Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pumpkin

I think that since it's anon, it would be easier to just sell it?
It'd be different if you knew who the gift was from D:

My boyfriend and I have had people sell gifts we gave them, I personally find it rude but, that's just my opinion xD

The person who gifted it to you might like that with that, the helped you get two other items cx

Yeata Zi's Bae

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
Why, you shouldn't have!

I don't sell gifts and always try to put them into an avatar when I can.

In a relationship with VICTUURl

Hardcore Man-Lover

Personally, I like to keep all my gifts. I always find a use for them at one time or another, so there's no reason to sell it.
Not to mention that I get a warm fuzzy feeling whenever I see those lovely gifts.
Anyway, If I do gift someone, they can do whatever with it. In the end, even if they sell it, it's helping them get the item they DO want.

Sahri's Partner

Dapper Mage

Random gifts are sweet, but they often aren't useful. I feel guilty selling or regifting them, but on the other hand...they just kind of sit there. Now, if it's from someone I know and it has sentimental value, I'll probably keep it. An expensive gift from an unknown person that I don't actually want...probably sell, but still feel guilty about it. >.>;;

I don't gift a lot, but when I do I try to give the person something that's either from their wishlist or an item related to something I know they enjoy (a knock off from an anime they like, a certain color scheme they wear all of the time, etc.). I hope they will keep/be able to use the item (or at least appreciate the sentiment behind it), but I understand if they later need to sell it to buy something else they want.

Tiny Chibis's Partner In Crime

God Eater

Nah I don't mind if people sell the gift I gave them. I gave it to them so they should do whatever they want with it. As for myself, I try to keep gifts I've gotten. But sometimes it's a multiple of an item I already have or something that doesn't fit me. But I try in my hardest to work with it for a while to see if I find that spark that makes me want to keep it. Then, after all of that I still can't find that spark, I either sell it or put it in the DD so that someone random can get it. I'll feel bad about giving away a gift, but I'll feel even worse if I'm just letting it rot in my invo. I rather give it to someone who could use the item better than I ever could.

User Image

Skylex Nevaeh's Husband

Shirtless Demon

17,050 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Ridley Starsmore
Here's the way I look at it from a gifting side.

Once I send you an item, that item is yours to do with as you see fit.

Wear it, re-gift it, sell it, donate it, trash it. Craft with it.

All your call. And that is as it should be. Because at that point, it's no longer mine, so it is no longer my concern. At all.

gaia_nitemareleft gaia_diamond gaia_nitemareright

Pretty much this. I do keep certain things because I absolutely love them, others I sell or re-gift.
In all aspects, the person who helped me has helped me in every way possible regardless, so I am grateful.

Aizen Kami's Waifu

Princess Healer

50,700 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Cosmic Healer 200
I keep my gifts no matter how small or large they are. I don't mind when people sell the gifts I give them but I can't seem to let go of the gifts I receive from others. Holding onto my gifts makes feel all warm and fuzzy inside. xd

Cutesmasher

11,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
The Cake Mage of Sheep
Eladwodahs
You gift to make yourself happy and feel good. I say do what ever you want with the item. A gift is a gift, not an obligation.
I slightly disagree. If I'm gifting a random person chances are its to make me happy and feel good. Like see I did a good deed, I'm not a bad person. But if I'm gifting a friend then I'm doing it as much or more to make them happy. I'll be honest, I'm a pretty greedy person and if given the choice I'd rather keep my items and gold for me. But if someone is my friend I've no problem buying them an item or giving them gold, so long as I actually have the gold to spend. There's a few items I'll never part with, but pretty much everything else I have I'd gladly give to a friend or my boyfriend. The greedy part of me would be sad to see the item go but I'd also be really happy that I'd made someone I care about happy.

I understand, however, I would not expect someone to hold onto something forever because that's a very long time. What you're not comfortable doing, someone else has no problem selling, donating or re-gifting. Whether it's a friend or a stranger, you're still doing it to make yourself feel good.....like a charity. That's how I feel, I know every one has their own opinions. Do what feels right for you.

Tenacious Hellhound

minghii's Compadre

Sexy Bun

Never sell. I keep everything.
I chuck it onto a mule to avoid any temptation to sell or lapse of judgement.

I won't get offended if you sell my gifts. It's okay. I get it.

O.G. Gaian

26,090 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
I've seen stuff like this before, my thing is pretty much once I've gifted someone that's where it stops for me. Whatever they do with it is their business :3 When I'm gifted something, lately I just keep stuff since gold is worthless now and I'm not really questing anything lol. I understand keeping something for sentimental value though =]

`Russell Ace's Fangirl

Russell Superfan

57,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Russell Ace: Super Handsome Cards Dealer 500
I am the embodiment of fear and evil

I always keep gifts, in fact I believe I've stated this enough in the GCD that back in April-ish, someone gifted me something specifically to sell so I could get the rare bugs I needed for my backwings quest before they inflated too badly. They had to tell me it was for me to sell otherwise they knew I wouldn't. xD I still highly appreciate that gift and feel a little guilty for selling it even though that was it's purpose. xD

When I gift people, I never expect them to keep it. Once I give it out, it's theirs to do with. I honestly don't understand some people's need to be the item police, not just about gifts but when they sell things to people. I'm just sitting there thinking, just give it up people, it's theirs to do with now. rolleyes

of the House of Demonic Dreams

Enduring Spirit

That is a tough situation. I let them do what they want with the item. It's theirs to enjoy it how they want it. I would be most happy if an item I gave you helped on your quest if you decide not to keep it.

Of course, when someone gifts me, I find it very hard to let go. But when I don't like the item much, I ask the person if I can sell it. Though that only happened one time and it was recently. A friend gifted me a User item that I wanted since the person made it. Alas, it only was good on paper and fell flat during the execution. I was out of hiatus and wanted some new things to try out and thanks to her letting me, I am having more fun with the items I bought with that gold. Aside from that recent experience, I always keep the gifted items in my invo.

Wild Glitch

29,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
  • Magical Gems 500
It really depends on how I got the item gifted to me on whether I'd think of selling it or not. I used to be a frequenter in giveaways where they give out sometimes random items and sometimes things off your wishlist. I have a couple items from those that I'd never sell because I like them and/or I was so happy when they gave them to me that I'd never give them up. I also have two items a friend gave me for my birthday, first time some one gave me items for my birthday on gaia and I was really surprised he did that for me so I'd never give them up either. Then there is the random items I've gotten as random anons (from various anon event threads I visited to gift out through) and random items from the giveaways I mentioned, those I might keep or I might sell. They are generally random and nothing I can wear so I tend to sell them but I always feel guilty about it. I also always keep the messages, I love them.

When I gift someone I generally go off their wishlist. If they don't have one, I don't gift them. (Unless I'm giving a troll anon then it's something like pancakes.) If they sell it later on I don't mind, I just like the idea of giving something a person wanted and helping them on their quests.

Tiny Shapeshifter

Now I think about it, I have more trouble parting with my items than gifting my extras to people. /random-thought.

I mean, I could really care less about what people do with the items I don't need, especially ones I plan to sell in the MP anyway (heck, even I don't need much gold these days). All I know is that I will be making someone's day when I gift them something they really want (when I do so) with items I don't need. If people don't want to keep it, then they're free to sell 'em for questing funds. From what I experienced so far, I actually do prefer peeps to exchange the gifts for better items. Lord knows I'm like a dragon hoarding items like I do with gold sometimes. xD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff