Astounding Loiterer

12,200 Points
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Tycoon 200
Myrielle
Rosalind Hawk
Myrielle
Seems to balance out the gold they get from the DC now. Maybe, they intend to raise the payout of other games as well? They definitely do not look like they intend to fix inflation anyway.

It absolutely would not balance out the gold they get from the DC. I've gone this over in another thread- the prospective prices that have been reported so far are too high when compared to the DC payout. Louie's vest was raised to something around 700k. There's 8 pages per day to claim the daily chance on, not all of which will payout gold (let alone a decent amount of it), and not all newbies understand what it does or that it's something they need to be doing.
Assuming each of the 8 chances pays out 7,500g, it would take 11.66 days to get the 700k vest alone (rounding so probably more days than that). It'd take them a month+ to make an outfit from HR.
If they intend to increase the payout of other things, it's moving very slowly. Post rewards, kicking things in towns, and to some extent even the items you get from playing the games don't really get you anything; and people who are new to the site aren't going to know how to play the market with the game items anyway. They could boost the value of the game items by adding more items to exchange them for, but that's got a snowball's chance in hell of happening it feels like.

If they wanted to goldsink with gold shops, we've already got Dernier Cri.
Which barely has half of a page.

And no, it doesn't look like they intend to fix the inflation. Not at all.
How much was Louie's vest before the price increase and how much do people used to earn gold from the DC? How long would they have had to wait to get one of those vests? More than 11.66 days? Less than 11.66 days? Exactly 11.66 days?

Louie's Wine/Emerald/Plum/Golden Vest Was 15,660g now 783,000g
Daily chance paid out 5g-10,000g. So well under 11.66 days for one item.

Louie's Rose/Cobalt/Teal/Coal Jacket Was 58,800g now 2,940,000g
Fancy Pink Ribbon - 50k was 1k
Fancy Virgin Dress - 25k was 500g
Fancy Gloves - 27.5k was 550g
Fancy Slippers - 32.5k was 650g
Blue High School Uniform Top - 50k was 1k
Blue High School Skirt - 50k was 1k
Black High School Long Coat - 50k was 1k
Black High School Wide Bottom Pants - 50k was 1k
x

Astounding Loiterer

12,200 Points
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Tycoon 200
Amia-Chan
Rosalind Hawk

I tend to make on average ~ 100k a day with DC alone.
I might investigate this on a mule and see exactly how much one can make in a 7 day period (one week) with purely DC.

You should also note that BG now offers 500k a day - while it's hardly anything compared to what it used to be, there's that, if one has the patience and ability to play.

zOMG is being revamped and worked on (supposedly), but I'm hoping that the cap goes up for that as well. Assuming it's capped at 500k a day as well - that's still 1mil a day.
That's quite a lot compared to the "old days" when I first started.

Or maybe back then i just sucked at questing and saving gold. lol
I remember it used to take a week to make 1mil for me personally.
(keep in mind, I was in high school and never purchased gc either).

But is that only on one account? Because I certainly don't make 100k on average from the DC a day with one account. Of course, it's a CHANCE- which is part of the reason why inflating the standard gold shop's prices so severely is problematic.

What's this BG you're talking about? If you mean Booty Grab, the games I've played of it haven't had any kind of modified grant and still pay out 2k. So it'd have to of been a recent change that I'm not aware of. But again, we're talking about newbies being one of the primary users of gold shops. Most of them don't fully understand the site, and they're not going to know what BG is let alone that you can find threads full of people's tanks to play the game on. Some people might not even be able to run it properly.

No one has any idea what's happening with zOMG and it's not going down until the 30th, and they even said that the maintenance could take weeks+.

And yes, I know what it was like 'back in the day'. This account is '06 and my original was 04/05. There's no sense comparing the current gains, though, when the original pales in comparison. MP items are ranging from 200mil-80bil+, and those kinds of numbers weren't even possible/only reserved for the original release items like the Nitemare Scarf and similar.

Top that off with kicking things in towns being useless due to low payout, posting giving low pay out, game items being not too valuable/time consuming to collect/iffy to collect due to game glitches like unsaveable buckets in fishing/newbies won't have any idea how these systems can be turned into any kind of profit.

I'm not against raising the gold shops prices- but we're talking massive inflation, before any of the other systems have been beefed up to compensate, on top of the fact that we already have a gold sink shop that's not receiving updates (Dernier Cri).

imo they're punishing fresh faces more than they're doing any good to balance the economy with the way they're doing things and prioritizing things, which is really not good when people are leaving in high numbers out of frustration.

Generous Bunny

Rosalind Hawk

Yes, it is only one account. This, my main account, which I'm on every day.
Granted, I've hit the "You've logged on 6 out of 7 days!" for a while now, and that may skew how much / what I get.
There are various variables to go into it.
But as a regular user, I can say I make roughly ~100k a day.
Sometimes a shy of it, sometimes more.

And yes, I do mean Booty Grab.
The cap is 500k - meaning, you can play as many tanks as you want until you earn 500k.
The individual tanks themselves will still only push out 2k-5k?
Some have reported earning even more than that per tank, but those are the high-tier ones.
Granted, BG is a little odd and hard to find, but it's still there. it's still an option that's open to everyone.

I do admit, there are things on this site that are confusing and hard for a n00bie.
But, they're still there.
And there are lots of guides and even a forum specifically for asking questions.
So one honestly cannot say 'It's impossible for newbies to make gold' on Gaia during this inflated state when that's, in fact, very wrong.

I will place blame where it goes - and Gaia does need to massively work on its glitches and revamp the games.
Raising gold prices in gold shops is a shady thing to do, and I have not once stated it was okay.
If they had told us previously, then maybe it would be forgivable.
But I don't see the sense in raising old GS prices - when they could merely raise the new updates instead?
It does seem odd, and shady, to me.
Granted, this is assuming that the prices are genuinely raising.
No admin has stated yes or no on the subject - they seem to be avoiding it almost.

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
Nice idea OP. Nothing says "not a (new) user friendly entertaining website", quite like being told you gotta play a game/feature you don't like or don't want to use to earn your gold because the feature you like and want to play doesn't pay out enough 'cause it hasn't been updated.

Perfect Saint

Rosalind Hawk
Myrielle
Rosalind Hawk
Myrielle
Seems to balance out the gold they get from the DC now. Maybe, they intend to raise the payout of other games as well? They definitely do not look like they intend to fix inflation anyway.

It absolutely would not balance out the gold they get from the DC. I've gone this over in another thread- the prospective prices that have been reported so far are too high when compared to the DC payout. Louie's vest was raised to something around 700k. There's 8 pages per day to claim the daily chance on, not all of which will payout gold (let alone a decent amount of it), and not all newbies understand what it does or that it's something they need to be doing.
Assuming each of the 8 chances pays out 7,500g, it would take 11.66 days to get the 700k vest alone (rounding so probably more days than that). It'd take them a month+ to make an outfit from HR.
If they intend to increase the payout of other things, it's moving very slowly. Post rewards, kicking things in towns, and to some extent even the items you get from playing the games don't really get you anything; and people who are new to the site aren't going to know how to play the market with the game items anyway. They could boost the value of the game items by adding more items to exchange them for, but that's got a snowball's chance in hell of happening it feels like.

How much was Louie's vest before the price increase and how much do people used to earn gold from the DC? How long would they have had to wait to get one of those vests? More than 11.66 days? Less than 11.66 days? Exactly 11.66 days?

x
I consider 10k quite an outlier since I've only gotten a couple of those in the last several years. I think I get less than 200g on the average unless I sell the commons with sell backs. Without the rare payout, it might take far more than 11.66 days.

Astounding Loiterer

12,200 Points
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Tycoon 200
Myrielle
Rosalind Hawk
Myrielle
Rosalind Hawk
Myrielle

x
I consider 10k quite an outlier since I've only gotten a couple of those in the last several years. I think I get less than 200g on the average unless I sell the commons with sell backs. Without the rare payout, it might take far more than 11.66 days.

Even if the 10k is an outlier, back then there were other fairly reliable ways to make gold that would have you getting that vest in less than 11.66 days.
Right now, DC is one of the most reliable ways to make gold (as a non-GC buying non market playing Gaian). Booty Grab was very popular, and it wasn't difficult to find tanks with 800-5000g payouts at the end of rounds. Sure that's still around- but we're dealing with the same payouts with completely different expenses. Higher tier tanks reward more, but they're a lot more rare in comparison these days and even the highest tier payouts are a drop in the bucket with the inflation. If you averaged 2,000 gold, you would have had that vest in 9 booty grabs. Not counting any gold you would have gotten from the DC. That same payout for the possible new cost of 700k is 350 booty grabs.
And someone else mentioned BG having a daily cap of 500k- I'm sorry, but who the hell is going to sit there and play 200 games of BG a day? Who's going to want to put forth the effort to find 200 playable instances?
You can sell charms you get from the DC for a pretty penny, but again I'm talking about how this GS increase is effecting newbies- and newbies probably won't sell them. They might not even think to check the MP price, and even if they do, they're new. They probably want to actually use the charms- and there's more than a few items that require them in bulk. As someone who's poor with no real connections on the site yet, your only reliable way of getting the charms for fusion is keeping them from the DC.
The main problem here, is they're (this is all assumptions based on speculated knowledge as this hasn't been officially announced or implemented into HR Wesley) going to be putting in these exorbitant prices without any indication that they'll follow with upping other payouts in a timely fashion.

Friendly Conventioneer

20,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
This is so unfair. I'm well below the Gaia poverty line at a whopping 25K.

I don't use Cash, so now what am I supposed to do?

Dapper Noob

Goddess Trinity
This is so unfair. I'm well below the Gaia poverty line at a whopping 25K.

I don't use Cash, so now what am I supposed to do?

Have yoiu tried Towns (not Towns 2, the original)? You need to go in at certain times (morning before 8 am GST and evening between 6 and 7 pm GST), but if you pick up some Old Crumpled Newspapers, that's 1mil+ PER. You can usually tell what the Gaian time of day is by paying attention to the header.

Right now, it's 10:37 am in Towns...so too late to really find them. I'm not sure if Blue carnation prices ever went back up, but you can try those too? Gather bugs for inks that sell for millions?

In a relationship with A Bunch Of Cats

Mewling Trash

33,375 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Kitten Star 75
Is h&r unlocked for others its not me

Benevolent Elder

17,550 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Noob wrangler 100
Amia-Chan
I am an older user as well, and I barely have enough time to run the DC and then check on friends (RL) and I am just now clearing 3mil! This is after I had been saving to try to work on wishlist stuff from WAAAAY before the inflation hit...(back when my fav. Lyndexer's Journal was a paltry 183,000 ...which was almost mine after bg a solid month of weekends plus selling stuff... sad kept getting higher. )
All of the kickstarters are way out of reach, and I've given up on the MP... I used to give them money, but now it looks like they only want me here if I pay.
Sad thing is, HRW is was the only real 'upscale' gs that was halfway affordable for all users.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff