Welcome to Gaia! ::

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
twinks and bears
I think a better question would be, based on a prostitute's social heirarchy and need for money would those power dynamics and circumstances mean that having sex act with a prostitute would be non consensual?

your conclusion doesn't follow your premise. that isn't a logical question at all.

Lonely Friend

Chieftain Twilight
twinks and bears
I think a better question would be, based on a prostitute's social heirarchy and need for money would those power dynamics and circumstances mean that having sex act with a prostitute would be non consensual?

your conclusion doesn't follow your premise. that isn't a logical question at all.

Isn't that the reason that teacher's go to jail when they sleep with their students (even though some of them may be over the age of consent)? Because of power dynamics that make it impossible or painful for them to say no.

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
twinks and bears
Chieftain Twilight
twinks and bears

Isn't that the reason that teacher's go to jail when they sleep with their students (even though some of them may be over the age of consent)? Because of power dynamics that make it impossible or painful for them to say no.

you are missing the mark by a mile. o_O;

it isn't power heirarchy that determines whether it's consentual or not. certainly, power and status can be abused, but that is not the determining factor.

a sex worker can actually want to have sex or not want t have sex, regardless of his/her job, regardless of his/her relative social position, regardless of his/her position of power (or lack thereof). what makes it rape is if they don't want to have sex, and someone disregards that. end of.

Invisible Sex Symbol

Everyone can be raped. Men can be raped, children can be raped. All sexes and people who don't identify with a binary gender can be raped. NO ONE DESERVES TO BE RAPED. Absolutely no condition can justify rape because rape isn't justifiable. "They were asking for - " NO. "They were drun-" NO!!!!!!!!!! "They were.. etc etc" NOOOO!

Quotable Prophet

That's the thing about rape cases, when they happen its either the victim doesn't report it or they wait a long while before reporting which society doesn't deem even liable anymore and blames the victim anyway

Shadowy Rogue

3,700 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
Isn't it considered shoplifting?

Invisible Exhibitionist

13,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Tuah
Isn't it considered shoplifting?

No. Sexual assault is still sexual assault, regardless of whether or not you can purchase service from them.

Wicked Sweetheart

No.

Nobody should be raped, ever - period.
Just because something is illegal doesn't make it morally wrong.
I have a friend who is a legal prostitute in Nevada and she is a doll and a truly good person.
Enjoying sex and sex work does not make you a bad person and society needs to get over themselves.

OG Smoker

I was gonna come in here and report it as a troll thread, and then I was pleasantly surprised that someone was actually being serious. Four for you, OP. You go, OP.

Enduring Phantom

Then don't be a prostitute? Seems obvious

Invisible Exhibitionist

13,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
pallbearer
Then don't be a prostitute? Seems obvious

You realise there are risks in EVERY profession, right?

It's like saying "Don't be a welder if you don't want burns!"

If you really love your job, you accept the fact that there are risks, and do what you can to mitigate them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff