Welcome to Gaia! ::

Familiar Phantom

So...since I haven't found a thread, yet...Season (Series?) Five aired a couple days ago in the UK! It's a relatively popular series even in the US, so I was wondering if anyone else is watching/has been watching.

NOTE: I think it's fair to say that any talk about Season Five should be labeled and tagged as a spoiler. Use discretion when talking about Season Four as well, as some people may be behind.

Ex: Season 5 Spoiler
Season 5 is the fifth season!

So now onto the fun.

Favorite characters? Favorite pairings? Predictions? Favorite plot line? Upstairs or downstairs?

Destructive Glitch

ooh, I love downton abbey~ I found upstairs downstairs okay as well but not close to as good as DA.
I dont really have favourite characters or couples, I like the show as a whole.
I just started watching s5 last night~ I see potential for this season as well~ ^^

Headstrong Senshi

20,150 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Power Surge 50
  • Team Player 50
DA topics don't really last, it is quite a shame but I love the series. Season 4 was awesome! Unfortunately the US has to wait till January to see it. I'm trying to avoid reading the Daily Mail because they always post about DA. sweatdrop Thanks for the spoilers.

Gaian

kureyuki

ooh, I love downton abbey~ I found upstairs downstairs okay as well but not close to as good as DA.
I dont really have favourite characters or couples, I like the show as a whole.
I just started watching s5 last night~ I see potential for this season as well~ ^^

I'm the same, I don't really have a favorite couple or season or anything as I like the entire show and cast.
Though I am not a very big fan of Barrow.

Lonely Lunatic

12,425 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
Such an amazing show. heart I love Edith. My OTP was her with Sir Anthony Strallan but alas.. Still holding a candle for them.

Call the Midwife is also an amazing show from the UK, I still have to watch the newest season.. Also behind with Once Upon a Time and Orphan Black, though. neutral

Inquisitive Spirit

42,350 Points
  • Doting Romantic 100
  • Simple Romantic 50
  • Ian's Valentine 100
I'm such a big fan of the show! heart It's one of those things, something so classy and fantastic. When there's a new episode I love to get a good cup of tea or coffee and just sit and watch it undisturbed. Such an incredible cast. And it really takes me away to the era. The sets, costumes, etc.

I was so excited to see that season 5 has started!
I don't really have a favorite character or couple. There's too many to love. 3nodding
But when Matthew died... oh that was so horrible.
I've been hooked on Downton since the first season! I love Edith! I thought her and Sir Anthony were cute together, and I was so sad when they didn't get married. Sybil and Tom were a couple that I really liked too. I'm really loving the costumes in the show now that they've moved into the 1920s in the past few seasons.

Familiar Phantom

Tune as old as Song

Though I am not a very big fan of Barrow.

Thomas bugs me too. He's been too mean for too long with too little reason, imo. I really want him to find somebody. Someone nice. That would be amazing.

RAPsody Ltd
I'm such a big fan of the show! heart It's one of those things, something so classy and fantastic. When there's a new episode I love to get a good cup of tea or coffee and just sit and watch it undisturbed. Such an incredible cast. And it really takes me away to the era. The sets, costumes, etc.

I was so excited to see that season 5 has started!
I don't really have a favorite character or couple. There's too many to love. 3nodding
But when Matthew died... oh that was so horrible.

Oh god yes. Spoiler'd material kind of cheapened the show for me. It just feels so...empty without that relationship, imo.

Lady Sansa
I've been hooked on Downton since the first season! I love Edith! I thought her and Sir Anthony were cute together, and I was so sad when they didn't get married. Sybil and Tom were a couple that I really liked too. I'm really loving the costumes in the show now that they've moved into the 1920s in the past few seasons.

Lol, poor Edith. I like her, but I'm definitely a Mary fan first. I like the 20s costumes, but I do miss the Victorian outfits.
        Whole of Season 3:
        I miss Sybil/Tom soo much. They were my second favorite couple. Now both of my favorite couples are gone. D:

Gaian

Phantom Pimpernel
    Thomas bugs me too. He's been too mean for too long with too little reason, imo. I really want him to find somebody. Someone nice. That would be amazing.
I agree. Now he's up to his old tricks and been a bully to the new ladies made. I really like her even though she was a thief.
I have a little thought in my head about what might happen.
I think Thomas might take some of Cora's Jewelry and make to make it look like Baxter did it. I really hope not though I like the new ladies maid.

Did you watch episode 2 of the new season?

Fashionable Fatcat

6,550 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Partygoer 500
I love the show but I havent been able to find anyone who wants to rp it. It would be such a wonderful setting.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff