A great series! 0.15384615384615 15.4% [ 2 ]
Boring. 0.076923076923077 7.7% [ 1 ]
Never heard of it. 0.69230769230769 69.2% [ 9 ]
bOInG 0.076923076923077 7.7% [ 1 ]
Total Votes:[ 13 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

User Image

t h e y e a r i s 1 9 9 x User Image

hey hey. i hope you get the references. if you do, i imagine we'll be fast friends.
                        if you don't, well, i strongly urge you to look into playing the mother/earthbound
                        series. i promise you won't regret it. at any rate, you don't have to have any
                        knowledge of the series to participate in... whatever comes from this. i've just
                        been quite inspired by the idea lately and want to make some sort of adventure
                        role play out of it. the problem is that i've only ever really made slice-of-life role
                        plays up until now, so the help will be greatly appreciated.

since i haven't solidified a plot yet, i'm going to hash out all my ideas right here,
                        and the next post will be reserved for potential character roles and what we
                        come up with together. so here's the idea:

a long, long time ago, before any of our characters were ever born, a galactic
                        war took place, with races killing each other to take over planets. earth, being
                        uninhabited by anything worth fighting for, remained safe for the time being,
                        and the war, for the most part, took place in a different galaxy. there was one
                        pacifist race, however, gifted with formidable psychic abilities and the power
                        over illusions, who stood firmly opposed to all of the violence. they tried to be
                        diplomatic and urge their neighbors to stop fighting, but in the end, their land
                        was destroyed. the pacifists were thought to have been wiped out completely,
                        but a handful managed to escape, fleeing to any other planet that would house
                        them. and so many came to earth - the overlooked rock, far away in a distant
                        galaxy, whose human population at the time was only just developing. the
                        pacifists, masters of illusions, disguised themselves to fit in among the humans,
                        and lived peacefully with them for thousands of years. their offspring, however,
                        often possessed their psychic abilities, and before long, psi powers were
                        accepted, albeit rare, talents.

fast forward: the year is 199x (or any year, really, but wouldn't it be fun to
                        play in the 90s?). life on earth seems normal... for the most part. but things
                        have started changing - the weather has grown more violent, people have
                        grown more greedy, and technology has seemingly taken on a life of its own.
                        several cults have popped up around the world, promising happiness to all who
                        commit. although they seem bizarre to outsiders, they have garnered a lot of
                        attention, and won over many followers with material goods and wealth. but
                        certainly they pose no real problem... right?

unbeknownst to the citizens of earth, a great evil force has found the planet -
                        an offspring of the very same evil who had conquered the worlds of that distant
                        galaxy and wiped out the pacifists in mass genocide. this evil has been attracted
                        to the greed growing in the hearts of many earthlings, and upon finding that
                        descendants of the pacific race now live among them, it has become even more
                        bent on destroying earth and finishing what was started all those thousands of
                        years ago. the evil has sought out the leader of the happy cult and enticed him
                        to do his will, giving him new and bizarre items that induce brainwashing. yet
                        still no one has become alarmed that this cult is spreading so rapidly.

no one, except for our heroes. this is a ragtag group of kids (I say "kids," but I
                        think probably anyone from age 15 to 20 would be good) from all around the
                        world who are all descendants of the pacifists, and so they all possess psi powers
                        to varying degrees (anywhere from only telepathy to a vast array of offensive and
                        healing powers - so yes, not everyone is going to be the same). one girl has been
                        seeing the home of her ancient ancestors in her dreams, though without a clue
                        as to what it might mean, or what it even is, and has been hearing the voices
                        of the others without knowing who they are. but somehow she knows who
                        they are, and hones her thoughts to call out to them every night before she
                        sleeps. the others have begun to see her in their dreams, and for now, they
                        have a strange feeling that they must meet, that something important is about
                        to happen.

alright, so this is where i have a problem - i don't know where to go from
                        here that would turn this into a very exciting, thrilling role play for everyone. it's
                        going to be a small group, obviously, but we can include players who want to
                        play the "bad guys," and even those who want to play support characters. i
                        imagine that we'll need an ever-changing cast of characters, and a lot of
                        creativity from the player's end.

what i want to come out of this role play is, not only a thrilling adventure, but
                        a psychological examination of how a group of children, who have never met
                        in their lives, feel about being forced to come together to save the world. i
                        want a lot of the role play to be how they handle being away from home for
                        so long, how they handle terrifying situations - i expect tears, love, anger,
                        heartbreak, and homesickness
                        . whether or not they save the world will be
                        up to us, in the end.

anyway, give me your ideas so we can get this thing moving.

characters ic
User Image

c h a r a c t e r s & p l o t t i n g User Image

so just post in here (or send me a pm, although I prefer that you post) with
                        whether or not you're interested, what sort of character you'd like to play, some
                        of your own ideas, and then some samples. i don't care too much about how
                        much you post. i'm looking more for how creative you are, because if you're
                        not contributing new ideas to the role play, it's going to die pretty quickly.

players

x-tariraritarara-x :: male hero, any support characters needed
                        catastrophes muse :: male and female heroes
                        tqriver :: female hero who dreams of the others
                        toffeeren :: female hero

Pug Queen's Husband

Just want to say I love the Mother/Earthbound series. Earthbound was the first game I beat and now I go back and re-beat it almost every year. I would love to see a RP based on the series and will try to help anyway I can. I will get back to you with any ideas I can come up with, though no promises I am not the best with that sometimes.
            omaly360

Great!
            Yeah, the series is easily one of my favorites, not even because of the gameplay, but because the storyline and the humor are just so good!

Anyway, that's fine if you can't think anything right off. I'm sure that the more people we get, the easier it will be to bounce ideas around. And I think working out the characters will provide us with some direction and plot points, too.

Fashionable Explorer

x-Tariraritarara-x

samples

hey! smile i'm definitely interested in this role-play, and i have two characters i'd like to introduce to the rag tag team of kids! a male and female hero.

as for how to keep this interesting, i'd say we need something to be bent on attacking these kids, or expose the kids to the violence. like maybe they start seeing/hearing the evil work its effect on people, or perhaps they even catch a glimpse of a few monsters. and maybe once the kids are able to see them--when the kids activate their sight or whatever, they are seen, too.

catastrophes muse

Oh fantastic!

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. That the evil force would be bent on attacking the group of kids because it wants all traces of that ancient pacifist race to be destroyed. And then the desire would increase the more the kids started to catch on to what was happening and how to defeat it.

In the game, there are aliens called "starmen" who have come to earth, and so I was thinking for this role play, there could be "starmen" as well, but these creatures are invisible to the normal human eye. Even so, they have powers to drive animals crazy, make machines short-circuit, and to create catastrophes like earthquakes. I had in mind that these would be what the kids think are the primary problem for a while, not realizing that something else is controlling them (the great evil). I think that it would be interesting to explore the idea in the role play when the kids first confront one of these starmen that they're the only ones who can see them, and what they'll do with that information. Surely, normal people would think that they're crazy. (I was also thinking that there could be like one character in the group who doesn't have psi powers at all, so he/she wouldn't see this and would be pretty much fighting an invisible enemy).

I really like the idea of this story being ultimately like a loss of innocence, too. The group is going to see and face many things that they shouldn't at their age. Like violence, death, etc.

Fashionable Explorer

x-Tariraritarara-x
            catastrophes muse

Oh fantastic!

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. That the evil force would be bent on attacking the group of kids because it wants all traces of that ancient pacifist race to be destroyed. And then the desire would increase the more the kids started to catch on to what was happening and how to defeat it.

In the game, there are aliens called "starmen" who have come to earth, and so I was thinking for this role play, there could be "starmen" as well, but these creatures are invisible to the normal human eye. Even so, they have powers to drive animals crazy, make machines short-circuit, and to create catastrophes like earthquakes. I had in mind that these would be what the kids think are the primary problem for a while, not realizing that something else is controlling them (the great evil). I think that it would be interesting to explore the idea in the role play when the kids first confront one of these starmen that they're the only ones who can see them, and what they'll do with that information. Surely, normal people would think that they're crazy. (I was also thinking that there could be like one character in the group who doesn't have psi powers at all, so he/she wouldn't see this and would be pretty much fighting an invisible enemy).

I really like the idea of this story being ultimately like a loss of innocence, too. The group is going to see and face many things that they shouldn't at their age. Like violence, death, etc.

yes i dig it!! seems awesome
            catastrophes muse

Alright, so that makes both of us, and a tentative third person. I figure that we can probably run with the role play once we get 5 or 6 people (and certainly more).

What ideas did you have for your characters?

Fluffy Fatcat

8,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Hrrrrrrrm. MEBBEH.

8D
            elleh belleh

Ahh well, tell me if you decide to join!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff