Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Lover

So...what would have happened if no one paid the 60 trillion is supposedly took to pay off the debt? What, would you guys just close down the shop for good? I mean, I wouldn't put it past you, considering it would be one less gold shop you would have to worry about and just more of a reason to have people buy gaia cash with real money, right? I and genuinely curious as to what would have happened if the goal wasn't met.

oh and for your information, it still isn't open, it is still greyed out and has a lock over the thumbnail...so even f the goal hasn't been met, are you just going to shut it down anyways, with some lame-a** excuse as to why it has to be?....brilliant show, gaia...stay classy...

Quotable Ally

From the Kickstarter page itself:

"Donate 60 Trillion Gold!

H&R Wesley's debts are paid and the store re-opens! *Items will go to other stores if tier is not reached "

So the items would stay regardless.
The store is still locked because the kickstarter isn't over yet.

Oh, but they're PROBABLY raising the gold prices of every item in the store. emotion_donotwant

Perfect Saint

This was probably a calculated move so I doubt it was ever in any danger. Interestingly, the donations seem to have died down a bit...

Even if we didn't hit 60 tril, I bet "any old artist" or staff member could sink the gold and save the day~ [/sarcasm]

Shy Witch

31,850 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
Staff mules would have paid for it.

Generous Bunny

I don't think they expected us to hit the 60tril mark so soon.
I mean - it was hardly 3 days when we hit it, right?
So I think the added tiers were more of a "oh crap, we weren't ready to push this through yet" rather a "Oh let's milk more gold from them" move.

Though..
The fact that I don't think Torii's Gate was finished more than a day (I think it was only hours, actually) before they pushed this out was smart.
They need to time their "kickstarters" better.
at least put a week or two between them. emotion_sweatdrop

Brainy Kitten

17,775 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
There was never any danger of it closing, as it's one of the more beloved shops/characters.
Had it been something like Sam's Body and Parts or Mecha Neko, on the other hand, then that would be interesting. However using shops that fewer people care about won't sell as many GGs, so that will never happen. I'm anxious to see which gold shop is next.
Really, though, this kickstarter seems to have been a sneaky way to jack up the prices at HRW, so I'm sure they'll have to go around and do it to every gold shop eventually.

Familiar Shapeshifter

17,125 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Brandisher 100
Sorta doesn't help that I believe the suspicion that the gold sunk in kickstarter events goes directly to staff mules.

This whole kickstarter was a giant waste of time and effort if there really was any to begin with: especially the banner for it. And I wouldn't be surprised if something fishy is behind it.

And the fact their keeping the shop closed until he can finish the new items is bullshit, just open the damn store Gaia and hopping around the rose bush. And if the changing the prices for the Louie items are true then that s**t ain't worth no prices that high, stick to updating Dernier Cri and the Bazaar for things like that.

Fluffy Cat

16,175 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Pet Trainer 150
Gaia pretty much holds the users in contempt, as they've demonstrated by ignoring practically all feedback for over a year now. They view us as lab rats to be manipulated out of our money via various tricks, scams and enticements.

They aren't going to put any real power in the users' hands, and they will always get the result they want from those gold sinks. They aren't above being dishonest, using "test gold," using staff mules, playing with the counter, or via whatever other underhanded means they can use to achieve what they want to have happen. They probably laugh at the users who still believe they are playing a legitimate game.

They aren't going to give lab rats the power to influence anything on this site that they don't already want done. Releasing those old accounts, for instance -- they didn't do that out of the goodness of their hearts because they actually listened to people. They did it because they were so seriously backlogged on their tickets, they figured they could cancel out a whole bunch of them that way and save themselves some time and money. And if the users were happy about it, that was just a side benefit. Perhaps the idiots would buy some Gaia cash to show their gratitude.

These are my opinions, but this is what I truly believe, based on the way they've treated us and their actions over the past year or so since the new management took over.

Beloved Lover

No, I agree, I just was seriously curious if they would punish gold users anymore than they already have. I know Gaia staff is nothing more than a bunch of money hungry thugs at this point but, I was seriously curious if they would close it down to spite the people that still used gold and refused to buy cash. I mean, at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if they went that far. Though Gary has a history of owning other really successful companies and running them into the ground with his greed. Maybe someone at Gaia, or the staff or whatnot, or even the guys higher up will get it through their thick heads and see that he will cost them their jobs in the long run. I mean, with the recent kickstarter thing, I wouldn't' be surprised if he honestly just forced it to stay closed if it didn't reach it.

Anxious Garbage

R0RA
From the Kickstarter page itself:

"Donate 60 Trillion Gold!

H&R Wesley's debts are paid and the store re-opens! *Items will go to other stores if tier is not reached "

So the items would stay regardless.
The store is still locked because the kickstarter isn't over yet.

Oh, but they're PROBABLY raising the gold prices of every item in the store. emotion_donotwant
They are, check your items in your inventory and their sell back prices.

P.S., if I had saw your quest earlier I would have given you the Masque I was selling.

Perfect Knight

M e i
Staff mules would have paid for it.

... So very true

Perfect Knight

Loobee
Gaia pretty much holds the users in contempt, as they've demonstrated by ignoring practically all feedback for over a year now. They view us as lab rats to be manipulated out of our money via various tricks, scams and enticements.

They aren't going to put any real power in the users' hands, and they will always get the result they want from those gold sinks. They aren't above being dishonest, using "test gold," using staff mules, playing with the counter, or via whatever other underhanded means they can use to achieve what they want to have happen. They probably laugh at the users who still believe they are playing a legitimate game.

They aren't going to give lab rats the power to influence anything on this site that they don't already want done. Releasing those old accounts, for instance -- they didn't do that out of the goodness of their hearts because they actually listened to people. They did it because they were so seriously backlogged on their tickets, they figured they could cancel out a whole bunch of them that way and save themselves some time and money. And if the users were happy about it, that was just a side benefit. Perhaps the idiots would buy some Gaia cash to show their gratitude.

These are my opinions, but this is what I truly believe, based on the way they've treated us and their actions over the past year or so since the new management took over.

They ignore feedback for the most part, unless they can corrupt a concept in it for advantage or send out 'warnings' about the ones posting to it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff