Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Kitten

10,825 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
[OPEN]

Characters should be at/near/on their way to Zouchin, a small town in Kaita that will serve as the first meeting point. They all have their own reasons for being drawn to this town.

Luminous Melody's Princess

Trash Ship

13,875 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • OTP 200
  • Conventioneer 300
User ImageUser Image User Image
Utsuru
Heung-See

ᴛʜᴇ ʙʟᴏᴏʏ ʟᴏᴛᴜs
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
it's more like a lily, than a lotus flower..

• ___ome buildings. Some people. The same sky. The same ground. Some of the same views. Hood pulled over as curtains for the window to her soul, weapon and arms hiding under a cape. Looking left then right, up and down. At the start there was a man leading the way into this village but in seconds he seemed to have disappeared. This way or that way. Over here - no, perhaps there. Minutes or hours, definitely not days. Still, she wasn't sure anymore. Utsuru leaned against a fence before sliding down to sit herself on the dirt. She may as well be frowning at the fact she became separated from her partner somehow. Though, this wasn't the first time she had gotten lost. Everywhere they have gone of course she could never properly find her way around. Unknown places were just that unknown to her.

___umbling thunder. Or a wild stampede. Festival drums? I'm hungry. Utsuru reached out to tug at his arm, however, he was not present. Realizing she was alone made her sad and curl into a tighter ball. While wallowing away in her lonesome she was still cautious of her surroundings. Some birds just flew by. Whispers crawling out of old ladies. Pairs of feet making their way closer to her. They called out. She lifted her head. They got closer. She stood up. They smiled and greeted. She slowly did the same. They crowded around her. She remained in place like a fool. When one of them suddenly touched Utsuru's shoulder she flinched in response then took a step back, only to hit the fence. Her hood began sliding down until her face was clear for them to see. They were shocked. They weren't scared. They were smirking. 'Get more guys' she heard. 'Bring rope' she listened. Knowing her flower was fully exposed and the way they were reacting - she knew they knew. No.. Utsuru bit her lip to distract herself from the stinging coming from her right eye where a strange flower was planted. Her left hand reaching for the blade sheathed at her side. Her right hand stopping herself from taking hold of the hilt.

No.... her inner voice pushing back the other that was trying to break through. Around; a group of men with greedy eyes for the bounty on the lass' head. Utsuru pushed herself against the fence and held her throbbing head. She had no idea what was going on with herself. The unknown was unknown to her, but she knew it wanted to be known again. Travis.. she whimpered.

Beloved Kitten

10,825 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
User Image
Travis Ambers
Stay away from her!

It hadn't been long since He entered town, Already though He was getting weary looks from its inhabitants. He couldn't really blame them of course, Who in their right mind would? He waltzed into town looking like a Talvian, They'd suspect He was one. Well, they weren't wrong. Luckily no one seemed to take his mere presence as a personal affront just yet, allowing him to make his way inwards with his companion. Though it didn't take long for him to break off on his own, intending to leave the girl behind for just a moment as He searched the town for something special...

He figured by now, with the time spent traveling with her, that she'd be in the mood for a little treat.

All he had to do was find a vendor that sold something worthwhile, Then He'd come back to his companion, spring the surprise on her and they'd go look for an inn. Perhaps He'd spot one of those on the way though too? His eyes were kept open for both things, a vendor and an inn perhaps... He'd catch the looks that were thrown his way, He'd see the people sometimes leaning into each other to speak in silent whispers. But it didn't bother him in the least bit. If a situation were to arise, It would be dealt with swiftly and as peacefully as possible. He'd show them He wasn't here to fight, Perhaps explain He was a rebel of the empire, hopefully that'd be that.

Or, perhaps hopefully more so, they wouldn't jump on a man for wearing an armor style... That was unlikely. Eventually his train of thought was broken as His eyes fell on a small shop, a pleasing smell coming from within being the beacon that drew him in. Moving towards the building, He passed through the open doorway to be greeted by the sight of a multitude of treats, freshly baked and by the smell of it, more being baked in some other room. Working the counter of the shop was a small old woman, Taking quick notice of the approaching customer,

She at first offered a smile... But Travis could see the confusion hit her as well when she recognized his armor's style. Quickly Travis shot back a smile of his own, hopefully to disarm any situation that may have risen from his appearance... The older folk were some of the worst of them, mainly for having to live through whatever atrocity his kingdom put them through. Luckily it seemed to work, The woman's caution disappearing as He approached.

" Good day, Ma'am. " He'd say with a small, respectful bow before moving to look over the various foods. " I'm looking for something for my companion... I'm feeling she may be in the mood for something sweet perhaps... Do you have any suggestions? " He asked curiously, His eyes moving back to the woman working the shop as she let out a small chuckle. " Looking to woo a girl, young man? " She asked in reply, This gaining a laugh from Travis himself. " Food does appear to be the way to her heart, Maybe I'll find myself there eventually? " He said with a smile, the woman giving another laugh before moving to retrieve a box of sorts, wrapped neatly to keep whatever was inside set in place.

" Cookies are always a good place to start.. " She said, giving a nod as if agreeing with her own words. Cookies huh? Well... Yes, that should do the trick... He didn't want Utsuru eating too much just yet, More so sweets. She'd have a full meal later in the day, right now this was just a treat for her after their latest journey. " That'll be perfect actually. " He said, again a smile crossing his face as He went to remove a small pouch from his belt, He'd retrieve the gold to pay the woman, glancing to her briefly as if asking what the price would be. She seemed to catch on, informing him of what He needed to know. Once He had paid, He'd move to retrieve the box and making his way off, a nod of his head to the woman as a goodbye. Though... She seemed to still have one more thing to say.

" If you don't mind my asking, What might be with your armor? " And there was the question He knew would eventually come. Oh well, There was no stopping it... Save for perhaps buying some armor that didn't look Talvian made. " Ah... Just a small left over from a past mistake. " He'd reply with a smile, now giving a wave as He left without any further questions. Maybe He should buy different armor? No... He knew that looking Talvian in any of these other nations was a bad sign, but there was still something about the armor that He held onto... IT was important to him.

Figuring his companion would be around the area she was left, Travis retraced his path through the town, box in hand and a smile on his face, He was actually looking forward to seeing if Utsuru was surprised by what He got for her... She did like food after all... It was a curious sight though as He returned to the area... He had found Utsuru alright, but it seemed others had found her as well. Stopping in his tracks at the sight of a group of men surrounding his companion, Travis felt a small pang of anger hit him, a growl coming from him before He regained himself and moved to set the box aside, resting it on a nearby barrel before moving forward to break up this little show.

Pushing his way roughly past one of the men, They seemed to stumble back in confusion and surprise at the man's sudden entrance, placing himself between the group and the girl pressed back against the fence.

" Utsuru. "
He said, his voice devoid of the usual cheer that one who knew him would know. He was serious now, His eyes locked on the group ahead... They had already called for reinforcements before Travis even arrived, but was this about to be a battle? Perhaps it didn't have to be... But if these men knew about Utsuru's bounty, they'd perhaps know of his own as well? Bounty hunters worked that way... Nonetheless, Travis would stand defensively in front of his companion, Hand resting on the hilt of his blade as He stared down the men unflinchingly.

" What moves you make now may determine your fate... Though I suggest if you do not wish to die... You leave. Now. "

He spoke to them directly now, Making it clear to them with a tone that showed no fear of their number advantage... That if they wanted to fight him, They would be the ones to lose. Travis had some of the finest training and many years to further it on his own... No group of money hungry fools would be the end of him... But it'd be such a shame to cause bloodshed already. But if it came to that, so be it...

Travis had given up way more to protect Utsuru from a terrible fate, A small respite from the road would be a small loss in the scheme of it all.

Lightbringer

User Image
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

((Posting layouts are the furthest thing from my specialty, and rarely do I try for anything other than an image. Call this an experiment I suppose.))

As an old saying went, all roads lead to somewhere. For the young doll, without a direction or a purpose, she could not have conceived a better idea than to follow them to whatever ends they would take her to. The path would break here and there and detours would sometimes lead her in circles, but she walked on, undeterred and indifferent. She had all the time in the world to wander, and indeed, she could make it her lifelong endeavor if she felt like it. Journeying from place to place, seeking... something. She truthfully had no idea what she was looking for, if anything. She had been on the road for close to a week now, and she remained as lost and confused as the night she had fled from the only home she had never known.

Traveling was tough, there was no doubt about that. Weather, bandits, wild animals, even the very landscape itself all impeded Evalyn's progress to some degree. For the short span of time she had been 'alive', the most rigorous journey she had ever undertaken beforehand had been when she had been given a tour of her home city, and most of that she experienced from the comfort of a carriage seat. Being a construct rather than a pure, living being, she had a sturdy body that was well up to the task, but the wandering drained on her in a different sense, one that she was anything but prepared for. There were no feather beds, warm fires, or three course meals out in the wild. The loss of these comforts slowed her pace more than anything. She did not really need them by any means, but the enticing nature, the sense of safety and familiarity, those she had a yearning for that she couldn't even properly understand. What was it to feel safe and welcome, truly? It was just another mystery, wrapped in secrecy and buried in the unknown.

Evalyn pulled her lush green cloak tighter around her small frame. Though taken on a whim as she had bolted out the door on that fateful night, this fine piece of cloth had been invaluable during her travels. It fended off the wind and the rain, made her all but invisible in the thicket, and offered the miracle that was pockets to her clothes that lacked them. Everything she had owned had been for the sole purpose of showing her off, never for anything practical. The simple act of being able to carry the foul mushrooms she had grown accustomed to while having her hands free was a blessing like no other. So too did they help conceal her lone firearm, a showpiece more than anything, but her only real means of defense all the same. The joys and wonder that a simple piece of stitching could bring.

After having walked for heaven knows how long, some true relief came in the form of an old sign - 'Welcome to Zouchin'. The first real bit of civilization she had encountered since her escape. A tired sigh passed Evalyn's pale lips and her body slouched forward as the realization hit home that she had, somehow, truly escaped. Everything else had been buildup to this point, where her new 'life' could begin. What wonders waited within these walls? There was only one way to find out. She took another step forward, past the sign and into the town proper.
User Image

The Talvian Prince . . .RRenTTelviaus . . . is going on a witch hunt . .

Th o u g h t s Text for Thoughts M o o d Mood Text
H e i g h t Six Feet and Five InchesW e i g h tOne Hundred and Sixty-Five Pounds
A g e 38 L o c a t i o n Location Text

┎━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━

Horse hooves clattered against the ground as a large brown horse entered into a small village. The horse was covered in green armor and riding on top of the steed of the royal prince himself, Ren Telviaus. He kept a calm expression as he heard whispers from the crowd, questioning why such royalty was in a backwater village like this. Normally, his older siblings would have sent this place to the ground just for pure fun, but Ren didn't find this place a threat and it's people weren't bothering them. Well...that wasn't exactly true.

There were a group of individuals that were in this village that he was particularly interested in. The horse kept on walking until it reached the center of the village. Ren lifted up one leg over the horse as he descend down into the village streets and looked around. A small wind blew and his violet-colored hair swayed with it as the purple orbs on his face glanced around. He then had a sigh of relief. Good...he lost those two for now and he could catch an actual break. Who were those two he was referring to? Two people who had forced their companionship to him as Ren continued his own mission to find the younger prince turned traitor, Travis Telviaus...no....Travis Ambers for now and the witch who seduced him, Utsuru Heung-See.

Ren walked over to a tavern that seemed to be full of joyful laughter. He calmly approached the double doors as he pushed them open with ease and walked inside. Immediately, silence was produced as everyone stared at the prince with wide eyes. Royalty wasn't exactly common in this area, especially when it was the royal family itself. "No need to fret," he said raising a hand to dismiss their silence. "I simply came here for a drink," he calmly said as he walked over to the counter serving drunks and sat down on a stool.

He asked for anything and soon enough a cup was placed onto the counter and Ren grabbed it. He then leaned the rim of the cup to his lips and took a sip of the liquid. Ren's face twisted a bit as he placed the liquid down and shook it off. It was definitely strong, but something he could handle. As he sat there, he then begin to listen to the crowds. Most of the commotion died down but then one group of drunkards started to talk again.

"So, were you able to kill her?!" one of the drunkards asked, who was dressed in armor and bore a sword. He was accompanied with two other drunks who seemed to be telling a story. "Are you crazy?! Yeah I saw an opportunity to kill her, but what makes you think it would've worked? Her skill as a fighter is far above my own skills. Plus, even if I ambushed her with some mates, that b***h would just make that one b*****d show up!" he yelled.

Ren's eyes narrowed as he kept on listening to the conversation, taking another swig of the alcohol.

"Oh, I heard of that guy lately! The one who is accompanying The Bloody Lotus. I heard he bares Talvian armor but isn't actually part of their armies. Well I must say, he must be pretty strong in order to kill a Talvian soldier!" the third drunkard responded. "Yeah, so that's why I high tailed it out of there! If I'm to take that bounty on her head, I'm going to need more men! Which is why I'm enlisting you two to help me!"

And with that, Ren got out of his seat. He walked over to the drunkards and he kindly got their attention. "Excuse me, gentlemen? Mind telling me more about this Bloody Lotus?" he asked, giving the three men a smile.

"Eh? What the hell does a Talvian Noble want with us?! You just consider us scum, right? No I ain't telling you s**t! I don't need the Talvian Empire taking my prize away from me. So beat it!" the main drunkard yelled and the other two laughed.

"Maybe the Talvian Empire isn't so strong after all if their nobility is asking people like us to find the wanted Bloody Lotus! Hahahaha!"

Ren sighed as his smile slowly turned into a frown. "As much as I hate to do this, I have no time for games..." he said as he put his hand on the hilt of his blade. He quickly withdrew it and sent it forward, thrusting the edge of the sword into one of the drunkard's shoulders. "Gah! You ********] the man yelled as pain shot through him and blood splashed a bit around the area. Ren returned his sword to his side and he walked away, heading out of the tavern, knowing the angry drunkards wouldn't simply let him run away. Ren walked over to his horse and patted it's back, moving it to a more safer location as he heard footsteps leave the tavern.

"You're gonna pay for that!" the drunkards said in unison as they drew their swords. Ren looked at them with a disinterested look now. He stood still as one of the drunkards ran towards him and slashed down at his shoulder. Ren raised his arm to block the attack and then sent his foot into the man's stomach. The man groaned in pain as he stumbled back but when he looked up, he would see a blade piercing his stomach as it went through his body. The man coughed out blood as Ren kept an expressionless face on him.

He pulled his sword out of the man and he fell down, a pool of blood forming. "C-C-Crap!" one of the drunkards yelled and he tried to run away, but Ren quickly dashed forward and slashed at the man's back. That body soon fell to the ground as blood splashed from the wound, landing on the ground and on Ren's boots. He then turned towards the main drunkard who seemed to cower in fear and fall on his rear, shaking uncontrollably. That fear was shared among the others who witnessed such an event, but Ren didn't care for their gazes. There was only one thing he cared about. He didn't feel bad about killing the two drunks. They didn't belong to the lands of Kaita and were just bounty hunters or in other words mercenaries, which is why even though what he did still horrified the people of the village, they weren't running off to report an attack against them.

Ren walked up to the man and he pointed his katana at his neck. "Where did you last see the Bloody Lotus and the man that was with her?" he asked sternly, giving him a cold glare. "Zouchin! I saw them heading towards Zouchin!" he yelled. Ren's eyes narrowed and he swiped any blood that was on his katana to the grown and sheathed his weapon as he walked towards his horse and got on. Zouchin wasn't too far off actually. The man would then get up and run past his dead companions, unknowingly, to the two people that happened to probably witness the little bout and also happened to be Ren's companions, the ones he was trying to avoid for just a bit.
┊‟‟ ┊
OOC

Company:
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%

╋━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Enduring Seeker

User Image
Hisui Nanaya
The Wandering Samurai

"I wonder why Sensei wanted me to head to Zouchin..." The strawberry blonde samurai mumbled to herself as she walked down the road. "I'm surprised he was able to find me. Not like a keep a log of where I'm going."

A week ago, in another town, an inn keeper passed a message onto Hisui. Which would weird anyone out, but she stuck out like a sore thumb in Kaitan with her pinkish blonde hair and pale complexion. Add in the fact that her mentor, Yukito Nanaya, had a knack for having her go to particular areas to investigate rumors of monsters, that these messages really were not out of the norm for the girl.

Her leather boots quietly creaked as she walked upon the dirt road. Her sheathed katana was held in her left hand, occasionally used as a walking stick (a habit she tried not to let other samurai see, as it was apparently a disgraceful act for a samurai). Hisui barely carried anything with her in her travels - she wore a comfortable kimono and hakama, a chain shirt under the kimono for protection, as well leather bracers to act as an emergency shield. The boots and chain shirt were an oddity for samurai, but it was something she carried over from her Talvian roots.

The town of Zouchin wasn't far - she could see the main entrance to the town. She strode into town, used to the simple style that pervaded her adopted homeland. Although a small part of Hisui missed Talvian, she was much happier calling Kaita her home. As she continued to look around the town, hoping to find an inn or something to set up as a starting point in investigating the area, she noticed a small commotion building by a fence. Several men were surrounding a pair of foreigners, and swords were about to be drawn.

Curiosity got the better of Hisui, so she drew closer to the group. As she drew closer, the whole thing became a bit clearer. One of the travelers wore Talvian armor and was about to draw his blade, while the girl behind him had a flower blooming out of her right eye. Wait, aren't they wanted people...? I could use the money, or maybe I could get some coin out of them by playing bodyguard... After a moment, she decided to move into the fray.

Hisui took a deep breath as she moved closer. Her inner energy flowed throughout her body with ease, as always, but now she begun to focus it towards her arms and upper body. She could feel the strength filling her limbs, which she used to push her way into the crowd. "That's enough boys - time to go home before one of you lose a limb or a head." She easily forced her way into the crowd. She gave the man in Talvian armor a quick smile. "Sorry to intrude upon you, but I assume these guests are unwanted?" She cocked her head back to glare at the gang of men. Hisui's thumb pushed the hilt of her katana barely out of its scabbard.

Company: Talvian warrior and strange flower-eye woman
OOC: Might as well just jump into the fray...

Quick samurai/Japanese lesson - the Kimono is indeed those fancy robes you usually see in most samurai anime, while the hakama is the pleated pants that usually acompany them.

Luminous Melody's Princess

Trash Ship

13,875 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • OTP 200
  • Conventioneer 300
User ImageUser Image User Image
Utsuru
Heung-See

ᴛʜᴇ ʙʟᴏᴏʏ ʟᴏᴛᴜs
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
it's more like a lily, than a lotus flower..

• ___here was she? What was she doing? Who were these people? Confused and scared as she had no way of escape. So, she would have to cut her way through. The light in Utsuru's one eye dimmed as her hand wrapped around the hilt of her concealed sword. In her mind she questioned the meaning of her thoughts. Why was there blood? Did she do it? Crimson pictures flashing in front of her as if forcing her to commit an act to dirty her hands yet again... again? When was the first time she killed somebody? Was it really her? Her vision swaying between the clean reality and messy memory.

___here was a cape, and it looked familiar. On the side a long sword, and it was familiar. From the back appearing to be a tall male that stood in front of her, and his kindness unforgotten. Making his dashing entrance was her knight in Talvian armor, to save her yet again... again? Utsuru blinked of couple of times, dropping her hands to her sides. She couldn't recall the memory on the tip of her tongue but it too made her head ache. Assuming it was another situation like this current one made her calmer. Despite Travis' threat it appeared the strangers were going to persist on their goal, having confidence in numbers. But then somebody else showed up this time a pretty female who reminded Utsuru of the flower on her face. Seeing how things are going from here she knew a fight will definitely take place. Not wanting weapons to be completely drawn out the victim who started this whole thing reached out and grabbed her travelling partner's sleeve for comfort. 'Over here officers!' cried out an elderly woman, pointing over at the group. Curious people turned their heads, giving attention to what was going on. 'A robbery?' somebody gasped. 'They're getting picked on by some gang' the whispers passed around. Their plan foiled now so they had no choice but to scram. 'We'll come back for you two' frustrated eyes turned away. Soon the commotion that was caused slowly returned to the bustling sounds of daily townsfolk activity. No actual town enforcers arrived however. Possibly the old lady faked it?

___ealizing something important, Utsuru began tugging on Travis for his attention. Her blank stare consisting of a ruby eye and a light pink flower. I'm hungry. she told him. Her words completely in sync with her growling stomach.

Lightbringer

User Image
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

If one had to describe Zouchin simply, they would say that the town was the halfway mark from point A to point B. It was the kind of town that people stopped to rest and restock in, but never to stay. The people seemed nice enough, but it was a place where everyone knew one another and felt closer as a result. Those kinds of places gave the residents a sense of involvement and entitlement to any affair. In more simple terms, they were nosy. For the locals that simply meant keeping tabs on one another, but for outsiders that meant shifty glances, quieter conversations, a tighter grip on wallets, and never being far from something one could throw or swing. It wasn’t particularly from malice, just an unwritten rule: We look after for ourselves, meaning we watch out for you.

Young Evalyn had no real grasp of such social etiquette. She had been passable at social gatherings, but she also came from high society, where the worst thing one might get is a cold shoulder. As she made her way down the street, she caught glimpses of the suspicious stares from the townsfolk. Never anything lingering, just quick glances from the corners of their eyes accompanied by firm mouths. Despite being within the relative safety of the town, she almost felt like she was back on the road, seeing the glances of wary animals. She looked down at herself, with her fine, ruined clothes, and her bare, dirty feet. No matter how one looked at her, the state of her spoke of trouble that no one wanted to be a part of. Being unable to do anything else, she kept her eyes downcast and merely kept walking.

The young lady eventually found herself a lone bench, which was the most welcoming sight since she had arrived. A relieved sigh passed by her lips as she helped herself to a seat. Though her body was tough, it was not invincible. The days of walking and sleeping on hard ground left her body a bit sore and stiff, something she wasn’t particularly used to. Evalyn lowered her head into her hands and weaved her fingers through her auburn hair. She had made her escape, but now what? Where should she go? What should she do? She somehow figured the answers would come to her, but aside from distance, she was no further than when she started. Everything was a mess.

Tipsy Explorer

11,925 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Millionaire 200
User Image

Charlotte Bordeux
"The commander who will hunt the witch and her prince...."

"Where the hell did that idiot run off to this time?" She continued galloping across towards the small town, already having lost her two companions on the way there. Honestly, her companions could go and die by being pierced by some random mercenary's sword. They were nothing but two little royal brats that needed to just get lost and not come back to Talvia. Though, she would be a little sad if one of them were to disappear. The princess sure was a very cruel woman. If it wasn't for the fact Travis was the only one in her eyes that was fit to take the throne, she wouldn't mind the princess taking over. She'd even kill the rest of the royal children if it meant putting her up there.

She finally came upon the small town she was looking for, a small, backwater place that she didn't care to come to. If it wasn't for the prince thinking this might be a good place to find information on Travis and the little witch who had taken him from her, she would have pushed on. It was worth coming to if they could get anything though. "Slow down girl." The horse slowed down to a trot, slowing down at the edge of town. "So, the idiot probably did come to this town. Wouldn't be surprised if I find him with only his skivvies left." She slowed her horse town, stopping in front of a small fruit stand. She quickly jumped off, placing her hand on her rapier as she jumped. She took her other hand and put it on the horse's reins, beginning to lead her.

When she finally started to look around though, there was nothing more than what looked like mongrels in this village. Each one had confused looks, while some of them had looks of complete terror on their face. Seemed like only a few actually recognized her face. Though, it wasn't every day that they probably have the commander of the Talvian army in their small village. A small smile formed on her face as people started to shush anyone from talking about her. She heard a few people start to question her presence, but people just shushed them before they talked a little too much. She pulled her rapier out a little, just watching as some of the people jumped at the sight. "A village full of nothing but cowards. Not even worth burning this place to the ground to watch them try and fight it."

She continued her walk, looking for the noisiest place in town. That's probably where that idiot would be if he was here. "Hmm?" There was some idiot who was running towards her, but was he actually paying attention to where he was going? As he started coming closer, she stood in the middle of the road. She could have a little fun with this idiot....

The minute he was close enough, she lifted her boot, slamming it into the man as soon as he was in range. He slammed into her boot, stopping for a second before falling over onto the ground. "Well, that sure was rude you mongrel. How do you plan to apologize for running into a young lady?" Before she even let the man speak, she slammed her boot onto the fallen man's chest, pressing down on him. She pulled her rapier from it's sheath, pointing it directly at the man's chest. "You will learn that I really am not in the mood to deal with a rude, little maggot who doesn't have the decency to pay attention to their own actions." Her smile slowly grew bigger as she watched the man just lay there, his eyes wide in fright.

"Oh, so no apology?" she said sweetly, giggling a bit. "Guess that's the last rude action you'll ever commit maggot." all sweetness in her voice disappeared, no longer keeping up the facade. She pushed down on her rapier, slamming it straight into the man's chest. It pierced right through, slamming through his heart and sticking into the ground on the other side. She simply smiled as he cried out on pain. "Die like the repugnant pile of s**t you are." She pulled her sword out of the man's chest, sheathing it once more in it's sheath.

She grabbed her horse's reins again, continuing her walk through town. Thankfully, it didn't take her long to find the one man she was looking for, standing right in front of the tavern with two dead bodies. "My, my, so the little prince can actually commit murder on foreign ground. Guess I should upgrade you from Maggot to Worm." Though, she was probably just going to keep calling him a maggot anyway. "Any information on the prince and his little harlot? We need to find the two and kill off that little whore to bring our prince back." She stood there, holding her horse by the reins. Hopefully the maggot could actually provide something of use.

Lightbringer

User Image

Evalyn kept quiet for a few minutes, allowing herself to breathe, relax to the extent that she could, and try to collect herself. Now that she was in this situation, she had to figure out what her next step would be. The majority of her ‘life’ had been spent focusing on high society and everything that entailed, which really meant a lot of useless information. She knew every dining utensil to use at dinner, what titles to address various ranks of nobility by, the length of which a dress or skirt is permissible to ride up before it becomes unacceptable, things of that nature. Now it was time to learn a new set of skills, one that would be practical and keep her alive. She knew a bit about foraging thanks to idle conversation from a studious man she spoke with at a party, and doubly thanks to her impeccable memory, but that was so little. She needed to learn more about things like bartering, wilderness survival, and combat. The last, she felt, was the most invaluable. The world was fraught with danger, as she had come to realize.

To move forward she needed to assess where she currently stood, she supposed. She rummaged through the pockets of her cloak to see what she had. A handful of those unappealing mushrooms, her firearm with two bits of shot that she somehow had missed having, and a slew of coins that amounted to pocket change, likely left inside and forgotten about by her father one night. The money was hardly enough to pay for any necessities, so it seemed that her first priority was to get some more, but how? Begging she already knew was useless, she had seen poor folk be ignored by dozens of passersby, and occasionally get a beating by patrolmen if the beggars became too insistent. She had nothing to sell, or at least was not willing to part with. The only solution, and perhaps the most obvious, was that she needed to work. She took a deep breath, nodded, and rose to her feet. Someone around here must need help that they were willing to pay for.

After some wandering and careful inspection of the shops, Evalyn settled on a blacksmith to appeal to. She knew it was very involved, delicate work, but surely there was something she could do and learn, at least for a little while. She stepped inside the building, and immediately her presence was alerted by a heavy bell stationed above the door, the kind that could be heard over the thundering of the smith’s hammer.
The man looked up from his anvil, taking in the sight of the young woman standing at the door. His gray eyes narrowed ever so slightly, and his mouth, hidden behind a thick black beard, followed suit. She had the look of trouble about her, which he wanted no part of.
”Are you the owner?” The girl piped up. There was hesitation and worry in her voice. The smith nodded, and kept his hammer both in hand and in plain view. ”I am looking to earn some money, if you have work to be done.”
”Nothing for the likes of you.” The man responded in a gruff voice. He said it in a way that it sounded more like a genuine statement than a dismissive insult.
Evalyn wrung her hands, but she remained rooted to the spot. ”I am a quick learner, and I am stronger than I look. I will not get in your way, I just need to earn some money somehow. Please, sir.”
The man was silent for a moment as he inspected the girl from top to bottom. It was clear that she had fallen on hard times, but she had the decency to ask for work rather than outright beg. More than that, she looked lost and scared. The smith sighed, and ran a large hand through his thick, dark hair. A conscience was a damnable thing. ”What do you know about working in a forge?”
”Nothing.” She admitted. ”But you only need to show me everything once.”
”Put those on, then.” He pointed to a set of old clothes and a thick, brown apron. ”You can change in the other room. Don’t dawdle. I have orders to fill.”
Evalyn nodded with a stoic expression, and hurried to the task. She didn’t know how hard this would be, or how long it would take, but the important thing was that she was doing something.

Beloved Kitten

10,825 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
User Image
Travis Ambers
Thanks then.

Travis stared down his enemies, there were multiple of them and just one of him... And who knew who'd join in where if a fight were to break out. He was the one wearing the armor of the enemy after all, He'd probably be ganged up on and He'd probably have to retreat with Utsuru for his own safety and hers. But, that was the risk He decided was worth it when He first took up protecting the girl. Sadly his threats and angry gaze didn't so much as deter them in their quest for an easy profit. They took a moment to collect themselves, to plan out their next moves, yes... Perhaps even considering the option of retreat Travis had given them... But when it came down to it, they didn't take it.

Hand twitching slightly as He moved to draw his blade, intending to give no chances to his enemy, Travis paused at a grip on his sleeve, glancing back towards Utsuru swiftly to see if there was something else wrong, or something she wanted to point out. His eyes didn't linger on his ally for too long though, not wanting to give his enemies another opening. To his surprise though, an individual stepped in to the showdown, apparently taking his side in defense of Utsuru. Who this woman was was beyond him, Though her appearance gave him the notion she wasn't exactly from around here... Though the clothing and weaponry gave a sense of locality.

" Highly. "
He replied to her comment about these pleasant guests surrounding him. Well at least it seemed He wouldn't be taken as an enemy by everyone in the town. Luckily before any blades could properly be drawn though, a voice called out, calling for the guards. For a moment, Travis' heart froze as He looked over to the source of the call for help... Of course He thought this would be what ran him out of town. Though again it seemed to work in their benefit...

The men finally scurried off at the thought of the guards arriving, apparently more deterred by that thought than of whatever He or his momentary ally could do. They'd be wise to fear both, But Travis wasn't going to complain. To his surprise though the guards never did seem to come... Perhaps it was just a ruse by another helpful local? He was quickly growing to like this town if everyone was so helpful in these situations... Ah, Speaking of helpful. His attention finally turned to the woman who had approached to lend her aid and blade, his hand slipping away from the hilt of his own as He offered a kind smile.

" Thank you for your aid, I'm not sure how well that would've turned out if I were left alone to handle them. " Perhaps Travis was underselling himself here? A group of thugs would be no match for him... But He'd not let onto that just yet. He'd shift, seeming to be on the verge of speaking to the unknown woman once more, Though before He could do so, He felt another tugging on his sleeve, glancing to his companion. She was hungry?

Ah... Yes, Travis was about to remedy this before the whole thing went down. If those men hadn't interfered, Travis would've had Utsuru fed before she could even comment about it. Oh well, Now was well enough time now that they seemed safe. Raising a hand to gesture the unknown woman that He'd only be a moment, Travis turned to leave for barrel He had rested her box of treats on. Luckily still there, Travis turned to return, handing the box to Utsuru with a kind smile before patting her on the head.

" Enjoy. If you're still hungry I'll find us somewhere else to eat. "
With that done, his attention went back to his one time ally and mysterious samurai looking lady. He'd have to get a name from someone who was willing to stand by his side, even when He wore such armor.

" And just who might you be, Ma'am? " He finally questioned... He'd give his own name later if she asked. OR at least his currently taken name.

Enduring Seeker

User Image
Hisui Nanaya
The Wandering Samurai

Hisui sighed as the men left. "A good idea, boys..." She was sure she would have to cut somebody down, but relieved that it didn't come down to that. The samurai turned to the man who remained, dropping her combat stance. The armor he wore was far too familiar to her. Which is why she giggled about the remark about her help. "I'm sure a Warbringer like you could've dealt with them without issue. But avoiding needless conflict is wise. I'm sure you don't need the attention in these parts."

Her thumb pushed the hilt of her blade back into its sheath. There was no need for battle yet. The woman with the warbringer tugged at his sleeve. I do recognize her from the wanted posters... Hisui gave the two a moment before approaching a bit closer. A few moments later, he asked the samurai her name. With a nod of a head, she responded, "I am Hisui, of the Nanaya clan. Just a wandering samurai. It would seem that your companion is in need of food. If you wish, you could join me for a bite to eat... I believe I saw a nice quiet restaurant not far from here. Some company would be nice." She could bring up their bounty later, and discuss the possibility of being a bodyguard for them. Plus, food was sounding like a good idea, and Hisui had not eaten well in the past few days while she was traveling to the town.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff