Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
Howdie!
So I am curious. Who's your favorite anime character? Why is he/she/it your favorite character?
You can have multiple characters!

My favorite is Vash the Stampede, definitely. (Trigun in case you don't know who that is. Good anime!) He's one of those characters that I just fell in love with immediately, without even questioning it. I knew he was my favorite from the first moment I started the show.

Obsessive Shoujo

18,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Cool Cat 500
I have a lot but some of them are

Female:

School Days: Katsura, she's my number 1 favorite female character! She has this personality that makes me want to hug and protect her from everyone.. especially after you watch how she slowly loses it in the Anime version of school days. The entire anime I felt sorry for her and in the Visual Novel I did all her good routes. She has a sweet personality though timid and has very cute interests and some you wouldn't expect either. If I recall in the visual novel she likes horror films.

Madoka Magica: Sayaka Miki : She would be my second top favorite female character, I love her dedication for her friends and the person she loves. I also love her light hearted personality even when she's down she tries to keep a smile. However she soon becomes distraught learning how harsh the world can be and loses it. I can relate to how it feels to lose one of the most important things to you while always trying to be the voice of reason and keep on smiling.

some others with no exact order, Oreimo: Ayasa, Saori, Kirino, Madoka Magica: Kyoko, Golden Time: Koko, Super Sonico, Toradora: Taiga, Watamote: Tomoko: Hanagai: Sena, Engaged to the unidentified: Mashiro, Spice and Wolf: Holo, Highschool of the Dead: Takagi, Love Live: Nozomi, Non Non Biyori: Hotarun ( I liked the others too but she was my top from it), shiki : sunako,

Male

1. Shiki: Seishin Muroi : I like him the most out of all male characters because despite being human, despite not being of the same as the creatures of the night he tried to understand from their point of view: He didn't instantly hate them he tried to see from their point of view and even protected them despite how different he was.

2. Welcome to the NHK: Sato, I can identify with him so incredibly much, I understand how life can be depressing and sometimes difficult. I realize it's hard to keep motivated when you're depressed or how it's hard just to even socialize and get mixed up in things you don't quite understand. I myself having social anxiety understand and relate so much it's disturbing. I use to stay at home 24/7 before I got a job and long story short I hadn't left my house in a very long time out side of certain obligations.

3. Welcome to the NHK: Yamazaki, while I don't agree with his easily angered personality which sato balances out quite nicely. I do enjoy watching him be so passionate for his interest in his favorite anime and his collecting habits. I also love how he swears himself to 2D girls only but you know in the back of his mind he's lonely and wishes he could find the right person to love. While Anime is good and can be a fun hobby with friends or a relationship partner the hobby isn't always enough.

Amnesia: Toma, Diabolik Lovers: Subaru, Black Butler Sebastian, Steins;Gate: Kyouma, Anohana: Popo, InuYasha: Miroku, Mushishi: Ginko, Hotarubi no Mori e: Gin,

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
" A Houngan is wandering, away from its swarm. "

||| Art from Hamatora is my favorite character. I liked him since I first saw him but initially he wasn't my favorite right off the bat. But over time he grew on me, and now he's my #1. heart

" The wandering Houngan logged out "
Hmm,
I'll steal a format from above and list my favorite male and female anime characters.

Male: Shinji Ikari from Neon Genisis Evangelion
Just how I like my anime, I prefer my characters to be real and tangible, and so I can truly be a fan of what I consider the most realistic depiction of a teenage boy preparing to fight off invading alien lifeforms with religious undertones bent on destroying all of humanity. He's just a plain frightened whiny b***h-a** teenage boy, with a hell of a lot of problems on his table, trying to making really difficult decisions. And that's ******** entertaining. The most likable thing I find in Shinji is how much I can empathize with him, while still wanting to rip his ******** head off.

Female: Koko Kaga from Golden Time the animated adaption
Again I truly admire Koko's character for it's realism. Koko is by far one of the most authentic girls in anime; she is no ditsy moe five-year-old-eighteen-year-old girl or perfect wifu, wifu. She has her own agenda, her own reasons for doing things and her own tremendously unbelievable ******** up's; Again it's more of a hate love relationship. She is more of real person than a character, or at the very least a very flushed out character, and that's what I look for in my favorites.

Loyal Elder

Kirenisia
I have a lot but some of them are

Female:

School Days: Katsura, she's my number 1 favorite female character! She has this personality that makes me want to hug and protect her from everyone.. especially after you watch how she slowly loses it in the Anime version of school days. The entire anime I felt sorry for her and in the Visual Novel I did all her good routes. She has a sweet personality though timid and has very cute interests and some you wouldn't expect either. If I recall in the visual novel she likes horror films.

You, I like you. I especially like when she brings the fruit knife to school planning to kill the girl Makoto was dating and how it was played for laughs. Imagine getting that scene and not knowing about her bad ends.

@Thread: No particular order
Akane Tsunemori (Psycho-pass)
Shogo Makishima (Psycho-pass)
The Silbyl System
(Psycho pass)

Akemi Homura (Madoka Magica)
Kyubey (Madoka Magica)

Zwei (Phantom: Requiem of the Phantom/Phantom of Inferno)
Young Cal (Phantom: Requiem of the Phantom/Phantom of Inferno)

(Black/Culprit) Battler Ushiromiya (Umineko no Naku Koro ni/Chiru/Forgeries/Ougon Musou)
Erika Furudo (Umineko no Naku Koro Ni Chiru)

Keiichi Maebara(Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni)
Rena Ryuugu (Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni)

Hanayo Koizumi (Lovelive!)
Rin Hoshizora (Lovelive)

Okabe Rintaro (Steins;Gate)
Mayuri Shiina (Steins;Gate)

Yuri Nakamura (Angel Beats!)

Princess of the Crystal (Mawaru Penguindrum)

Lelouch Lamperouge (Code Geass)

Light (Death Note)

Sagara Sousuke (Full Metal Panic)

Kazumi -German last name- (Brynhildr in the Darkness)

Koko (Jormungand)

Derflinger (Zero no Tsukaima)

Everyone (Gurren Lagann)

Fluffy Sex Symbol

10,725 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Married 100
  • Friendly 100
Mine is Tomoe from Kamisama Kiss. He`s just adorable and funny.

Newbie Noob

Saito from Rurouni Kenshin and G.I.T.S
Haku from Naruto
Gohan from DBZ
Daru from Steins;Gate
Lain from Serial Experiments Lain
Before I get into this, I want to point out that I think Bleach is a really lousy anime. The story goes haywire all the time, nothing gets me invested into the plot, and the only entertainment value comes from finding a character you want to invest in, learning about the lore, and enjoying the fight scenes.

With that said, I really like Hisagi Shuuhei. Though he's not a major character, he did get that one episode that fleshed out his character nicely, and I gotta say, I was really impressed.

The first thing that caught my attention was the contrast between his outwards personality, and his zanpakuto. Kazeshini is a brutal and cruel weapon: it's forte is in binding opponents, catching them off-guard with sneak attacks, and all other kinds of under-handed tactics. Shuuhei himself remarks on how he hates his weapon because it's not only functions as a device of cruelty, but the very look of it flat out freaks him out.

When you consider that the Zanpakutou is the physical embodiment of a person's soul, you have to wonder how this unfair and murderish looking tool could possibly be an extension of such a cool-headed, hard-working and seemingly honest guy.

As his character is further exposed, I realized that deep down inside, Shuuhei might be a sociopath. He's had to deal with so many failures in his life, from sitting helplessly while his friends were about to be butchered to watching his squad mates die under his command, but his inexpressive personality bottled all that frustration inside of him and created something freakish that even he doesn't know how to deal with.

Taking all that into consideration, where does his strong sense of morality come from? He's well-liked by his peers, puts others before himself, and genuinely puts a considerable amount of hard work into everything he does.

Then I found my answer: it's the people around him, the role models, that inspired the good in him. Kensei Muguruma, who saved his life when he was a kid and inspired him to become a Shinigami. Kaname Tousen, who was his mentor and teacher for a majority of his Recruit years. Izuru Kira, his best friend. All these people were good to him, helped him grow, taught him to stand on his feet and helped him build a strength of character that can overcome that darkness inside him. Now he uses it as a weapon to save others.

I'll give Kubo this, while he sucks at story-writing, he does make some pretty awesome characters.
Probably Kiba from Wolf's Rain.

Ed from Full Metal Alchemist.

...To be honest I have so many I would have to write a novel. xd

Space Genius

My favourite female anime character is Lina Inverse, because she impresses me with her courage, perseverance and adamant personality.

My favourite male anime character is Spike Spiegel. What I like the most about this guy is his magnetic charisma and charming smile. He is my eternal anime crush, and I always blush at his close-ups.

manalian's Husband

Celebrating Waffles

15,850 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Kamina from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann = because he is so MANLY! His quotes always pushes me forward and I admire him a lot. 4laugh

Sora from No game, no life = "No game no life", the anime that I've underestimated because of having the "ecchi" genre. But when I saw this guy, it made me watch the anime and now he is one of my favorites. emotion_yatta

Jotaro Kujo from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure -Stardust Crusade- = Simple! ...ORA!
ORA! ORA! ORA! ORA! ORA! ORA! ORA! ORA! emotion_dowant

Madoka Kaname from Puella Magi Madoka Magica = Because she is my anime waifu of teh month. She is so adorbs! emotion_awesome emotion_bigheart

OG Fatcat

4,425 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Building the Army 50
  • Divorced 100
My fav anime character is Kyoko from Skip Beat cuz she is hilarious and evil xD I highly recommend Skip Beat it is sooo cute!

6,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
DeliriousRaving
My fav anime character is Kyoko from Skip Beat cuz she is hilarious and evil xD I highly recommend Skip Beat it is sooo cute!

I'm kind of picky, so I must ask- what is Skip Beat about?

9,250 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
*points to signature*
Maka Albarn (Soul Eater)
Yoko Ritona (TTGL)
Phoenix Ikki (Saint Seiya)
Kimimaro Kaguya (Naruto)

mv 's Bestie

Punk

17,325 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Timid 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
First of all, this thread is for all the "favorite characters".

Secondly, It's hard for me to pick one favorite character out of all of them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff