Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sexy Punk

40,340 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Fearsome 200
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Xashowd
Lynx Saint Keiya
So pretty! I can't wait for next week's update! Hey what if Saffron's a girl? And the reason Briar/Mephiste wants revenges is because s/he was spurned by Saffron and vowed revenge in the whole of their line?

Scythes, Watermelon, and Flowing Breezes.
These are the things that bring me Joy.

That's what I'm starting to think too...To be honest, I'd be disappointed if the story took that route. Feels too obvious. Maybe next week will prove me wrong...

As for the poses, the circlet is really nice, but I don't think Laguna will wear the leggings...not much in her invo that matches it. The Circlet however will look very nice.

I am Xashowd, the Nocturne Zephyr!
The circlet is pretty and I do like the leg pose. But even if Saffron is a guy I'm thinking it's going to be a love spurned kind of thing. But who knows? Maybe I'll be wrong. *shrugs*

Fluffy Otaku

Kiarra-Chan
Editing the thread now.

New Discussion Point: The present from Saffron is the same color scheme as Rosamund's. So that probably means that Rosamund is the descendant of Aurelian yvles?

Interesting hypothesis...
Saffron reminded me of the cooking spice of the same name and looked it up.
In Wikipedia:

Saffron from Iran, Spain and Kashmir is classified into various grades according to the relative amounts of red stigma and yellow styles it contains. Grades of Iranian saffron are: "sargol" (red stigma tips only, strongest grade), "pushal" or "pushali" (red stigmas plus some yellow style, lower strength), "bunch" saffron (red stigmas plus large amount of yellow style, presented in a tiny bundle like a miniature wheatsheaf) and "konge" (yellow style only, claimed to have aroma but with very little, if any, colouring potential).

Sounds pretty much like Rosamund's colors alright.
Looks like it as well...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Incidentally, like Briar, who was named after a flower, Saffron is also a flower

Nine-tailed Kitsune

66,425 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Novice Dungeon Explorer 50
Lynx Saint Keiya
So pretty! I can't wait for next week's update! Hey what if Saffron's a girl? And the reason Briar/Mephiste wants revenges is because s/he was spurned by Saffron and vowed revenge in the whole of their line?

Then Saffron is the biggest b***h ever.

Nine-tailed Kitsune

66,425 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Novice Dungeon Explorer 50
Magnificent Moonbeam
Hearing of the race Briar is, what if they're related to the Kuro clan before the Don's mother had an affair with a vampire? Or at least have a form of connection between them? Even if it was all in the past.

eek OMG, I hadn't thought about that... could explain quite a bit...

Pierced Werewolf

45,925 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Devin 200
Questing:
I have an opinion on how the Ciel stories fit into the Gaian Universe.
Sainte Ciel Agape and Rosamund's Revenge are sort of like the history books.
Sainte Ciel Eros is a paperback romance novel based on the history.
Rose Saga to me feels like somebody found L'Histoire de Sainte Ciel and wrote a fanfic.
I am still waiting to see how L'Histoire de Mephiste turns out to see where it fits in this theory.

bbetularia's Husband

Naughty Nymph

20,700 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Magical Girl 50
Aaaaah, those legs! Those heels are almost exactly like the ones Rosamund wore in her pose in Sainte Ciel: Eros, I've been wishing so so so so much that we'd be able to wear them sometime! <3

BigHatt's Rival

Acidic Fox

52,025 Points
  • I'm A Potato 500
  • Tainted Angel 500
  • Double Orobouros 500
Knight of Britannia

EDIT: Nvm, I realized you might have meant the story? xD My reading comprehension is terrible today.
They are small, aren't they. sweatdrop

Yeah, story. If it really is a suitor just...meh. Tired of people using relationships to write a story, rather than actual plot. Especially with how short the EI-tales are. Several of the recent ones have been love based in some form.

Like I told someone else: I can go out and have my own relationship, I can't ride a dragon. Romance is just kinda bleh for me because there's not much going on a person can't do in real life. I'd be wasting my time reading/watching something that's usually meant to have a happy ending anyway.

That being said, it could all be a trap, but it is the sunny kingdom, so she'll probably fall in love in a day only to have the other person die or something, and then turn to dark magic after.

Romance is predictable and meh to me.

Dominant Lover

13,075 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
That sexy leg pose... I NEED TO BUY THIS REI. Just... Not yet because I'm going to wait another 2 evolutions. xd :

Sexy Punk

40,340 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Fearsome 200
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Friend of the Goat 100
Hoshika Bayushi
Lynx Saint Keiya

Then Saffron is the biggest b***h ever.
Even if Saffron turns out to be a dude? Actually wait...that happens all the time. More ladies please.

Nanzzy-chan's Problem

Spicy Librarian

43,675 Points
  • Potion Master 50
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Master Librarian 500
Magnificent Moonbeam
Hearing of the race Briar is, what if they're related to the Kuro clan before the Don's mother had an affair with a vampire? Or at least have a form of connection between them? Even if it was all in the past.

Would that make "Mephiste" (if Mephiste ends up being an evil spirit like entity instead of actually Briar) be Nyx?

Demonic Lunatic

15,325 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
CioccoLatte
Kiarra-Chan
Editing the thread now.

New Discussion Point: The present from Saffron is the same color scheme as Rosamund's. So that probably means that Rosamund is the descendant of Aurelian yvles?

Interesting hypothesis...
Saffron reminded me of the cooking spice of the same name and looked it up.
In Wikipedia:

Saffron from Iran, Spain and Kashmir is classified into various grades according to the relative amounts of red stigma and yellow styles it contains. Grades of Iranian saffron are: "sargol" (red stigma tips only, strongest grade), "pushal" or "pushali" (red stigmas plus some yellow style, lower strength), "bunch" saffron (red stigmas plus large amount of yellow style, presented in a tiny bundle like a miniature wheatsheaf) and "konge" (yellow style only, claimed to have aroma but with very little, if any, colouring potential).

Sounds pretty much like Rosamund's colors alright.
Looks like it as well...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Incidentally, like Briar, who was named after a flower, Saffron is also a flower

Everything involving the three ladies (...two ladies and one dude? Or one genderfluid being??) so far has had flowers thematically involved with them.

What I'm more interested in is the fact that an "amber ylf" decided to gift her well before the ball. It probably sounds more like the elves that Luca and his mother used to be before the curse made them "dark". And if Rosamund is indeed also an "amber ylf," or a descendant of one, it explains why Briar-Mephiste likes Rosamund so much.

It reminds her of Saffron.

Sweet Creature

34,275 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Rat Conqueror 500
It's times like these I wish REIs still had mini evos on Tuesdays. I want to see more emotion_kirakira

Hopeful Girl

Kiarra-Chan
Magnificent Moonbeam

Would that make "Mephiste" (if Mephiste ends up being an evil spirit like entity instead of actually Briar) be Nyx?

Mephiste a part of Nyx?! emotion_jawdrop That crazy talk!
Maaaan I got good feelings about this EI~

Creeper Bunny

emotion_drool I sure do love legmods that have defined muscles.

I wonder if the "dark secret" is going to ruin the countries' relationship.
Like, I'll be a wee bit disappointed if there's a "star-crossed lovers" scenario. But, if it's a princess accompanied by a knight that fascinates the ignorant princess Briar with their shiny culture into cursing what she has, wanting more and more..

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff