Welcome to Gaia! ::

Deadly Sex Symbol

14,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Survivor 150
So, caffeine makes me want to beat on a dead horse, and that I will do.

I'm sure the news has permeated through the SF. PA posted in a thread in regards to two of the most heated subjects to this day... well one of the most and THE MOST. That is, the speed of item releases and the dreaded gold generators. I will answer to this post as well as provide as much feedback as I can within the answering and after.

Honestly, I would rather you, as in the staff that still try to address the userbase, stay silent as well if you guys are going to tell such dumb lies, like Zero's post about a year ago, or the response someone received at Fanime, or the most recent response by PA. I am quite aware of the fact that feedback that attacks tends to be ignored, but I am also quite aware of the fact that there is no way to put this nicely. We can guess that you guys can't tell us truthfully what you think or else you risk your job, but still, such responses rubs off in the wrong way, as if you guys think we are dopamine addicts that will eat up whatever the higher-ups make you say. Also, not many are aware that the admins are in fact not in charge of the place, and you guys get plenty of attacks from people who don't. I don't want awesome people like you to be confused for the greedy management.

Back to the main subject at hand... This post, as it does to others, concerns me.

Princess Angelishia
Hi there,

Hello~ ^ w ^

Princess Angelishia
We always appreciate the feedback. It seems like you have two major concerns that you are trying to raise:

Frequency of Sales & Gold Generators

Honestly, this makes the post sound more robotic and programmed than it already will be, but it's a civility! Broken on both sides. There have been very... minor signs of you guys doing anything for our concerns, but let's not go into that.

Princess Angelishia
Frequency of Sales

We do these sales frequently so we can make sure that we are constantly providing good deals to the Gaians that are generous enough to fund us. By putting out a variety of different items and deals per day, we can cater to as many people as possible.

I, and most likely most of the Gaian population, do not care for the frequency of sales. It is very understandable that you guys need money, and the population needs more of a variation of items to select from, as variation is always fun, but there is flaws to this section.

The keyword here is variety. What angers people the most is the most of the items are constantly of the same color, and look very alike, and cater mostly to the female population of the site. How exactly do you cater to as many people as possible when the item colors, subject, and intended sex is always the same... (albeit there have been a few great male item releases as of late)?

Also, there is the subject of quality. Look to the times before our current CEO took over. Compare those items to some of the ones that have been released recently. The difference in quality is very much visible, especially with the arms and legs mods. The problems here can be anything, from being short staffed in the art section (which ties in to a later concept here...) to completely pushing a giant workload on the not-so-short-staffed art section in an attempt to keep up with that all too famous quota. Something done taking your time is always something that comes out perfect. Slow and easy wins the race.

Again, many people do not mind the fact that there are a lot of items being released, it's just the fact that they all look similar, have similar colors, and are aimed towards the female population, and that they are often of poor quality. My main concern is that Tektek can't keep up. Gosh darn it Gaia. (That last part is a joke... I worry about the sarcasm/humor detector of the general Internet population)

Princess Angelishia
Gold Generators

We continue to put these products out because they are some of our most popular items.

... This part...

Anyways, define popular. Very rarely do I see people being vocal about their like of gold generators, and most of the time, no matter what Xya says, those are trolls (due to the lack of a well developed argument, post history, word choice, and general appearance). One would take care to note that I said "vocal". I am, actually quite aware of the fact that these monstrosities are popular with the buying user base. I took this with a very understanding point of view... until I saw the later parts..

Princess Angelishia
Our main goal is always to make sure that we have the resources to ensure that this site continues to run for a long, long time- and to do that we have to put out good products that people are willing to donate toward.

... I am sorry, but how is this a long term strategy? Please explain, because I am having a hard time seeing it with my poor, dumb, manipulable brain.

No response? That's because this CANNOT be a long term strategy. Unless long term strategy means chasing away a grand majority of your older users, as well as any potential new users. Admit it, the amount of people passing through the site is at an all time low. The ridiculous inflation is the reason why many people have went on that exodus to better sites; it is the reason why we are getting very little new users; it is the reason why the users that have decided to stay are bitter with the entire staff and are completely un-trusting and decreasingly civil. If destroying something is a long term strategy, then up must be down and the fact that we are all breathing, thinking, and moving must be because we are dead. There is also the fact that the current CEO is infamous for his milk-and-dash tactics in making money.

You guys already put out a lot of items that people are willing to buy, why not just focus on items? Why not update features already present in the site and monetize those? There are some many alternate solutions to this "problem" other than destroying one of the two cores to Gaia.

Princess Angelishia
We do understand that there are concerns about the effects these products have on our economy- but rest assured that we do have people monitoring the economy and the Marketplace to make sure that it is still healthy and active.

Sure, you understand the concerns, but do you understand the effects? You have people monitoring the economy? Well... they must be doing nothing but just looking as things inflate a thousand times over. Or they are reporting it an the management just doesn't care.

Another thing , healthy and active are two different things, not synonymous. No matter how you look at it, inflation of the current scale is never healthy, anyone that has been through a basic economy class can tell you that. That brings me to the response at Fanime... just because the buying levels in the MP have risen it does not mean that the MP is healthy. The higher buying levels/ activity can be attributed to the high amount of items passing through. I will repeat it again, no matter how you look at it, the MP is not healthy. Not. At. All.

Princess Angelishia
Hope that helps,

Sorry to say, but no, it was not helpful at all. This is just like any other response we have received, even at the start of the Gold Generators. That is, it is the unwillingness to admit that these monstrosities are just that, monstrosities. Yes, Gaia has limited the amount of gold generators being released, especially compared to the times where there was five or six of them sitting in LV, yet inflation is at an all time high, like it always is...

In short, your post stinks of robot oil and cow poop.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll continue with my points here... Starting with a repetition... NO MATTER HOW YOU LOOK AT IT, THE MP IS NOT HEALTHY. The userbase cannot stress this enough. Inflation is to be expected in a healthy economy, but nothing of this scale can never be healthy. Denial is the deadliest form of delay. We may have become accustomed to the situation, but we will never get over it, and it will never be healthy. You may expect us to finally give up after some time, but has that happened in a year? We got over the COO's lovely presentation, and the 133TGate fiasco is becoming just an echo, but our hatred of Gold Gens and our disapproval of the current situation of the MP will never go away.

Also, I would be directing you to this thread. Just food for thought, upper management.

One last thing... the company really needs to rethink how it handles PR. Do not, I repeat, do not underestimate the Gaian userbase. Do not compare it to the userbase of other sites Goldemort has visited. We have been able to dig enough to unearth something in many situations, and many of us are great analysts of situation, others offer great ideas, and some do both. Do not think that people will buy into or tolerate posts that are mechanical and dishonest in nature. If you guys cannot post what you think, at least try to sound human. You can argue that this is user feedback, but it is not. PR is an all important element of any successful company.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS: So many page crashes... finally finished...

PPS: Not that the upper management cares.

PPPS: Let's see how long this thread lasts before the deletion, editing, or locking hammer lands.

Deadly Sex Symbol

14,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Survivor 150

Perfect Saint

Wow. I want some of that coffee.
Thank you. I like the way you broke it down and agree with you all the way. It was so sad I just laughed, and laughed and laughed. Please drink coffee more often.

Deadly Sex Symbol

14,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Survivor 150
MuffinParadox
Thank you. I like the way you broke it down and agree with you all the way. It was so sad I just laughed, and laughed and laughed. Please drink coffee more often.
Thank you. I'm glad that you agree and that you laughed... even though it was out of sadness. Still! Laughing is good!

I only indulge in coffee occasionally. I already sleep so little...

Deadly Sex Symbol

14,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Survivor 150
Myrielle
Wow. I want some of that coffee.
Its regular old Nescafé though. o 3 o

Demonic Bookworm

30,400 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
When they say popular, they likely mean not that there is a vocal support but a much more relevant financial support on how well they sell compared to other items or in other words, the GG buyers's actions are speaking louder than the non-cash spending users's discontent
My Best Enemy
I, and most likely most of the Gaian population, do not care for the frequency of sales.

any sufficient evidence / reasoning for this?

or is this, just like most things people on this forum say,
a narrow viewpoint based off a select portion of this site?
pee on mee
My Best Enemy
I, and most likely most of the Gaian population, do not care for the frequency of sales.

a narrow viewpoint from a select portion of this site?

It was enough where the same person who wrote the post they tore apart just so happens to be the same person that wrote this dribble:
Quote:
2. Apologies to those of you who are angered by the staff announcement advertising. As I've mentioned a few places, we're actively trying to find a better- less intrusive- way to announce the littler sales so that staff announcements can go back to being bug fixes and nice little updates from staff.

It's more spinning and more fluff that never came to be over a year, right up there with the phantom Inventory Arranger, which I doubt exists now.
I have a tissue
pee on mee
My Best Enemy

It was enough where the same person who wrote the post they tore apart just so happens to be the same person that wrote this dribble:
Quote:
2. Apologies to those of you who are angered by the staff announcement advertising. As I've mentioned a few places, we're actively trying to find a better- less intrusive- way to announce the littler sales so that staff announcements can go back to being bug fixes and nice little updates from staff.

It's more spinning and more fluff that never came to be over a year, right up there with the phantom Inventory Arranger, which I doubt exists now.

that doesn't prove what he was saying at all.
pee on mee
I have a tissue
pee on mee
My Best Enemy

Quote:

The fact is that it's an entire kit and kaboodle. The frequency of sales and the massive amount of intrusion is actually detrimental.

It's similar to going to a restaurant and looking at a menu while having boards all around with different specials and choices. There are so many choices that it can be hard to choose, and sometimes people do not choose at all, or get something that they are unhappy with.

It's human nature when people are faced with multiple choices that they sometimes choose not to choose. It can also get frustrating when you are faced with the same types of choices all the time.

If I were someone who was buying Gaia Cash I wouldn't buy much with it regardless of how many sales they put out.
I have a tissue
pee on mee
I have a tissue
pee on mee
My Best Enemy

Quote:

The fact is that it's an entire kit and kaboodle. The frequency of sales and the massive amount of intrusion is actually detrimental.

It's similar to going to a restaurant and looking at a menu while having boards all around with different specials and choices. There are so many choices that it can be hard to choose, and sometimes people do not choose at all, or get something that they are unhappy with.

It's human nature when people are faced with multiple choices that they sometimes choose not to choose. It can also get frustrating when you are faced with the same types of choices all the time.

If I were someone who was buying Gaia Cash I wouldn't buy much with it regardless of how many sales they put out.

ya. i already got that you aren't a fan of them,
now prove that most of the 'Gaian population' agrees with you.
pee on mee
I have a tissue
pee on mee
I have a tissue
pee on mee

Quote:

Science just did, and Gaia is enabling their own problem with their frequency of sales.

You are free to prove science incorrect, but it will probably take a while.
I have a tissue
pee on mee
I have a tissue
pee on mee
I have a tissue

Science just did, and Gaia is enabling their own problem with their frequency of sales.

Just give me anything other than your word at this point, anything at all.
[anything that can be used to prove his statement, that is.]
pee on mee
I have a tissue
pee on mee
I have a tissue
pee on mee
I have a tissue

Just give me anything other than your word at this point, anything at all.
[anything that can actually be used in reference to this situation, that is.]

http://www.google.com

But you are free to ask everyone yourself to prove the OP wrong. You can provide proof, too.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff