Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nine-tailed Fox

18,175 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Summer Pride 100
char fashionable
I do think it's incredibly stupid, luckily I haven't encountered the issue personally.
But seriously? Come on.
this message puts a stumbling block directly in front of competitive players who prefer teams..... nofundo strikes again emotion_facepalm
smashbrolink
Yes, trolls stand out more than lopsided games. But you know what else also stands out a little bit? Public outcry for how bad a decision this was. The only thing saving it is how uncommon it seems to be right now, which mind you, might be a sign that it's actually working and can tell the difference between lopsided matches and taunt parties. In which case, fine maybe I'm blowing it out of proportion but I have a feeling it's going to come up from more people than just me.

The ability to avoid players isn't that uncommon. the 360 automatically avoided someone when you gave their profile a negative rating or whatever it was called. And I don't remember for sure, but I believe that the PS3 had the same thing. It's such a basic concept that the individual games don't have the feature, but the actual system network.

Yea the taunt parties are at fault for being trolls but Nintendo is at fault too for creating such a dumb way to fix it.

Gallant Hero

10,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Mock Pride
smashbrolink
Yes, trolls stand out more than lopsided games. But you know what else also stands out a little bit? Public outcry for how bad a decision this was. The only thing saving it is how uncommon it seems to be right now, which mind you, might be a sign that it's actually working and can tell the difference between lopsided matches and taunt parties. In which case, fine maybe I'm blowing it out of proportion but I have a feeling it's going to come up from more people than just me.

The ability to avoid players isn't that uncommon. the 360 automatically avoided someone when you gave their profile a negative rating or whatever it was called. And I don't remember for sure, but I believe that the PS3 had the same thing. It's such a basic concept that the individual games don't have the feature, but the actual system network.

Yea the taunt parties are at fault for being trolls but Nintendo is at fault too for creating such a dumb way to fix it.

It's true that it's not the perfect solution, but honestly, as long as the system isn't perma-banning players left and right due to it, then I'd say it's a better solution than just leaving things to degrade back to how they were in Brawl's online.
I think we can agree that any measure that can prevent that without completely screwing over the legit players constantly, is a better measure than letting the trolls run free.XD

You are right on one point though; it IS going to come up from a lot more people than just you.
But keep in mind, that a lot of the people that this pops up for, are likely going to be the kind of people that earned it, more than the people who suffered it by accident.
Based on how few reports there are right now, it seems you really need to do a ton of focusing on particular players in order to get that to happen, and making it happen by accident seems to be a rare thing.
Unless the number of reported incidents skyrockets overnight at some point, I think it's safe to say that we can discount the majority of complainers as those that actually did stalk certain players throughout the multi-man matches, instead of spreading their aggressions out amongst the available targets.

Princess Torii

22,350 Points
  • Torii Gatekeeper 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
What kinda bullsh*t is that?! Wow.

Kawaii Prophet

10,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
So now I have to watch how many times in a row i attack someone? Thanks for controlling how I play my game, Sakurai. emotion_awesome

Business Partner

Well, you can't really target the others if they're busy fighting each other as well. rolleyes

Devout Bibliophile

17,175 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Tycoon 200
Remind me where this was? Free-for-All Smash online? I've only done teams and 1v1s online thus far, but I've been on only once. o.o

CBB1112 v2's Waifu

Devoted Enabler

18,650 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
its no fun zone if its there or if its not. I think its better that its there either way. But i'm fairly certain it means across multiple matches, if you stay in the same room as someone and you just go after that dood because so far I havn't had a problem focusing one dood in a match

Dapper Noob

The only time I will group fight is with friends. Every time I go group on my own, it's always a lag fest.
The reason I say report it to Nintendo, by the way, is that there was a different bug.

Specifically, the 1.0.2 patch fixed a problem where Peach players would be flagged for cheating if they used down+B too early in a fight. It may just be something that needs tweaked in their anti-cheat systems.

Greedy Noob

7,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
That would be annoying but i love cyber bullying so it makes it harder to target middle schoolers.
Magatsukami
This is why I love 1v1 and will never deal with group fights.

Same here.

Having had a "traumatizing" singling-out experience in Melee as a kid, I was glad when I saw this option for online play and the new rule.

Ruthless Lover

10,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
How does the game even understand someone's targeting another player? Sometimes people mess up and selfdestruct and stuff. confused

Lover

It's to prevent stalking, or actively seeking out a single player to KO just for the sake of doing so. This only applies to multiplayer matches (not sure if this happens during team matches, but keep an eye out).

Tasty Snack

No Just NO emotion_facepalm

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas