Welcome to Gaia! ::

Celestial Guardian

60,975 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Worthy Challenger 25
  • Budding Witch 250
you think Gaia gone TOO far? Yes, but there's not much we can do and those who have the ability to... just don't care. I mostly lurk in the SF now just to see the rage and complaints. Used to post quite a bit there when this mess first started and Flynn's Booty was somewhat newish there, now? I just don't see the point to and am kind of in the 'f**k it' mindset these days.

will another scandal brake in result of another? Oh probably, given that this is Neo-Gaia we're talking about.

you want some popcorn? Nah, I already have a bag of chips on hand. sweatdrop

Time-traveling Senshi

Magically Clueless
Did something specific happen? I check in SF often but I haven't noticed anything... then again, I haven't gone today.

I very much like reading SF, but I'm not very interested in 133TGate or whatever is going on. That's kinda old now and I never completely understood it in the first place... just Gaia being terrible as is usual.

Nothing specifically new but this is about drama threads in general like the time a user complained that Gaia was harassing their boyfriend because of their elk NPC or the general "for shame Gaia why are you putting out near on smut items on this site" stuff. It's more than just people trying to expose the evils of the site and everyone should be shocked and dismayed by it and be up in arms all the time kind of stuff.

Mysterious Trickster

Eurydice Evyn
Chibi Halo

The silly things like "you're intentionally making fun of my boyfriend with an elk NPC" are forum gold and so worthy of the "-_-" face.

I have to ask... is that a real incident? sweatdrop

Yes.
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/memorable-threads/closed-just-drop-it-its-done-stop/t.78495285/

Kanth's Senpai

Shirtless Abomination

There is something about train wrecks that just makes you want to watch as long as the subsequent derailing doesn't fly your way.

Just get some popcorn and enjoy the dramacoaster.

Apocalyptic Spotter

18,325 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Eurydice Evyn
Chibi Halo

The silly things like "you're intentionally making fun of my boyfriend with an elk NPC" are forum gold and so worthy of the "-_-" face.

Yes it is, and it was glorious.

I check SF and GCD every now and then. SF to see what I should probably give a s**t about, if I gave a s**t about this site anymore. And I come into the GCD to check the new item lists so I can buy up everything I like out of Loyal's newest recolor Gate thingamajig.

Lashtal's Wife

Advanced Punk

22,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Hellraiser 500
Spacebabie76
They are fun to read and I mostly lurk, but there are people who have legit complaints and people with good ideas. People do need to take a break from attacking and maybe just question why others dislike the admins or defend the admins without resulting in insults.

What is setting my teeth on edge is the one bully/troll in Site Feedback. I have pmed people to not engage with her and from now on if she quotes me I will refuse to answer her. No I will not put her on ignore, but I will report her if I catch her harassing people again.

*knows who you're talking about and put her on ignore for my own sanity.*

O.G. Gaian

26,090 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
To me they get boring quickly when there's no updates and it's just people showing their "shock."
Kain-Senpai
Eurydice Evyn
Chibi Halo

Yes.
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/memorable-threads/closed-just-drop-it-its-done-stop/t.78495285/

Oh! I posted there.
I also posted in this other SF gold.

Fashionable Shapeshifter

any place intended for user-admin dialog is going to attract strange people from all over the site. its not exactly a truthful thing to treat the SF forum like its the GCD when the number of users passing through there is so high

it has its regs like any forum does, a group of people who start threads and hang around to watch over them, form relationships with each other... but i see a lot of unfamiliar usernames every day, people who post once or twice and dont come back to the SF for months at a time, if they do at all. those people tend to reg other places on the site and only come by when they have a grievance to air, or something they really want

well, thats just the reality of it. as for the topic of the thread,
its easy enough to treat the SF like its a circus show when you dont get yourself involved in the forum. i avoid the threads with the arguing tbh, and dont get my jollies from snarking over other people's business so. i guess i dont find it very funny

Mysterious Trickster

UNSUB
Kain-Senpai
Eurydice Evyn
Chibi Halo

Yes.

Oh! I posted there.
I also posted in this other SF gold.

Lawls! I posted in that one! Good times were had.

Stellar Succubus

There's always been drama in site feedback.

It's essentially somewhere to put forth complaints, but because the response to those complaints isn't immediate, it can cause ire.

I don't find drama entertaining, so I will decline the popcorn. People often have legitimate reasons for complaining, so I find it wrong to be entertained by it, but on the same token, I won't participate in angry threads because I dislike conflict caused by opinion sharing.

Passion is fine but I have a great respect and admiration for high levels of self control far more than unbridled passion resulting in anger.

Time-traveling Senshi

Eurydice Evyn
Chibi Halo

Oh yes it is. It's as real as the seven on your keyboard. This one user was claiming that Gaia was making fun of men and her fiance all because his name happened to be Carl as well. She said that they both felt insulted by the fact that Carl the elk existed on Gaia and that her fiance "had been through a lot" but never said what it was he'd been through and why, other than the claim his existence makes fun of men, Carl was so insulting. She either wanted him gone or for Gaia to rename Carl because she hates seeing an elk with the same name as her fiance. It was so hilarious and so out there with the responses people had and the way she responded to them that Gaia turned it into a Memorable Thread. And as you'll plainly see in the first post she threw a hissy fit and either had or pretended to have her roommate post on her behalf calling everyone who called her out on her ridiculous claims trolls. It ended in the classic "if you don't agree with me you're all a bunch of trolls" tactic. xp

EDIT: Wow I see someone beat me to it.

Surl E Dean's Fangirl

Invisible Lunatic

23,025 Points
  • NPCon Fanatic 500
  • NPCon Attendee 100
Eurydice Evyn
Chibi Halo

I think it's in memorable forums but basically it was due to both sharing the same name. It was one of those things that was a train wreck from the beginning because they were serious.

Celestial Star

45,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Ian's Valentine 100

Time-traveling Senshi

Sheshira
Eurydice Evyn
Chibi Halo

I think it's in memorable forums but basically it was due to both sharing the same name. It was one of those things that was a train wreck from the beginning because they were serious.

And the fact that Carl actually posted in there was pure gold.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff