Welcome to Gaia! ::

For me that would be Oisin's for the eyes xd
I bought them long ago and never looked back.. still love them until now xD even when they were 'cheap' from all the RIG drops I never regretted not selling them at their peak.

Time-traveling Bookworm

29,275 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Bookworm 100
  • Survivor 150
*fangirl squeals* A Harley Quinn item?! Why did I not know about this??? gonk Love the HQ avis btw.

I've had that happen a few times- don't remember which items they were... but yeah, it's happened. At first, I'm like, "Arrgh! I could've waited a little longer?" but that usually doesn't last long as I'm just happy to have the item. lol If I can afford it, and it's a multipose item, then I may buy a second one at the lower price.

CAPCHA says "go berserk". Oh yeah, I go berserk for an HQ item. emotion_dowant

Kawaii Bunny

I don't know if it's happened to me. When I buy items, it's to keep, so I don't tend to keep up with the price. Unless I like the item enough that I want a second one, and it that case, it's usually got more expensive.

Antagonistic Regular

I buy and sell items all the time. but my more expensive items, I keep. I have made some really good investments over the past couple weeks, surprisingly. One example would be Sunday Stroll: I bought it about at about 31-34b. Now it's SKY rocketing to nearly 80b. I'd say 50b+ profit was good.
I'm more attached to smaller items. One posed items and such. It's hard to let them go. sweatdrop

Ruthless Shapeshifter

Seeing as I can barely afford to buy anything these days...
this is basically what I live on. XD
Buying all those things that have horribly deflated and nobody
wants to wear now. >__>;

Thank goodness for those or I'd be stuck with the items I've had
2 years ago. LOL

Devoted Heckler

I couldn't give a s**t if I bought it for keeps and I generally don't invest in items that could significantly drop.

I think my biggest drop/loss was a few years ago when I bought a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel for 22mil and it bottomed at 900k. To put that in context, it was about half the price of a D-Tail back when those were actually rare. I didn't care and I knew it would drop - I just had to have it.

Shirtless Fatcat

I've avoided buyig thing things in the past because i was 100% sure they would deflate and i would kick myself. Now i'm kicking myself cause instead of a few hundred thousand gold, those items are in the millions/billions. I just buy now, I dont really care

If i want it enough and i have the gold it's work the possibility it may deflate

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
I do sort of care when the price of an item has dropped, but it's not because of worth, but rather because I could have waited to buy it at a low price. And these days, it's hard to know whether an item is going to deflate or inflate.

Shameless Nymph

20,150 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Married 100
  • Lovingly Advice 25
SDPlus #424 Renard is ones of those for me. I remember when it was first released, I really wanted it, and then I bought it when it was released again for about 20M (I guess that's equivalent to today's 30B) and then it just kept being released and tanked even more. I didn't regret it much and loved the hair, now I hardly use it and still don't regret it xD

Also Merciful Demoness is an item like that for me, I got it right before major inflation hit for 1B (which was a HUGE HUGE HUGE amount to me back then, like even a few million was a good amount for me) and then inflation hit, kept it, and then they released it in that spending rewards a week or two ago. It's tanked since then (still worth more than I paid) but I don't regret not selling it, it's my favorite item to use for the legs!

I dont think I've had anything recent though...most items have gone up since I bought them to be honest >.<
Hi All!

This is my first time back to Gaia in about... 5 years.

I am having the opposite issue and am in total shock at the price inflation. My Nightmare scarf was one of the most wanted items back then at 700,000. And it only came in black. Now it is worth 10,500,000,000??? My Golden Laurels are 100 billion? Excuse me?

I have trillions of dollars worth of items in my inventory and equipped. I can't imagine anyone being able to save that much for these items! Then again it looks like there are alot of new nice affordable items that have come out the past 5 years.

Anyway, kind of a pointless post but its my first post in 5 years and I felt like I should write something somewhere smile

Snarky Vampire

39,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Champion 300
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
As a matter of fact, yes. Several times. The most recent was Actaeon's Curse, which I bought for the eyes I currently have on most of my avatars at 900m. While it has occasionally exceeded that, for the most part it's stayed below, usually floating around 700m or so. With two different sets of very nice eyes to choose from, it's hard to regret buying it regardless of what the current price is.

minghii's Compadre

Sexy Bun

Uhhh, I bought something for 150bil and now it's 50bil. I don't really want to say what it is because it's kind of embarrassing how dumb that decision was. emotion_facepalm

Usually this doesn't bother me, I lose a couple billion in some bad investments all the time. But it's usually like 10-50bil.
But 100bil...All the s**t I could buy with that. gonk

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces