Welcome to Gaia! ::

In a relationship with VICTUURl

Hardcore Man-Lover

Dood, why Star Fighter so early? GDI, I love it!
But for $110? Hell to the NO.
Let me take the first train to nope ville.

Also, I can't believe the Fighter sold out so fast...!
And I was thinking I could nab one if I found working offers earlier today.
crying crying But a lovely lady gifted me one, SHE IS AN ANGEL, AN ABSOLUTE ANGEL!

Shirtless Fatcat

OH MY GOD A REVE RECOLOR PRAISE THE LORD!

Stone-cold Cat

20,840 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Citizen 200
Maybe.. Maybe they will recolour parts of P's Urn?
Cause gawd knows a recolour of that hefty posed thing would sell well.
Hooded Fighter went away too quickly emo

Queen_Nyssa's Waifu

Biggest Anubutt

19,850 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Survivor 150
Jayce Reinhardt
Allie Priestess of Nui
User Image

User Image нι! αℓℓιє נυѕт ωαитѕ тσ ѕαу»
WELP GAIA FINALLY HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD WITH A MALE ITEM

I'm going to not have to pay 200bil for it though come on gaiz really can we not

Would have been brilliant with non leg mod pants but still a cool item.

And I would have sold anything I had to if that reve was in the same olive as the wasteland.

User Image

User Image нι! αℓℓιє נυѕт ωαитѕ тσ ѕαу»
I always thought that reve item took some real creativity to use effectively anyways gonk Olive would've made that a must have for most steampunk fans (which I take it from that avi you might be lol)

And pants for the fighter... pants also take some skill to make look good. I always envy people who can stay away from leg mods and still make a nice avi. I just don't like a lot of the shoes on this site for some reason .-.

IRL Guest

Gaia did a fantastic job with Hooded Fighter, but it doesn't really interest me. Idk why, maybe it's the color gonk

Aged Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Cool Cat 500
  • The Sweetest 250
Pankontra

Yup sweatdrop

I'm trying to figure out what's the best item to buy out of the CS to sell for at least one of the fighters x.x

Fallen Pants

55,440 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I've only just logged in, I never stood a chance at getting a hooded fighter. crying

such a great item, it needs dozen of recolours.

Dantrech's Princess

Demure Trash

the eyes at Josie's Jaunt are lovely!!!!!!!!!!!! emotion_kirakira emotion_kirakira

Big Member

20,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Whatnoooooooo

Just a I decided to spend to buy the Fighter 8 m8

Enduring Loiterer

14,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Big Tipper 100
God DAMN IT, of all the ways they could have recolored the vibrant, colorful Josie item they had to go with ugly as sin MONOCHROME.

emotion_donotwant x 1000
Seabook Arno
Pankontra

Yup sweatdrop

I'm trying to figure out what's the best item to buy out of the CS to sell for at least one of the fighters x.x
If nothing can be found at the moment, its good to wait maybe til the fighter deflates...if it will that is >A>

Dantrech's Princess

Demure Trash

Frothy
God DAMN IT, of all the ways they could have recolored the vibrant, colorful Josie item they had to go with ugly as sin MONOCHROME.

emotion_donotwant x 1000

there's also one in blue ^^

Magical Bunny

TehChich
Cresceres
TehChich
Nyadriel
TehChich

I would do it ;A; I would recolor them all. And they would look sexy af.

They are missing some poses in their files. The Artists who made the items are not working for Gaia anymore and they took the files with them when they left.

Sounds like a huge cop-out, and an excuse for laziness. Because it's totally impossible to access these images used on their own site in any other way :T

They don't have the PSD files. The files accessed and used by the site are not in PSD format. While they could edit the stuff we see, it's difficult to say how many layers that were once used in the original file. For example, the first Pale Marionette? Had well over 60 layers. WELL OVER. This is why the newer recolored original Pale Marionettes look like crap, they don't have the original PSD.

I doubt that they can't access the individual pieces in the system. They're clearly in all their pieces if they're still working correctly. It really just seems like they hit a wall, and instead of trying to figure out a way over it, just decided to give up and do this. :T

You seem to misunderstand what a layer is! A layer in this case is not what's accessed by an individual piece in the system. Typically, when you paint something in Photoshop, you do so with several different layers. By throwing all the color upon one layer, you end up with a very stiff piece that isn't available for easy editing.

Gaia items are made with this method. They aren't done on one layer, colors are applied with several different layers instead. The newer Pale Marionette recolors do not have access to the layers from the original file, they're stuck doing the paint over method.

Or a better example is Alruna's Petal. They do not have the original PSD file of Alruna's Rose, thus the recolor artist cannot change the gradients that item achieves, and has to do a force filter. This makes the item look flat.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff