Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Phantom

6,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Thread Flip 150
Peekay Love

Holy cow. It's 11:30 P.M. for me P: Well hm... Names names names... If we need a kingdom name... *pulls up name generator* Wellhallow, Acredge, Clearbridge, Dracdell, Eastviolet are some nice ones I just got... Bylyn, Valacre, Spellmon... Ooh, Faywynne. I like that one. Pick whatever you like or if you think of something better go ahead owo
Shikigami-Shiro Kuromasa

Oh right, I could use a name generator haha! I was thinking something like 'Arclight' for the capital that stuck with me. Hm hm, so the capital and the immediate civilized areas are more 'strong', good and divine namings, with the outer being more rustic bright like Eastviolet. A major neighboring kingdom would be more earthy and Celtic, Faywynne sounds like a nice druid base society.

*scuttles off to keep cleaning and bounce ideas around*
Shikigami-Shiro Kuromasa

Quick text dump of what I've been playing with before I go sleep. Hopefully I got the slight manipulative and aggressive tone right. Poke and prod and change whatever.

-

"Welcome, freshly hatched Keepers, to your new home and family."

The booming of dragon and human voices alike ring in welcome throughout the streets of the Seeker's District. Women and men of various ages and walks of life stand before the Royl Family's own Seeker Army, dressed in full regalia for this occasion. The half yearly Hatching has occurred, the new human-dragon pairs now entering the training to become the fierce scaled protectors of Arclight and her people. It is an honor, a privilege, be be bonded with one of the great dragons and to serve the royal family for the rest of their life.

The Citystate of Arclight. Nested between the Kyh Sea and The Glinting Mountains, the high white towers of the city are protected by well kept walls and the fierce military that are ever vigilant. Under the rule of the royal family who the city bears the name of, Arclight and her people enjoy unparalleled safety.

The main source of this protection comes from the respected Seekers - humans whose very souls are bound from birth to a dragon. When a Seeker is chosen by the citystate and presented their egg, they are honored with the permanent drafting into the special Seeker Army. It does not matter where a Seeker may of been born or what path of life they previously walked, they begin anew as the dedicated protectors of Arclight.

A Quick Guide for Seekers

Dragons

There are three constants between all Seekers and their dragon
1. every dragon has one elemental affinity, though the human retains their ability to manipulate all elements
2. while they posses great magic, dragons can not change the shape of themselves or others
3. when one half of the bond dies for any reason, the other too shall perish

Magic

All Seekers must remember: light does not equal good, dark does not equal evil. What matters is that you continue your duty to protect Arclight and carry out the wishes of the royal family.

Seekers are able to draw the elemental magic from their dragon but are still encouraged to keep other enchanted items on their personage. You will be taught on how to imbue your weapons and armor with the magic of your dragon, with all Seekers being provided one high quality weapon to enchant. All further equipment must be earned and proven you are worthy of such boons.

Versatile Loiterer

Hello... saw this thread last night, but was too sleepy to pop in. Have to rush off to work, but I am interested in an RP with dice rolls.^^ I hosted one back in the day that had an arena to it, and used gaia's dice in combat. I liked it.

Anyway... I'll pop by again later? The rp looks fun from what's being plotted so far, and a thread or guild is fine to me.
Pyonchan

Yay another person! Please throw ideas and such out I feel bad doing all this without any other input aha

Friendly Phantom

6,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Thread Flip 150
Okay, after a day of planning and color scheming here is the thread for the roleplay~ Click me!

Peekay Love rolled 2 6-sided dice: 1, 4 Total: 5 (2-12)

*thumbs up*

roll roll roll... rolling for two characters~

Peekay Love rolled 1 6-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-6)

So a wind and a fire NPC types...

and one more for a newbie!

edit: OH LAWD newbie turns out to be a shadow dragon haha. At least wind and fire are obvious choices for a flying instructor and an enchanter ahaha

Friendly Phantom

6,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Thread Flip 150
Hahaha~ Peekay, it's okay if you wanna plan some NPC's out and get their rolls here, but newcomer characters going to roll in-game @u@ so like, when your character actually gets to the nursery in-game you can roll for their type. That's why there's no "element" or "dragon" slots on the character profiles
Got it! I'll rustle up a few sort NPC profiles.

Need a sort section more about magic in this 'verse, just while I remember to mention it

Shikigami-Shiro Kuromasa rolled 0 6-sided dice: Total: 0 (0-0)

Friendly Phantom

6,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Thread Flip 150
ljugthawspoerifdsg Kay. (rolling for NPC)

Shikigami-Shiro Kuromasa rolled 1 6-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-6)

Friendly Phantom

6,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Thread Flip 150

Versatile Loiterer

Everything is looking really interesting.^^
I might be missing it, but do we have a clear antagonist or arch group?
Pyonchan
Everything is looking really interesting.^^
I might be missing it, but do we have a clear antagonist or arch group?

Arclight has a constant active military and freakin' dragons, conflict is kind of their thing even though the deny such terrible accusations against the Arclight family, who strive to keep their citystate a free and peaceful realm that honours loyalty, hard work and dedication to their people who would never want to leave or rise arms against their fellow countrymen, it's just unheard of! Well, you do hear rumors of the murder Seekers who wanted to abandon their drafting but those die out quickly, since it's obviously just some traitors trying to turn everyone against the royal family by framing them for the deaths of foreign born Seekers. Didn't you hear, they're targeting Faywynn born Seekers since there's been word of radicals from the forest based kingdom wanting to 'break the tyrannical hold the Arclight have over dragons'. What hogwash.

There's inner threats like xenophobes and Seeker Purists. There's outer threats like foreign powers not wanting to continue to trust that Arclight won't suddenly turn to conquest. There's neutral threats like magical creature poachers, beasts that lurk in the Glinting Mountains, feral sea dragons that get riled up by raiding pirates...

hm I need to go make a map and do some brief write ups of the neighboring countries and such
Shikigami-Shiro Kuromasa
Hiya~ Shiki here. Lately I've had an idea I've been itching to try, and if I'm going to do it, I might as well ask for input, and see if I can make it work long-term!

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The Idea:
The idea itself is pretty straight forward; the roleplay would utilize Gaia's dice roll mechanic to decide the fate of your stories in the roleplay. Sort of like D&D. It would be used to determine things like:

- who wins a battle when two players/teams are in combat
- mystery outcomes, in which I or another GM would assign numbers to the options
- role assignment in cases where it is needed, in which GM's assign numbers to ranks/classes

In Detail:
Specifically, I'd like to do a medieval/16th century style dragon academy(-ish) roleplay with this idea in use. So things like a player's dragon type would be decided by the dice roll.
It would be a long-term story of being assigned a dragon, learning to fight alongside that dragon, going to war, and then the next generation repeats the cycle. Click the "Spoiler" button below to learn exactly what I have in mind for the dice roll function.

So to explain a bit deeper as to the dice roll (because I know someone is going to be confused), let's say, for example, you're starting out and your dragon is about to hatch. The GM has assigned these types to the following numbers at the start of the roleplay:
roll a 1: water type dragon
roll a 2: stone type dragon
roll a 3: fire type dragon
roll a 4: forest type dragon

Then, when you are ready to post, you will click "post action">"roll dice" > select "four sided dice" from the drop down menu> enter "1" in the box below.
From there, you will post. When you do, you will find a little action box above your post telling you which number you rolled, and in turn, the type of dragon you would receive in this situation. Simple enough!

As for battles, you would roleplay normally up until you and your partner agree it is time to bring the battle to a close. You will both roll a dice (of whatever number sides the GMs have decided on). The one who rolls the higher number, wins the fight~ and you must then roleplay according to the fate the dice have chosen. Sounds fun, doesn't it?

Taking It To You:
So what do you think? Does it sound fun? Would you be willing to take part in a roleplay like this? I want to hear your comments. Lastly, (this may seem like too much to some people) I have an old guild that has become dead for quite some time, and I'd love to turn it into a guild for the idea mentioned above. Personally, I hate roleplaying in a bunch of different settings under just one thread - but that could be just me. What do you think about that? Would it help to make this roleplay into a guild? Or is it unnecessary?
I also want to know what stories you'd like to play out using the dice roll function, and hey, maybe we can go with it? A zombie apocalypse roleplay with the dice roll? Sounds fun to me! Really, let me know what you would do, I'm really itching to use this idea.

Hi there. I am interested in trying this idea with you. Pm me and we can discuss it more smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff