can be a powerful driver.

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
If you're spending 100 bucks a MONTH on Gaia there is something wrong. You need to turn off the computer and talk to someone because there is no reason to spend that kind of money on items that don't exist. Please, for the sake of your own life, talk to someone. A friend, a family member, a teacher, a therapist, someone. You deserve better than that and I promise you, there is WAY more to life than what's on a computer screen. Go experience it and see how fulfilling it can be.

Beloved Fairy

34,050 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
xx I met my fate xx
If you're spending 100 bucks a MONTH on Gaia there is something wrong. You need to turn off the computer and talk to someone because there is no reason to spend that kind of money on items that don't exist. Please, for the sake of your own life, talk to someone. A friend, a family member, a teacher, a therapist, someone. You deserve better than that and I promise you, there is WAY more to life than what's on a computer screen. Go experience it and see how fulfilling it can be.

I know people who spend 100 bucks a month playing other online games. As well as people who spend that much on booze and weed on any given weekend. I don't believe in telling people they need therapy just because they choose to spend their money how they like, and as with anything, they could be spending it on a lot worse.

However, that said, I will admit that honest addiction to websites like this exists and it's not healthy-- My spending on Gaia is nothing compared to what I used to spend on a different avi site that eventually crashed and burned. And you know what? I own up to it. It's what happened, it was what it was but it entertained me at the time. If someone is suffering to the point where they can't pay bills or eat, then yeah, that's a problem. But I'm not going to lump everyone who spends that much together into that category, I don't think that's fair.

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Knight of Britannia
xx I met my fate xx

I know people who spend 100 bucks a month playing other online games. As well as people who spend that much on booze and weed on any given weekend. I don't believe in telling people they need therapy just because they choose to spend their money how they like, and as with anything, they could be spending it on a lot worse.

However, that said, I will admit that honest addiction to websites like this exists and it's not healthy-- My spending on Gaia is nothing compared to what I used to spend on a different avi site that eventually crashed and burned. And you know what? I own up to it. It's what happened, it was what it was but it entertained me at the time. If someone is suffering to the point where they can't pay bills or eat, then yeah, that's a problem. But I'm not going to lump everyone who spends that much together into that category, I don't think that's fair.

I'm not telling them how to spend their money, I'm telling them it's unhealthy to do so. I have personal experience with that. Back when I was suffering from a severe depression I was spending that much on other sites (not Gaia but similar). I also spent that kind of money here when I was on drugs. Taking fulfillment out of being a shut-in instead of experiencing life is a serious sign that something is wrong. If I had talked to someone back then I would have been better off.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff