Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lightbringer

Syra-Rose
"It's pleasing to the eye, and beauty is something everyone can appreciate at least." He commented. As the burger was set before him, he offered his thanks to the server and Tori, then bit off a piece. "Definitely better than garbage cans." Chew, chew, swallow. "So... nice weather, I suppose." Small talk wasn't the man's strong point, it seemed.

Doryan White's Princess

Lonely Knight

18,900 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Takarashi

As she chewed she had to shrug to the matter of the weather. Bad weather didnt bother her in the least, she loved storms. But today the weather was fine, maybe even a little boring. But that was just her. After swallowing, she took a sip from the strawberry milkshake she'd ordered before replying. "I suppose. Do you have a place to stay when it gets bad? " Again, still worried about the man and wondered what he did other than walk around the streets.

Lightbringer

Syra-Rose
"Depends on when there's somewhere close by. I'm just passing through regardless." He replied simply, and then took another bite. Weather didn't seem to bother him too much. Rain or shine, he had to be ready to move at a moment's notice. Poorly maintained as his clothes were, at least he had something appropriate for the climate.

Doryan White's Princess

Lonely Knight

18,900 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Takarashi

For a time Tori was content to eat in silence, wondering how far she could pry into his business before he'd stop her. She doubted very far. But then why did she have to pry? She wanted to help, but forcing it on him wouldnt do any good - and then he'd probably avoid her. Well, she didn't want that. Half way thrugh her burger, she paused for a lot more shake as she wondered what to talk about. Then she remembered her other sketch book, with much finer paper and much more detailed and complete drawings. She considered it her secret stash - stuff that meant a lot to her, and hadn't decided on how to present it to the world.

Wiping her fingers on a napkin, she bent to retrieve her bag, nearly falling off the stool in the process - and of course all her hair falling into her face too. Straightening though, she set her bag flat on the counter beside her food, and blew and pulled at her hair and tossed it back over her shoulders. Pulling the secondary sketchbook out, she thumbed through to a specific pencil drawing that had very detailed shading - it was of a southern right whale's left eye, and reflected in it were various sea creatures - most endangered. She slid this to sit between her and Traveller. "What do you think of whales? Have you ever seen one?"

Lightbringer

Syra-Rose
"They're peaceful creatures. I like them." The Traveller said after he finished his brief meal. "I was on a ship that sailed alongside a pod for about a day. Their movements were playful, but efficient. One of the crew on the ship talked to me a bit about them, how they moved swiftly in such numbers by following in the wake of the leaders so there was less resistance from the water, and would swap places as the leaders grew tired. It was an interesting little tidbit." He glanced at the drawing that Tori presented after saying that. "A piece about the diversity of sea life, I take it?"

Doryan White's Princess

Lonely Knight

18,900 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Takarashi

"In a way..." Tori replied, looking from him to her drawing. "There's an aboriginal group of people - from Australia I think - who honestly think whales arent from here, that they're cosmic beings. Something to do with the wisdom they feel looking into a whale's eye. But to me, I think they're sort of, like....I don't know. You know how in stories a lantern is lit, to be that single light in the darkness? To be hope? I think..." She paused, trying to properly form her thoughts right so she didn't end up fumbling her words. "I think that...their eyes are sort of like lanterns of hope, but in a sense that they're like looking into a world of soul - not the whale's or the underworld, not like that - but the essence of life itself, you know? They've been here for so long, and have gone through their own growth, evolution, change, so forth - but the fact is some are old enough to remember the massive hunts. But they don't attack boats out of revenge, though they very well could. Easily even....."

She sighed, pushing her plate aside and resting her head on her hand, looking to Traveller as she spoke. "I know I sound like some tree-hugger, but I'm really not....I mean I just ate a piece of dead cow in front of you. But what I'm getting at is that to me, they seem to be these older beings that have the patience to see mankind through their trials. A patience we can barely comprehend, if we can at all. I dont think having a human-like brain is the only way to process and solve problems and feel what we do - I think all that's needed is simply to be alive. Sure, some animals really don't need to 'feel' the things we do, but I know some do, and some more than we even can. So, yea......gentle leviathans, watching the world change around them."

Slight rant done, she felt she was owed a lot of strawberry shake at that moment, her cheeks burning red as she tried to calm down. She wasn't really upset, but she didn't usually try to say so much in one breath. Especially not things she felt were important.

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

ARAMIS DURAI

Aramis watched the man fly off on his motorbike. Maybe Natalie was right to throw shade at the guy. In all honesty, Aramis wasn't getting too good of a vibe from him, either, but he didn't exactly feel threatened, if that was something to celebrate. Everybody has their thing. Live and let live, he figured. And most of the time, the philosophy worked! People let him live so far, despite the various scrapes and fights he'd gotten into, and that was a good thing.

He moved the ice cubes around to his various injuries: his busted knuckles, his swollen cheek, the split on his lip. And when one cube had melted down, he started with another. Now that the adrenaline had begun to wear off, the pain began to amplify. He'd need that whiskey soon.

Lightbringer

Syra-Rose
The Traveller weaved his fingers together on the counter, still staring off in no particular direction. "I met a golem once during my travels. They are simple creatures for the most part, but theirs is a long life as well, with an impeccable memory. I stayed and spoke with it for a few days while I rested. It told me about a mouse that it saw almost every day for its short life. The golem told me about the things that it ate and did, about how it avoided predators, and about the day that it eventually died. There were countless creatures in the woods it lived in, probably an unfathomable about of mice too, but it noticed and remembered this one. Not just that one, rather, it remembered all of them, individually and perfectly, in the same way we can tell ourselves apart. I remember asking, 'Why are you telling me about this mouse? Why is it so special?' Not out of arrogance, but of curiosity. The golem didn't seem to ever consider such a thing, though, they're not creatures known for their thinking abilities, in fairness. It didn't say anything for an hour. Then, finally, it looked at me, and it said, 'It was not special. But it lived.' A being of soil and rock, forged by magic, with no need or concern for reasoning capabilities, gave me a more profound answer than I had ever heard from creatures of 'vast intelligence.'" The Traveller took a moment to pick at some crumbs on his plate. "So, I think I understand where you're coming from."

Doryan White's Princess

Lonely Knight

18,900 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Takarashi

While listening to his story, her eyes had widened - a golem?! I've never seen one... Granted, she lived in the human world, in a city none the less. It wasn't really full of golems. Still, it was fascinating, and she caught onto the reason for the story quickly but let him finish anyhow. Meanwhile her stunned expression turned to one of absolute joy, her gin undeniably joyous and her emerald eyes nearly glittered. "It's not often anyone can relate....they say something like 'yo, that's deep, man...' and go off doing whatever they were doing."

Lightbringer

Syra-Rose
The Traveller parted his hands in a gentle shrugging motion, then clasped them together once more. "It's hard for everyone to have a response. If I wasn't a wanderer, I probably wouldn't have much to say either. We can only really speak from what we know. Even then, as the golem showed me, intelligence means little when it's without wisdom. So don't think too ill of the speechless." He said with a smirk. "All of us were in the dark at some point. Sometimes it takes a little longer than others to find a light."

Doryan White's Princess

Lonely Knight

18,900 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Takarashi

[color-darkblue]
She couldn't help but snirk at that, then immediately blush for making such a rude sound. it was a sign she trusted him though, to make such an honest sound of distaste. "Sorry - but some people don't even know light from dark, or that they're even in it." The topic was taking a bit of a dark turn, so she turned it back on him. "So, do you have a favourite among the places you've been? Anywhere you visit more than once?" She asked, pulling her burger back so she could finish it while he spoke.

Lightbringer

Syra-Rose
"Hence why they need the time." At Tori's next question, he pondered it for a bit. There were a fair number of places he'd been, and plenty he enjoyed. It was hard to say. "I don't think I could pick a favorite. One that was particularly interesting, though, was this enclosed space or something of the sort where these curious beings lived. They were balls of light that just floated around, and they weaved about in these interesting patterns like a dance. I think they communicated by brightening and dimming, and moving in certain fashions. It was a tad eerie, and yet it was serene. It was very quiet, and yet there was conversation and activity happening all around me. If I could ever find it again, I wouldn't mind staying for a while. I don't know how I ended up there in the first place, though. A rift or something I guess."

Doryan White's Princess

Lonely Knight

18,900 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Takarashi

Having finished her burger she sat back and just sipped on her milkshake for a while, watching him as she imagined what he described. Her shake done though, she leaned back onto her hand, putting the drink down with her other hand. "So you're way of being on the run is a little more haphazard than most people in that walk of life." She pointed out, wondering how a person 'accidentally' wound up in places that seemed not of this world. How do you totally miss entering a different realm or pocket world?

Lightbringer

Syra-Rose
"When all you do is spend your time moving around, you begin to look for places far off the beaten path. And when you wander far enough, you wind up in places you don't really expect." The Traveller said casually. What was 'ordinary' for him at this point was probably a fair bit different from someone working a nine-to-five job. "How about you? Got a favorite place?"

Doryan White's Princess

Lonely Knight

18,900 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Takarashi

"I...do, actually." She admitted, glancing away then back. "It's a spot of rocks that the waves crash on a bit of a walk from the sandy part of the beach. It's dangerous if you're not careful, so most people dont go there. But I like to sit there. Let the wind do what it wants with my hair, and just watch the water. I sometimes see dolphins farther out. And I saw a shark fin once, in the evening. But it's mostly seabirds and crabs. Not that I mind those either." Just a special spot,a place for clarity.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff