Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm writing this, first and foremost, because Gaia has been a place where I go to forget my worries. I put as much distance between who I really am, and who I choose to be, as I possibly can.

However, as time passes, so does the phase of pretending to be something I'm not, and as I've matured, the line between who I've chosen to be, and who I actually am has blurred. I am, in essence choosing to be who I really am, and for once in my life, I understand myself and my thoughts.

Another reason behind typing out this potential wall of text, and potentially opening my own can of worms, is that I think better when I can see what I'm thinking. If I can't see it, or hear it, then my thoughts don't really surface. The fly by faster than I can comprehend them. Overanalyzing things would be what a toddler does compared to the doctorate my brain seems to have achieved. I've spent so long trying to hide who I am, that I can't even catch my own lies when I tell them sometimes.

The only way to call my own bullshit is to say it, and then catch it after saying it. It doesn't work as well as reading it, and realizing how full of s**t a sentence is.

All of that being said, I wanted to inform everyone on my friends list, as well as those who maybe consider me a friend, but I have either neglected to add, or removed at some point. Maybe we just talk often, but don't have each other added. Such a thing happens.

I've been attending psychiatrists appointments for the better part of 11 months, appointments to try and help me cope with my depression. Talking about what is wrong, attempting to medicate it, struggling to find solutions. In my own personal opinion, it's been the hardest year of my life. Each turn where I think I've managed to grasp a lead, I ******** it up beyond repair. Relationships, friendships, jobs, internships, volunteering.

Every time I try and talk about what's going on in my head, and how my thoughts are forming and the course of action that is rationalizing within my brain, someone tells me that it will get better. It's not that I don't believe them, and I pretend hearing that actually helps. But, it hasn't gotten better. If anything, the situation is at an all time low.

Talking about it doesn't help, in fact, talking about it has managed to make my thoughts worse every time. I've spent the better part of 22 years living for other people, sticking around because other people say they'd be sad if I wasn't. I don't have anything I want to live for. I've play video games, I've had relationships, I've flirted my heart out, I've had the best drink and food money can buy. I've had all of the experiences people tend to put on their bucket lists.

I'm not saying that I'm going to kill myself, but I'm also not saying that I would try and keep myself alive in a situation that was unsafe. I think long term that this isn't healthy, and I'm sure that I'm not wrong about that. However, I just need to let everyone know, I'm not okay, I won't be okay, it might get better, but saying it will doesn't help.

So if you ask me how I'm doing, my response is always compared to the last time we talked.
If I'm alright. It's the same as it was last time, if I'm surprisingly better, something good enough to make me think another day isn't such a bad thing, happened. If sucky, then I'm in the dumps.

This isn't a chance for you to tell me some story about overcoming weaknesses, and I know there are people with way shittier situations than me that are much much stronger.
I'm not blind to the fact that this looks like some form of a cry for help, but that's not what it is.

Anyways, I'm just posting this so I have something to direct people to when they ask what's wrong.
Gonna make another post to explain current situation.
Right now, instead of living in my own house in Missouri, I'm back in my old room in my parents house, over in Washington State. They've deemed this a safe place for me, and so long as they think it's not safe for me to live alone. I don't have my car, I don't have my computer, I don't have my friends. It's not my life I'm living.

I don't have access to my steam games and battle.net is shaky at best.
So I play league. I use Gaia. And, I hope that if I pretend my psychiatrists visits go well, that I can maybe go back to where I at least have some form of happiness.

I used to have a lot of friends here, but slowly and surely I feel disconnected and out of place with all of them. I'm not a very outgoing nor social person.
I'm just a spoiled rich brat with no self esteem, or confidence.

Feral Capitalist

I wish I knew what to say in situations like this other than
please keep yourself safe
and I know it's hard
krusty kreme
I wish I knew what to say in situations like this other than
please keep yourself safe
and I know it's hard

Thanks.
I do my best.

I just needed to put this somewhere because I think too few of the people that know me, actually understand my thoughts. Or what the hell is up with my weird lifestyle right now.

So I'm like, I'm not gonna post this every three days when someone else asks, I'm just gonna link to it.

OG Seraph

I hope that you'll feel better soon.
Take good care of yourself~

Prophet

**taking a time out to make a serious post here.**

Having dealt with problems of my own, that I won't dwell on, I still have no words to help you feel better. I don't know you or what you are going through, and I'm sure there are factors well beyond what you have explained.
It's hard. Harder than anything you'll ever know, or what I can put into words.

I am truly sorry because it hurts hearing from people when they are like this. Too many people I know have tried and even succeeded in ending their lives.

Agent Frog

25,175 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Invisibility 100
That's why you've got me.
Even if things somehow don't get better I'll be around for you okay?
Laukness
**taking a time out to make a serious post here.**

having dealt with problems of my own i won't dwell on i still have no words to help you feel better. I don't know you or what you are going through and I'm sure there are factors well beyond what you have explained.
It's hard. harder than anything you'll ever know, or what i can put into words.

i am truly sorry because it hurts hearing from people when they are like this. too many people i know have tried and even succeeded in ending their lives.

I won't try, not again.
And, so I won't have the opportunity to succeed.

As much as I hate what I'm going through, I don't want to give anyone else a reason to hate what they might not already.

I know how that feels, and it's all too bitter of a taste.

//pats
Rhythm_of_Silence

Yup.
Just a comprehensive post summarizing many conversations.

"what's wrong" is too much of a can of worms for me to answer every time.

Cuddly Blob

18,615 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Megathread 100

♥ᗷᗩᑎG ᗷᗩᑎG IᑎTO TᕼE ᖇOOᗰ♥
User Image

◕ ‿ ◕
im sorry
i can say i probbably can relate to what you are going thru
tho all situations are different
just keep yourself safe

i sent you a pm, if you ever do need or want to walk im here always
User Image
♥ᗷᗩᑎG ᗷᗩᑎG ᗩᒪᒪ OᐯEᖇ YOᑌ♥

Agent Frog

25,175 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Invisibility 100
FewSkito
Rhythm_of_Silence

Yup.

At least you've got it out in the open now, makes things less complicated in solving the problem.

Cat

15,590 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I read it all.
I'll always be there to read it all.
I can't offer s**t else, but I hear you, and I feel like this helped me understand you better.

Okechi's Wife

Moonlight Muse

40,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Pie For All! 300
I don't really plan on going anywhere or leaving you as a friend. I'm not going to give you any of the bullshit responses, because I know you don't believe them, and quite frankly, neither would I. However, I do consider you a good friend, and am proud of you for facing the fear of hiding behind a mask versus revealing who you truly are.
fuzzy . chaos
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I read it all.
I'll always be there to read it all.
I can't offer s**t else, but I hear you, and I feel like this helped me understand you better.

It's been a long struggle for me.
This is probably the only step in the right direction I've taken in a long time.
I think writing it was more therapeutic than anything else.
Rhythm_of_Silence
FewSkito
Rhythm_of_Silence

Yup.

At least you've got it out in the open now, makes things less complicated in solving the problem.

It's been in the open, I just try not to force it down people's throats.

Since talking doesn't help, I try not to.

I don't have any secrets, as wrong as that sounds.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff