Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Explorer

Veiss Wynd
Genorah
Grizzly Hippie
Genorah
I can't freaking stand them. I can't tell you how many green weapons and armors I have cause my luck is just terrible. Either that or Destiny hate me. :/ What do you guys think of the Destiny drops? How do you get good ones?
What level are you? you start getting good s**t at level 20

Freaking 23. :/

It can take a while to get out of level 23. You don't get legendary engram drops until level 24-25.
Do you do the strikes? Do the Vanguard strike playlist and earn vanguard marks. 65 of those can get you a legendary armor piece.

You can play by luck or play by earning absolute. Vanguard Marks are absolute. Xur is kind of sort of absolute. You'll eventually earn enough strange coins for exotic gear, and you'll always be earning mote of lights as you gain more exp. Not to mention you can find motes from other places too. Hunt down public events. This place can help.

Once you're high enough, do the Nightfall strike. You may sometimes just get ascended material or strange coins, but every now and then, you will generally get legendaries or exotics.
Level up vanguard rep and rep of the factions. Each level from 3+ earns you free legendaries.

I do strikes and whatnot. As for getting legendary items at a certain level, I call bs. I did a few strikes with some friends and they were level 21-22 at the time and they have legendary items, but the catch was that it wasn't for the class they had. So, I don't even know. I've bought legendary items from my vanguard and that's a given, however obtaining them from missions and stuff is where I get no luck. It's horse s**t.

And it's not even just legendary items. It could be the blue ones (don't remember the name) I've used the same green snipe since I was like 15 and I got my first blue one at 23-24. I'm just REALLY unlucky when it comes to drops. ; w;

RUSHEDELIVERY's Husbando

Aged Fairy

12,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Battle: Level Up 200
Genorah
Veiss Wynd
Genorah
Grizzly Hippie
Genorah
I can't freaking stand them. I can't tell you how many green weapons and armors I have cause my luck is just terrible. Either that or Destiny hate me. :/ What do you guys think of the Destiny drops? How do you get good ones?

It can take a while to get out of level 23. You don't get legendary engram drops until level 24-25.
Do you do the strikes? Do the Vanguard strike playlist and earn vanguard marks. 65 of those can get you a legendary armor piece.

You can play by luck or play by earning absolute. Vanguard Marks are absolute. Xur is kind of sort of absolute. You'll eventually earn enough strange coins for exotic gear, and you'll always be earning mote of lights as you gain more exp. Not to mention you can find motes from other places too. Hunt down public events. This place can help.

Once you're high enough, do the Nightfall strike. You may sometimes just get ascended material or strange coins, but every now and then, you will generally get legendaries or exotics.
Level up vanguard rep and rep of the factions. Each level from 3+ earns you free legendaries.

I do strikes and whatnot. As for getting legendary items at a certain level, I call bs. I did a few strikes with some friends and they were level 21-22 at the time and they have legendary items, but the catch was that it wasn't for the class they had. So, I don't even know. I've bought legendary items from my vanguard and that's a given, however obtaining them from missions and stuff is where I get no luck. It's horse s**t.

And it's not even just legendary items. It could be the blue ones (don't remember the name) I've used the same green snipe since I was like 15 and I got my first blue one at 23-24. I'm just REALLY unlucky when it comes to drops. ; w;

You have my sympathy.

I meant engram drops while killing monsters, not as rewards. Like how you don't get blues till like 18-20+ from monsters. D: Normally anyway!
Is your legendary gear fully leveled yet? My husband was almost in the same boat as you. He was upset that everyone else but him and his brother had to buy their legendary and exotic items. They had no problem getting blue engrams though. That's just really really really weird to hear. Blues are practically like greens over time. I still say get to level 24 for the drops thing (not rewards). Just in case. Maybe it might help.
I don't suppose you've gotten any exotic weapon bounties either?

Friendly Explorer

Veiss Wynd
Genorah
Veiss Wynd
Genorah
Grizzly Hippie
Genorah

You have my sympathy.

I meant engram drops while killing monsters, not as rewards. Like how you don't get blues till like 18-20+ from monsters. D: Normally anyway!
Is your legendary gear fully leveled yet? My husband was almost in the same boat as you. He was upset that everyone else but him and his brother had to buy their legendary and exotic items. They had no problem getting blue engrams though. That's just really really really weird to hear. Blues are practically like greens over time. I still say get to level 24 for the drops thing (not rewards). Just in case. Maybe it might help.
I don't suppose you've gotten any exotic weapon bounties either?

No exotic bounties. Barely any blue drops. I'm level 25 now and nothing has change. My friend has an exotic bounty now actually. It makes me really sad.

RUSHEDELIVERY's Husbando

Aged Fairy

12,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
Genorah

No exotic bounties. Barely any blue drops. I'm level 25 now and nothing has change. My friend has an exotic bounty now actually. It makes me really sad.

If it helps any at all, my friend who never got an exotic bounty got his first one ever at last! At like lvl 28 tho. Yours will come through someday!! biggrin

Here's a bit of cute truthful humor for the cause D:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW9fIKW6v4c&app=desktop

10,825 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Veiss Wynd
Genorah

If it helps any at all, my friend who never got an exotic bounty got his first one ever at last! At like lvl 28 tho. Yours will come through someday!! biggrin

D; but the exotic bounties give trash exotics... I have better legendary weapons then the EB's he give! xD

Hun just save your SC and buy from xur. stupid game and their random loot! shitty person always gets the good s**t. xD

RUSHEDELIVERY's Husbando

Aged Fairy

12,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
I-PandAppleZ-I
Veiss Wynd
Genorah

D; but the exotic bounties give trash exotics... I have better legendary weapons then the EB's he give! xD

Hun just save your SC and buy from xur. stupid game and their random loot! shitty person always gets the good s**t. xD

Yea that is kinda true. I wholeheartedly agree with the exception of the Pocket Infinity. LOVE that weapon, though I don't main it which is sad...

10,825 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Veiss Wynd

Yea that is kinda true. I wholeheartedly agree with the exception of the Pocket Infinity. LOVE that weapon, though I don't main it which is sad...

Its an ok Fusion, but Ill take my Ice Breaker over it. But seriously they need better exotics, most just drop off, only good to get to dismantle.

are you on the X1 or PS4?

RUSHEDELIVERY's Husbando

Aged Fairy

12,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
I-PandAppleZ-I
Veiss Wynd

Its an ok Fusion, but Ill take my Ice Breaker over it. But seriously they need better exotics, most just drop off, only good to get to dismantle.

are you on the X1 or PS4?

Fully leveled, it's a lot of fun to use. I love using fusion rifles in general. I use Light/Beware the most for now since I main Hawkmoon as my exotic.
I think Bungie said that they were gonna fix exotics so that they live up to their title, so lets hope that happens soon! But otherwise, yea, most are just weapon parts fodder.

I'm on PS4, you?

10,825 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Veiss Wynd

Fully leveled, it's a lot of fun to use. I love using fusion rifles in general. I use Light/Beware the most for now since I main Hawkmoon as my exotic.
I think Bungie said that they were gonna fix exotics so that they live up to their title, so lets hope that happens soon! But otherwise, yea, most are just weapon parts fodder.

I'm on PS4, you?

s**t what pissed me off was the nerf on the Vex Metho! Its like... Nerf it for PvP not PvE... bungie said a lot of things, like the nerf on shotguns... bull lol... but I wanna see what they bring to the table in the expansions. Lol All Ps4 People b***h about not getting that gun in raids! Ps4 is lucky to get that gun. xD the other exotic hand cannons are crap! xD

Lol Im a lame X1ner! lol

RUSHEDELIVERY's Husbando

Aged Fairy

12,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
I-PandAppleZ-I
Veiss Wynd

I'm on PS4, you?

s**t what pissed me off was the nerf on the Vex Metho! Its like... Nerf it for PvP not PvE... bungie said a lot of things, like the nerf on shotguns... bull lol... but I wanna see what they bring to the table in the expansions. Lol All Ps4 People b***h about not getting that gun in raids! Ps4 is lucky to get that gun. xD the other exotic hand cannons are crap! xD

Lol Im a lame X1ner! lol

I am sad they nerfed that gun. It's still beautiful, but not as beautiful anymore. I agree, they should have nerfed it only for PVP. Ah well. The shotguns are somewhat different now. At least you can't get sniped by one anymore! Unless you use the Universal Remote I think.
I'm so sosos so curious about the expansion. Crossing my fingers in hopes that it's nice, big and juicy. If expansions end up being pretty full with new content, I wouldn't mind dishing out an extra $30 every half year or so.

Is the vex gun PS4 exclusive? Does that mean that xbox players don't get any special weapon from raid hard mode? That's really lame :U
Hawkmoon handcannon is pretty nice! My brother in law just got The Last Word from the raid this past weekend. It looked amazing. I would love to have that one. Thorn is the only one I don't like. I can't stand only having 6 bullets, and I feel like it handles weird. I haven't finished leveling it up though.

10,825 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Veiss Wynd

I am sad they nerfed that gun. It's still beautiful, but not as beautiful anymore. I agree, they should have nerfed it only for PVP. Ah well. The shotguns are somewhat different now. At least you can't get sniped by one anymore! Unless you use the Universal Remote I think.
I'm so sosos so curious about the expansion. Crossing my fingers in hopes that it's nice, big and juicy. If expansions end up being pretty full with new content, I wouldn't mind dishing out an extra $30 every half year or so.

Is the vex gun PS4 exclusive? Does that mean that xbox players don't get any special weapon from raid hard mode? That's really lame :U
Hawkmoon handcannon is pretty nice! My brother in law just got The Last Word from the raid this past weekend. It looked amazing. I would love to have that one. Thorn is the only one I don't like. I can't stand only having 6 bullets, and I feel like it handles weird. I haven't finished leveling it up though.

Yeah it is, took me like a while to get one. s**t in pvp stupid titans and their shoulder bashing shotgun move is soo annoying. but yeah range took down a bit is nice. but they are still annoying.

Yeah Hawkmoon is a PS4 exclusive... just cause PS paid bungie like a mil or two to make the special edition PS and exclusive Items. Its a rip but ahhh..... D< ILL JUST HAVE TO GOTO Taco Fell and try to be a winner! lol jk. Last word is nice, thorn is good for one thing and one thing only Dismantle for AE!xD I want the Gjallahorn, I didn't buy it the first time it xur had it... like a dumb butt! xD <.< did I spell that weapon wrong... xD
One of the missions u can repeat to get the best drops i heard.

Friendly Explorer

Veiss Wynd
Genorah

Ever since then, I now have a shat ton of exotics. c: It feels so gewd. Huehuehue~

Friendly Explorer

kibashyho
One of the missions u can repeat to get the best drops i heard.

I heard that too, but you have to keep doing it and doing it and that's very tedious.

Smitten Roisterer

literally lol
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
do you have the dark below dlc?
when you do you can do roc strikes
which are a step up from tiger stikes
and have better chances at dropping purple engrams
and sometimes you can get an exotic.
and as most have said doing nightfalls weekly give a good chance
at exotics and saving up those strange coins for xurday
and turning in multiple bounties at a time have a chance for exotic bounties
just keep at it, its grindy I know but eventually RNGesus will bless thee
3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit