Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkling Loverboy

i missed it when it was live, but i read through the answered questions

none of it really reassured me about the future of gaia.

all of the detailed answers were about GC-related things, like tickets, shop prices, club verge, possible new items and projects. staff saying how great user's ideas are, wanting to hear from users about colors and items they'd like to see, give us suggestions!

questions about site functions, future improvements, new features, more gold shop items, crosstitch contests, going easier on the artists, were met with vague things like "Maybe" "not slated for release any time soon" "No set launch date." "chances are 50/50" "in the future" "it would be a low priority issue" or not addressed at all.
someone asked about larger gold shop updates, and the answer was "I can't promise it but we can try to squeeze it in. smile "

the real kicker to me is from the FAQ:
admin
Can you update shop navigation? (ex. Better tabs, tags, and shopping cart?)
This has been on our radar for awhile now! Definitely a strong possibility for the future!

updating site functions should not be just a "strong possibility for the future."
things that should be basic s**t for a smooth-running site. we've been asking for things we were promised years ago (like the inventory arranger). those are the things that should be higher priority. not cash shop s**t. ("There are times when a feature or product actually requires the advance of the manga, in which case it gets very high priority." is that why we're getting manga updates now? so you can push more items onto us????)

there wasn't even a single apology about the current state of the site.

Gaia says it's pushing the cash items to "keep our community going"
but this AtS has done absolutely nothing to reassure me that there even still is a community, let alone that they care about it.

reviali's Waifu

Sparkly Fatcat

27,025 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Team Kitten Star 75
ats is back hurrayyyyy but i agree
in particular, aquariums recieved dodgy answers

but thats wut most of us expected -.-"

seems like their priorities lie in the money

Angelic Elder

19,875 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
User Image

All their answers were shady AF. But then again what else can you expect from people who have dollar signs instead of their eyes?

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
AtS wasn't KIND OF a disappointment. It WAS a disappointment, and a huge one at that. However, most of us knew what was going to happen and we were right. After reading through the posts I'm finally set on not spending another cent on this site.

Rainbow Hoarder

18,325 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Temple Takeover 200
It was actually exactly what I expected it to be; just another hollow bone to throw at us to keep us quiet and in perpetual hope that this site might one day return to greatness. stare

Duremian Demigod

20,375 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200
I wasn't disappointed in their answers. They cant exactly answer things they're working on and have stated that.

I was and still am disappointed in the community as a whole. It seemed like everyone missed Narumi's post that some questions would be missed. And that they couldn't exactly give exact details.

I felt embarrassed. It was embarrassing seeing people act like immature children because they felt that their questions were more important.

I'll always be disappointed in the community more. I hope at the next AtS people know how to be more patient and wait.

Tipsy Bloodsucker

It was what I expected. They gave half answers and refused to talk about the economy, period. It was sad to see that they have essentially abandoned alchemy. I knew it was coming, but it was still really sad. I wish they would be willing to say more about zOMG!.

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
I was disapponted in users bickering in the thread more than anything especially after Narumi said to keep it civil between both staff and users. It just distracted the thread. I was impressed how.civil users kept it towards the staff. I mean the why isn't my question answered was common with the ATA, so I expected it with the ATS. At least the fan what did you eat type of questions were kept to a minimum which didn't happen that much with the ATA. Yes the FAQs and some of the responses didn't really address some issues, but overall ATS I think will work out well. Like someone else did mention before about the ATS, it did feel a little awkward.

Antivan Crow's Waifu

200 DAYS PROTEST. NO AVVIE CHANGE AND CLOTHES TAKEN FROM THE DUMPSTER DIVE AND DAILY CHANCE.

Well I missed the ATS, but I read all the questions and answers and basically, no answers were really given even to straight questions...
So, are you going to update the REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY old Inventory arranger? (example)
Answer: TOP PRIORITY, we WILL DO it, we are GOING TO SEE, being worked on, been WANTING to work with X and so on...

Kinda sad...

Cluttered Gaian

32,525 Points
  • Festive Eye 50
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
I was disappointed in the answers, but also disappointed in users spamming the thread with their same questions over and over. The whole AtS/AtA methodology needs work. I still think they should have a thread one week, let users post questions, then after a set number of days close it and compile a list of topics/questions raised. The 5-10 most frequently asked questions should then be posted in a sticky/Gaia Blog-like post with as detailed of responses as possible. And if they aren't able to be detailed about it, explain why. This last part would not have been necessary months ago, but at this point the community is reluctant to believe anything staff says, especially if it's in a brief, one- to two-line quip.

Angelic Regular

8,400 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Astra Green
I wasn't disappointed in their answers. They cant exactly answer things they're working on and have stated that.

I was and still am disappointed in the community as a whole. It seemed like everyone missed Narumi's post that some questions would be missed. And that they couldn't exactly give exact details.

I felt embarrassed. It was embarrassing seeing people act like immature children because they felt that their questions were more important.

I'll always be disappointed in the community more. I hope at the next AtS people know how to be more patient and wait.

You felt embarrassed of the people who were upset that their questions about the welfare of gaia wasn't answered? I guess you could say that, but not everyone acted like low leveled denizens. And wait for what? Nothing. I'd reckon that I would be upset too if a question about updating a part of a site wasn't answered, yet, "What did you eat today?" was. And civil? Have you seen Gaia?
I'm sorry, but while I disapprove of out of behavior actions, I might just as well be understanding about these user issues. And I doubt people haven't thrown little fits at least once in their life. We are still human.

Romantic Werewolf

15,950 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Threadmaster 200
Sirquo
It was what I expected. They gave half answers and refused to talk about the economy, period. It was sad to see that they have essentially abandoned alchemy. I knew it was coming, but it was still really sad. I wish they would be willing to say more about zOMG!.

Alchemy being abandoned IS sad - honestly, if they really wanted to infuse life into it, just release a RIG that has nothing but rares and fail items used in alchemy. RIG fail items are extinct, this is why the feature sucks.

It sounds like ATS went exactly how I thought it would. I'm waiting to see what happens with zOMG, and that's really it.

Lashtal's Wife

Advanced Punk

22,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Hellraiser 500
I feel like if all they see if negative feedback, they're gonna slam the door on our face again.

I don't know what to say.
The answers were vague, but at least somethings...kind of got answered.
And at least they're talking to us?

No, it sucked.
But I don't want any excuse for them pulling out.

Clockwork Astronomer

I was kinda bothered that they made a FAQ and then wouldn't make any more comments on anything they addressed. The economy should have had a huge, multi-page long discussion all of its own, and instead, we were fed a "it's still okay you guys! We're going to keep doing what we've been doing and it'll all be fine!" statement.
I don't really think Gaia's going to last that long. At least, not the way it used to be. This site is either going to have to go pay to play, or close their doors from having such an angry community. The free community is upset about the constant barrage of GC updates and the lack of pretty much everything else, and Gaia won't focus on anything that won't make them money. I just think it's time they accept becoming a pay to play site and give us free users that final kick in the rear we need to move on to other sites. :T

Brainy Bunny

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
I was half expecting this to be about useless questions, so I was refreshed to see it was about something actually very concerning. I think you're absolutely right - basic site functions shouldn't be a 'maybe' or 'we'll work on it', it should be a standard 'yes' or 'no' (although ideally the answer should always be 'yes' for things like this).

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff