Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lightbringer

Closer and closer commencement creeps.

Beloved Kitten

10,825 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
Hmm, Seems I forgot to list Aki's profile...

Lightbringer

♫~♪~♫

Lightbringer

♪~♫~♪

Lightbringer

Next post, the game begins. +_+

Luminous Melody's Princess

Trash Ship

13,875 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • OTP 200
  • Conventioneer 300

Beloved Kitten

10,825 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

Lightbringer

Now begins the real fun - finding out whether I have the skill to keep up. I don't remember the last time that I've done a lit RP. Maybe like a couple years ago.

Enduring Seeker

Almost done with my character... Had a hard time finding an image or two I liked that worked for my concept.... Still need to fight with a bit of a writer's block though.

-Yamazaki

EDIT: character's done! Woot!

Lightbringer

♪~♫~♪

Luminous Melody's Princess

Trash Ship

13,875 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • OTP 200
  • Conventioneer 300
Back on Gaia after a LONG absence (life and such). This REALLY caught my eye. Working on a character as I type this, but I'm sort of wondering something. The Knights and Paladins, is there a separation of skill and rank between them? Or is it more a matter of ideology and Lifeweaving ability? Or both? Not that I want to be "the best Knight/Paladin EVAR." I just want to have some sort of idea of the interaction between the two from a military/organizational standpoint.

Still not sure which I want to build a character from, and so I figured I'd ask here first, rather than make a character who absolutely does not make sense for the group I put him in.

Also, feel free to delete this if I shouldn't be posting in here before having a profile. sweatdrop

Beloved Kitten

10,825 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
ninja-boi92

The differences I've got in mind for the paladins and knights would come down mostly to the powers. Paladins have lifeweaving where knights do not, as such that alone creates a noticeable skill difference. While I'm not inclined to say one is better than the other skill wise, that really comes down to the character and the player.

As for their organization standings, the paladins would be above the knights in the order of things. Knights would be like the cops of Oceria while the Paladins would be judges, but also able to fight.

Lightbringer

If I might toss my own opinion out there, I think knights would 'generally' be better fighters than paladins, given that paladins would need time to focus on their lifeweaving skills.

Enduring Seeker

Takarashi
If I might toss my own opinion out there, I think knights would 'generally' be better fighters than paladins, given that paladins would need time to focus on their lifeweaving skills.

Allow me to throw in some proper D&D nerd'ery into the mix.... (feel free to skip the nerd moment)

For the sake of simplicity (and avoiding all the math involved), I will assume that the knight is effectively a Fighter, in D&D 3.5/Pathfinder terms, meanwhile the paladin, is well, a paladin. So yeah, the paladin would sacrifice some damage and combat potential to gain some magic abilities, such as Lay on Hands (their traditional healing method) and Smite Evil. Meanwhile, the knight (fighter) has the over abundance of feats and access to the full 'weapon focus' feat tree, thus giving him more raw damage bonuses and attack bonuses.

However, this doesn't make one class better than the other in terms of fighting. While yes, the knight would have the raw numbers to out perform the paladin, the the pally could survive longer by healing himself and thus negating that advantage. In a nutshell, the two classes would be about equal, depending on play-style.

Okay, I'm done pulling my D&D knowledge out... I had to. I'm sorry.
Actually I'm not sorry...

On a side note, rolling around a second character idea in my head. Not sure if I'll use 'im yet, though. I'll wait a little while before I write it up, see where things go first.
-Yamazaki

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces